Muzaffar  Abbas
Regional Manager at VDart
Secure, stable, scalable, and easy to use

• "Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive. Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs."
  • "There could be more options in Google G Suite. They can include HD calling for Google Meet. The layout portion in the calendar for Google G Suite can be better designed. When we get into the calendar and start scheduling meetings, we do have few hiccups here and there. The layout can be a little easier. People from different backgrounds are finding it a little bit tough to understand. It should be more intuitive. At the moment, it has a completely white background. To do power saving, it would be good if they can release a darker background. There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We have different use cases. We have a set of people, like the executives and recruiters, who use G Suite for documentation, email, and everything. There is a separate set of people, like the leadership team, who use it just for emails. We also use Google Meet for team meetings. All our laptops are getting backed up to Google Drive. Google has covered everything in one shot.

What is most valuable?

Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive.

Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs.

What needs improvement?

There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release.

I have been using this solution for the past three years.

It is stable and reliable.

It is scalable. Scalability is the main feature of G Suite. We have somewhere close to 900 to 1,500 users who use it on a daily basis.

I haven't contacted them. I'm an ISM, and my IT team was responsible for handling the hiccups that happened 45 days ago. When the server was down, they were in touch with the technical team.

I didn't find it complex.

I deployed it on my own. It is maintained on its own in the cloud.

Being an ISM, I regularly audit the logs for the G Suite to find out if we have any kind of hiccups. Around 45 days back, our server went down for almost eight hours. I could figure out through the logs why it was down and what was happening. It is not much work when it comes to the maintenance of G Suite.

I had started doing research from my side about what is G Suite and what other options we have for an enterprise solution. Coming from an IT background, it took me a day or so to understand what G Suite is. It did not take me long.

What other advice do I have?

From information security, that is, confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) as well as stability and reliability point of view, G Suite is the product to go for.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.

Abhirup Sarkar
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to use, and very quick to set up

• "The general ease of use is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's extremely simple to use. You don't even have to look up videos in order to figure things out. It's all very intuitive."
  • "They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer."

What is our primary use case?

The product itself has a host of tools that come with it. Basically, we use it for our online meetings - web-based meetings. We use Google Meet for them. For file storage, we are using Google Drive. For any surveys or anything, again, there are capabilities. We are using the product for Gmail - their email service.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a host of features. There are so many, we are not using all of them. However, quite a few of them, including Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and so on are extremely valuable to us.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is very good.

The product is on the cloud. It's plug-and-play. There isn't a long, drawn-out setup process.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be better. Maybe they can get some special pricing for it. They have something called a Business Starter, but maybe they can look at still slightly more optimized pricing for the other companies as well.

They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer.

I don't see any technical challenges or features that are lacking. More or less, they have everything we need.

We've been using the solution for about a year or so now. It hasn't been too long.

We've found the solution to be very stable. We haven't faced any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's given us no issues at all so far. It's reliable.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 50 users on the solution at this time.

We do pan to continue to use it, and to increase usage in the future.

We did not require the assistance of technical support, and therefore I cannot speak to their level of service. We only really had two issues, and we simply used Google to find the answers we needed. Technical support was not required. Therefore, I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

The solution is on the cloud. It's kind of a plug-and-play solution. We just got a license or subscription. It gave us access to so many users. There are no hassles at all for the installation and configuration. They make it very simple.

It hardly takes more than a few minutes. The deployment is very fast.

You only need one person to handle the deployment process. It requires a very minimal amount of staff.

The pricing is a bit high. They should offer more licenses that could appeal to a wider variety of companies.

We currently have a yearly subscription which we pay.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution currently.

I'd recommend this solution to other users or companies. It's very user-friendly and easy to adopt.

I'd rate the product at a perfect ten out of ten. For a company our size, it gives us everything we require. It's great.

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KI
Head of Product at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use and stable but does have formatting issues

• "The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider."
  • "For Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email and Google Drive. We use Google Sheets as well occasionally. It's mainly those items. We don't really use Google Docs. It's largely Google Drive and Gmail.

What is most valuable?

The solution is rather easy to collaborate on. You can just upload files, even if it is an Excel file or a Word document. Once they are uploaded, you can collaborate easily.

The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

The solution is very easy to use.

It's perfect for smaller organizations.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

I used Excel quite a bit. When you switch over to Google Suite, maybe due to the fact that it's a web platform, the shortcuts are not the easiest. I'm quite used to Excel shortcuts. Shortcuts on G Suite are not the best.

In terms of Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit.

