VK
Head IT at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with an easy set up and self reliant integration

• "The solution is stable."
  • "Our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest update of the solution. We use it on Windows and are now using it on Windows 10. We utilize the latest version.

We are using all the basic features and have already hosted for three domains.

What is most valuable?

The solution serves our needs. We do not use any of Google G Suite's development products. As such, it is good for us.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is very high, although I cannot tell if this is the result of the Indian vendors artificially inflating it. We are talking about 2,500 per year for each mailbox, which is very high.

Also, our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months. When they tried to bring this about they simply lost out on the money they remitted on their credit or debit cards. I feel this to be a very bad practice.

We have not encountered any support when it comes to such issues. While we have escalated to their email address, we have found this procedure to be very complicated. It took a week's time to receive a response from when we submitted all the relevant details and it is still not clear if the money has been refunded.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for almost seven years.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is always on the high side.

We have not been satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was very easy.

We did the integration on our own, without the assistance of a vendor or integrator. We had no issues, as the implementation and deployment teams are very good.

The very high pricing is what brings down my rating of the solution from a ten to an eight.

Also, they only contact a person at the time of renewal, at which point they are very rigid with the price. No negotiation is permitted whatsoever. A person can only be certain that his money will be consumed, but has no such guarantee about the quota being increased.

What other advice do I have?

We are not seeking new requirements or additional features. Our things work fine. Sharing is there and the conferencing is going on. We encounter no difficulties with the features we use.

Our company has around 215 users who are making use of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to others and have done so with many people who have contacted me.

I rate G Suite Enterprise as an eight out of ten.

Paweł Psuty
Partner, Cloud Expert at GoCloud
Provides great opportunities for collaboration and streamlining our business

• "Extremely reliable, providing great collaboration features."
  • "There is some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our primary tool for communication and collaboration within the company. We use it for everything possible. We are partners with Google and I'm a cloud expert and company partner.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization in many ways, whether it's in terms of quick access to information from any place and the fact that it's more than just email. In the work environment I can quickly collaborate with others on urgent matters. Problems are addressed more quickly and content is created and approved in less time, providing quick and easy access to information.

What is most valuable?

It's difficult to name a single valuable feature, but I like that it simply works and is reliable. I like the philosophy of the product.

What needs improvement?

G Suite has improved but there's still some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules. The general Q and A's are different from the Q and A's in Google presentations and Google slides. I think the three could be unified into a single function rather than three different functions. For additional features, I'd like to see some project management area tools, workflow tools around document management, that kind of thing.

I've been using this solution for over 10 years.

The solution is absolutely reliable and stable.

Scalability is excellent - the product is a public cloud product so by definition it's scalable. We're not a big company, we have close to 20 users and they are in all roles, whether it's sales, marketing, professional services or administration.

As partners, I think the technical support offered is good. From Google's perspective, I think it could be improved. There is quality lacking in their support. The solution works very well and there are rarely any technical issues and that could be the reason that their first line of support is not great. I think it's similar with other vendors so it seems to be the industry average.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

There are different licensing packages available so you can choose what suits you. The price is relatively low, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to anything else, this solution is absolutely the best.

I rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lourika Vlietstra
Senior Project Manager / Project Director at three6five network solutions
Great search features, reliable storage, and it's quick thinking

• "Good search features, reliable storage, and quick thinking."
  • "Expensive with a complicated licensing structure."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a customer of G Suite Enterprise and a user.

What is most valuable?

Personally, I find that Google meetings and the Hangout application are much easier to use than Microsoft Teams. If I send a customer a Zoom invite or a Google Hangouts invite, it's easier than joining a Teams meeting where an alternative account of mine might be chosen causing confusion. It means I have to close the program, exit everything, restart, log into the correct email address, and then rejoin. It's complicated. Hangouts is easy, and if you have more than one Google account, you can choose which account you wish to use. These days, more people work for more than one company, so it makes sense to be able to switch between accounts, depending on who you're engaging with.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some changes; working with images inside a doc can sometimes be irritating because it doesn't move the way you'd like. It lacks an auto-fill feature and when you drag down a number, it doesn't auto-fill. Alternatively, it assumes you want to add a digit onto a value that you don't really want. Microsoft has a copy option where you don't auto-fill, Google Sheets doesn't have that feature. The solution has a complicated licensing structure and it's expensive, especially for small businesses. Their Word and Excel packages are not as powerful as Microsoft, but not everybody needs that.

