Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance is #13 ranked solution in top Deduplication Software. IT Central Station users give Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance an average rating of 8 out of 10. Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance is most commonly compared to Dell EMC PowerProtect DD (Data Domain):Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance vs Dell EMC PowerProtect DD (Data Domain).
What is Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance?

Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance was previously known as Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance.

Download the Deduplication Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance Customers
Stechert Stahlrohrm_bel GmbH
Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance Video

Fujitsu Jujitsu Data Deduplication Appliance Reviews

SergiCastromil
Technical Engineer with 1-10 employees
Simple to use, but the web interface needs to be improved

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is its simplicity."
  • "Technical support needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use an ETERNUS model for our storage device and we use Veeam Backup for backup and replication of it. Our backup and replication platform can store hundreds and hundreds of terabytes and we use the Fujitsu Data Duplication Appliance to assist with this.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its simplicity. You just connect some cables and it is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Imagine that you have two customers writing data to your appliance. You have two repositories, each one for each customer. If you need to know the real space used for each of them, you can't. Using the graphics and data that the appliance gives to you you are able to visualize how much space it is used on the system, as a global. There're other solutions that actually are able to do so.

That's the most important thing that I miss.

On another hand, I would like to see the web platform improved because it is a little bit confusing. There are options behind more and more options. If you try to get data about the performance, or research space, then it is confusing. Basically, anything to make things more clear for the user would be an improvement.

And, as important as the first thing I said, technical support needs to be improved, at least in Spain.

I have been using the Fujitsu Data Duplication Appliance for approximately one year.

The stability of this solution is good, but in my opinion, the EMC Data Domain is a little bit better.

In terms of scalability, this appliance gives us what we need. However, if you need to replication from one device to another, I don't know if it's that good.

We have approximately 50 users. They are all backup administrators.

I have been in touch with Fujitsu technical support and this is the bad part of the solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. It took one morning, perhaps three hours, to deploy it.

I deployed this solution with the help of my co-workers.

I have also evaluated EMC solutions, and it is hard to choose between EMC and Fujitsu.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is researching this solution is that if they want something that is pretty easy to use and manage, and they have a small or medium-sized business and they want to store their data on-site, then this is a good solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Deduplication Software
Download our free Deduplication Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fujitsu, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!