I've maybe been working with the solution for about three years or so. In my previous company, we were working with G Suite as well. I've used it across a few organizations at this point.

The stability is very good overall. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the product is good. We haven't hit any limitations at all. If a company can scale it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I've never come across a problem that would require me to raise a ticket. The solution works very well. I haven't had any technical issues and therefore have no experience with technical support.

I also use Microsoft Office. Sometimes when you upload Microsoft to Google, the formatting goes a little haywire.

In terms of the initial setup, I don't know too much about the process. I didn't set it up personally. It was my company's support services that handled the implementation. It was also already up and running when I came in. They just asked me to set up my Gmail and I have access to all the other sorts of apps in G Suite. In that sense, it's straightforward.

Our internal team set up the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are just users and customers.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.  If the solution had fewer formatting issues on Microsoft to Google uploads, and if I used Google Keep more, I might rate it higher.

If you don't use anything, it's always between this option and Office 365. For a smaller company, G Suite is easy to set up. I would assume it's quite straightforward. Microsoft might be better for a larger organization. In general, however, the whole setup is pretty easy to use.

DB
Country Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with lots of great features and good stability

• "I like everything that Google does. They have good products."
  • "The solution could always be more secure, although that doesn't affect me so much."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use it for interaction with customers. For internal use, we mostly use Slack. There's hardly any email internally. External emails, however, require Gmail.

What is most valuable?

I like everything that Google does. They have good products.

It's easy to use.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is good.

It's smarter than I am. There are always more features that I need to explore.

I'm happy with its current integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The next trend in email is automation, as email becomes hard when you need to do maintenance, put in the files, and remember where you put stuff. Automation can take away the noise, so to speak.

That said, for us, since a lot of the communication is done on Slack, email is not used as much anymore. It used to be distribution lists and it was difficult to maintain the inbox. However, now, using Slack, it's not a big issue anymore.

I've been at my current company for about three months and have used it since then.

The stability of G-suite is good. There are no bugs or glitches. There is no crashing or freezing. It's reliable.

The solution is very scalable. If you need to scale up, you can do so with Google.

We don't have a lot of users. We're a small company. It's probably close to a hundred users in total.

I've never been in touch with technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I would not be able to rate the level of service they provide.

I used Office 365 before. I can't say that there's a major difference between the two options, or that one is good and one is bad. They're both very good, very advanced.

As it's a cloud-based solution, there isn't really an implementation that happens. It's very simple and straightforward to start using it.

I don't know how much it costs due to the fact that I'm just a user. I'm a sales guy, I'm not the IT guy. I don't handle any aspect of licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is a client and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Google.

As we are using the cloud version of the solution, we're always on the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It does what it needs to do in a very good way, so it gets a high mark from me.

AP
Solutions / IT / AI Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable with an easy initial setup and great stability

• "The product can scale easily."
  • "The cost could be improved. It can sometimes be a bit confusing figuring out how we are actually being charged."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the various software on the platform. We also use it for sales administration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is its ability to offer sales administrative support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The stability has always been very good.

The product can scale easily.

What needs improvement?

There should be something done about inter-productivity between cloud platforms. It is so difficult to connect two different platforms with these tools as there is not any inter-productivity or inter-operability.

We started with the free version of the solution and have since moved to the enterprise option. We've used the solution for about three years at this time.

The product is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. A company could easily expand it out to fit whatever needs they have.

Currently, our organization has about 50 users. We do plan to continue to use the solution.

I can't really speak to the helpfulness or responsiveness of technical support. We don't really use it that much.

We didn't really use any other solution previously. We might have just used other Google offerings. We were only four people, and we originally a small team.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward. It's easy. A company wouldn't have any issues with the prospect of setting it up internally.

The deployment only took 15 days. It was quite quick. We really appreciated it didn't take too long.

I can't directly speak to how many people were involved internally in the deployment and maintenance aspects of the product.

We did not use a reseller, integrator, or consultant's services during the initial setup. We were able to handle it ourselves internally. We had our own team in place.

The cost structure should be adjusted to make it more clear and explain better to users how they are being charged and why.

We started with the free version and have since moved to the enterprise offering.

I don't have information regarding the exact costs for our company.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I would recommend the solution. We've been mostly quite happy with it overall.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

RV
key founder and Managing Director at adcareIT
Good mobile features, excellent search capabilities, and allows for multiple users to edit one document simultaneously

• "They are launching more and more features for mobile, which I understand our customers appreciate."
  • "I am not a big fan of how Gmail organizes the mail. I find it complicated to see which mail from which users send at which date. Especially if there is a lot."