I've been using this solution for three years.

It's stable, I haven't had any bugs or issues. They're on top of it.

Licensing is complicated, you can't just buy a license and have access to all the packages. You buy a license and get five packages, but then if you need something else it requires another license, it's annoying. I understand why they do it but as a small company, you might want to use the video once or twice a year and it requires purchasing a license for a year just for that. A per-use fee would be better.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has everything you need. It's got search features, it's got reliable storage, card features it's got quick thinking, it's awesome.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

RG
Senior Manager, Engineering at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A user-friendly and reliable mail engine that is scalable, easy to install, and has a good calendar

• "The calendar is the most valuable feature."
  • "The synchronization is a bit of an issue."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is our mailbox engine.

What is most valuable?

The calendar is the most valuable feature.

The mail and many other options can be managed on Gmail.

The calendar is something that we are using extensively.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The synchronization is a bit of an issue. In Gmail and the G Suite, there is synchronization in the inbox and at times it doesn't sync the way it's supposed to.

Synchronization is an issue that I would like to see resolved.

Also, there are issues when you have an attachment. It may be a problem with my company or an issue with the policy of my company, but it is a universal issue. For example, if you are on your Google account and there are attachments on your calendar, then when you do the synchronization, the calendar attachment won't attach.

This is a problem that occurs some of the time but not always. It would be helpful to correct this issue.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for one year.

This is a stable product.

You can scale it easily. Internally they use Google Cloud, which has several features to increase it.

We have more than 10,000 users in our organization.

We have not had the need to contact technical support.

G Suite is not great when you compare it to Microsoft Outlook, but it works.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

It took a couple of hours to deploy.

The deployment was done in-house.

Licensing costs are on a yearly basis.

We have not evaluated other solutions. We knew this was the one we wanted.

What other advice do I have?

I absolutely recommend this solution to others.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Swapnil Said
Embedded Design Enginee at ATOMBERG
Feature-rich with many components that we use for every day tasks

• "We use Google Sheets extensively for things like sharing plans, data, test reports, and more."
  • "Google Meet is a very good product, but it's not up to the mark if you compare it against other products like Zoom or Microsoft Teams."

What is our primary use case?

We use several components of G Suite for our daily tasks including sending and receiving emails, Google Drive for storing data, and Google Calendar for meetings.

What is most valuable?

We use Google Meet for all of our meetings.

Google Sheets is the best feature and use it tremendously. We use Google Sheets extensively for things like sharing plans, data, test reports, and more.

What needs improvement?

Google Meet is a very good product, but it's not up to the mark if you compare it against other products like Zoom or Microsoft Teams. These other products are running at a better quality.

When we convert files from Excel into Google Sheets, many of the formulas disappear or are unworkable. For example, there are some conditional formulas that we can use in Excel, but do not work in Google Sheets.

We have been using G Suite Enterprise for more than three years.

This solution is very much stable.  From our side, there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't think that there is an issue with scalability. When I joined the company, they were already using G Suite, and we were a team of only five people. Now, the team has grown to more than 100 people and we easily scaled.

We have never had to contact Google because we have a third party who supports us for this product, and they are very good. When we have an issue, such as a server is down and you can't access your email, the issue is resolved within minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product, it is really scalable, and I definitely recommend it. This is a really good investment and there are many features that we have not yet exploited.

Google
Nhan Tran
Data & AI expert at One Mount Group
Easy to use and reasonable priced but requires the addition of offline capabilities

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "Sometimes, I would like to be able to use the solution offline, and I can't do so. It would be ideal if there was some sort of offline mode available."

What is most valuable?

It's great that we can support all types of docs and we don't have to install any application and need to store anything on a laptop or local machine. It helps us save physical space on devices.

The solution is very stable.

It's a very easy-to-use solution and is very intuitive.

Technical support has been great.

What needs improvement?

I have found that certain applications, such as G Suite Sheets, are hard to use. They aren't very intuitive. The layout isn't great.

I've been using the solution for just under a year or so. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I'm not sure how scalable the solution is. I haven't tested its ability to scale personally.

We have about 2,000 people in our organization using the product.

Support has been great. We even have local support, and it makes it easy to communicate. We have been satisfied with their level of service.

Before Google, we used Microsoft and its suite of applications, including Microsoft email.

There is no need to install anything; it is all on the cloud.

The solution is pretty inexpensive. Our company pays for licensing that is per user.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution right now.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I'd recommend it to companies looking for an easy-to-use solution that is relatively cheap.

Dhiraj Verma
Global Information Technology Manager at Kaleyra
Stable, scalable, and easy setup

• "G Suite Enterprise is scalable."
  • "The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint."

What is our primary use case?

I am using G Suite Enterprise for a messaging platform and identity service.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint.

In an upcoming release, self-services, identity governance, and overall features could improve. Additionally, there should be a feature to allow users to connect to Password Anywhere to manage their passwords, such as password resetting. All these features are already provided by Microsoft Office 365 and they are leading in these areas.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

G Suite Enterprise is scalable.

The support could improve for Google platforms. For example, there could be better videos or tutorials. The technical support is not as good as what is provided by Microsoft. For example, when the Google cloud identity service does not log a user in, the technical documents and the support pass the blame onto the laptop manufacturer. They are avoiding responsibility for the integration.

The setup is usually easy.

The main challenge regarding startups with identity services is you could be on a platform that works well but the services are expensive. For example, Microsoft Azure costs approximately $30 per user which is expensive. You end up choosing a different platform, such as G Suite Enterprise because it is priced reasonably and is less expensive than other solutions.

When evaluating Google, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Azure identity services, I have found Azure is the best.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AbdullahAl Masum
Professional Prospect List Building Service Provider, Email Sourcer, Virtual Assistant at Freelance
An enterprise workspace solution with adequate storage and easy email account creation

• "I think it is a great subscription for me. I think it is important, especially when making an internal email subscription. For example, I can easily create my colleague's email address, and we can use it. I benefited from G Suite. I am using the G Suite Drive, which provides 30GB of storage, and it is helping for me. I think it's better for me."
  • "I talked with G Suite recently because my G Suite has a temporary block. I communicated with the G Suite representative or Google representative, and he told me that I sent a lot of emails, so my email was temporarily blocked. But I know I have not sent more than 500 emails daily to reach the limit. I sent only 5,200 emails, but unfortunately, my G Suite account was temporarily blocked for 24 hours, and then he resolved it. I think they need to improve G Suite because this temporary block is not fair."

What is our primary use case?

I use G Suite Enterprise for email.

What is most valuable?

I think it is a great subscription for me. I think it is important, especially when making an internal email subscription. For example, I can easily create my colleague's email address, and we can use it. I benefited from G Suite. I am using the G Suite Drive, which provides 30GB of storage, and it is helping for me. I think it's better for me.

What needs improvement?

I talked with G Suite recently because my G Suite has a temporary block. I communicated with the G Suite representative or Google representative, and he told me that I sent a lot of emails, so my email was temporarily blocked. But I know I have not sent more than 500 emails daily to reach the limit. I sent only 5,200 emails, but unfortunately, my G Suite account was temporarily blocked for 24 hours, and then he resolved it. I think they need to improve G Suite because this temporary block is not fair.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for just one month.

G Suite Enterprise is stable.

I am definitely satisfied with its technical support.

Initially, I used Microsoft Outlook for almost six months. I used those subscriptions, but I cannot buy the Microsoft mailbox service. I tried to communicate with a Microsoft representative, and she tried many times over two hours, but she cannot install or buy my subscription. After that, she provided me with our local representative number. Unfortunately, I cannot reach those people. That's when I escaped Microsoft Outlook and moved to Google G Suite. I think G Suite features are better for me.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give G Suite Enterprise an eight.