What is our primary use case?

We tend to implement this solution for our clients. The solution is mainly used for email.

What is most valuable?

Most of our customers are using the basic version.

A lot of the customers use Google Suite. They like the word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presenting tools of Google. Younger customers, newer companies, are more used to full Google. Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, and so, on as they used it already as a student. They are quite comfortable with the solution and find it user-friendly and easy to navigate - more so than Microsoft, for example.

The ability for multiple users to work in one document is very useful.

The Gmail search tool is excellent. They have the most powerful search tool of all the email managers I work with. They are much, much better than Outlook, for instance. The Outlook search machine is fairly poor actually. If you have a lot of emails and you will do a search, it misses a lot.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for about ten years or so. It's been a long time at this point.

The companies we work with are 100% small and medium-sized. We don't have any enterprise or corporate customers.

While I have never directly dealt with technical support from Google, from talking with my team, it is my understanding that they are quite good. I would say that we are satisfied with the level of support.

We've also worked with Microsoft. We mostly use that in my office.

Given how happy our customers have been with the solution, I would rate it at an eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Google partner and we sell to our customers G Suite, or Google Works as it is called now. That's what we do. We're are also a Microsoft partner. We do a lot with Dynamics, Navision Microsoft Dynamics, and we're also a reseller of Microsoft 365. We do backup and disaster recovery in partnership with N‑able. All these things, we do as an MSP. We do remote monitoring as a platform solution where you buy the agents and you do your own management or we do it as an MSP where we do 24/7 management, for instance, of your server monitoring.

We are a managed service provider or a total IT service provider to the market. We do a variety of solutions, primarily for SMEs.

AS
Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Easy to use, simple to navigate around and very stable

• "From a security point of view, Google will alert you if anything strange is happening. They will flag it for you so you are aware."
  • "Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use G Suite for our internal tasks. In the company, all the accounts are set up in the G Suite. We use chat also, as well as video functionality and the drive on offer. We do calls through Google G Suite itself.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution.

It's simple to use and navigate.

I like the video capabilities. I like it more than Microsoft Teams and Zoom as well, due to the fact that it's so simple.

The functionality is really simple and it's absolutely cloud-based and it's easy to use and it's fast.

The solution is stable.

You can scale the product.

What needs improvement?

Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing. That's an improvement that can be made so that we can see everyone who actually enters a meeting.

I've been using the solution for one year. It hasn't been that long.

The solution is very stable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

Currently, we have about 450 people using the product.

I've never dealt with technical support. I've never had any problems and therefore I have never had to reach out. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I also have experience with Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom (for video conferencing tasks).

However, we have only used this product and did not use anything else previously.

I did not handle any aspect of the installation process. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was, how long it took, or what was involved in executing.

I can't speak to the cost of the product or how much our company pays. I don't deal with payments or licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I use this product at my current company.

We use the enterprise version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend the product to other users and organizations.

ST
IT Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Ability to co-edit and collaborate is a time saver; tool sharing within the one facility is lacking

• "Ability to co-edit and collaborate on content."
  • "Not all tools are available in the one facility."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is collaboration but we also use it for email and the calendar. We deal with medium and large size companies. We're partners with G Suite and I'm an IT cloud manager.

How has it helped my organization?

G Suite has saved the company a lot of time. There's no longer any need to download files, everything can be edited online.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features of this solution include content co-editing, content collaboration, email searching, and calendar sharing.

What needs improvement?

I would ideally like to see a common space in the product where all the tools are shared within the same facility, something similar to Microsoft Teams, where all solutions are provided in one site. That would be a major improvement and an additional feature that would improve the product.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is good and it permits collaboration, but I think in the last couple of years it hasn't been as good as the Microsoft solution.

This is a super scalable solution. When you grow, it grows with you. We have almost 3,000 users in our company.

I've had good experience with technical support.

We didn't previously use anything else. The migration to G Suite came from the move from on-premises to cloud, from Lotus Notes to G Suite.

The initial setup of this product is very straightforward. Deployment time depends on the number of users because the administration is different if you're implementing for a large company. We have implemented in our own company as well as for our customers. It took three months to have it perfectly fine-tuned for our company including the migration from Lotus Notes. We are integrators so we did it ourselves. We used four people to assist and they now deal with maintenance if it's required. We have IT engineers, two administrators and two other IT engineers and consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend any company carry out a good profiling of the people who are going to be migrated to the solution, and to implement a good change management adoption in order to have everyone on board. If you do this you have satisfied users and they are the ones who are going to rely on the tool and get all the advantages the tool provides.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.