Dhiraj Verma
Global Information Technology Manager at Kaleyra
Stable, scalable, and easy setup

• "G Suite Enterprise is scalable."
  • "The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint."

What is our primary use case?

I am using G Suite Enterprise for a messaging platform and identity service.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint.

In an upcoming release, self-services, identity governance, and overall features could improve. Additionally, there should be a feature to allow users to connect to Password Anywhere to manage their passwords, such as password resetting. All these features are already provided by Microsoft Office 365 and they are leading in these areas.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

G Suite Enterprise is scalable.

The support could improve for Google platforms. For example, there could be better videos or tutorials. The technical support is not as good as what is provided by Microsoft. For example, when the Google cloud identity service does not log a user in, the technical documents and the support pass the blame onto the laptop manufacturer. They are avoiding responsibility for the integration.

The setup is usually easy.

The main challenge regarding startups with identity services is you could be on a platform that works well but the services are expensive. For example, Microsoft Azure costs approximately $30 per user which is expensive. You end up choosing a different platform, such as G Suite Enterprise because it is priced reasonably and is less expensive than other solutions.

When evaluating Google, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Azure identity services, I have found Azure is the best.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
CL
Partner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Allows you to co-work with colleagues simultaneously

• "personally prefer to use G Suite applications, such as Gmail, Slides, and Sheets, because they give you the freedom to share the document you're editing and co-work with other colleagues simultaneously."
  • "We've had difficulty using PowerPoint files in G Suite. PowerPoint has some functions that are not available in G Suite, so when you convert from PPTX to the Slides format, they don't work."

What is our primary use case?

I work for a consultancy and conduct research for my customers. We are using G Suite to track activities and write some memos.

What is most valuable?

I personally prefer to use G Suite applications, such as Gmail, Slides, and Sheets, because they give you the freedom to share the document you're editing and co-work with other colleagues simultaneously. However, some of my colleagues favor Microsoft PowerPoint and other user-based applications.

What needs improvement?

We've had difficulty using PowerPoint files in G Suite. PowerPoint has some functions that are not available in G Suite, so when you convert from PPTX to the Slides format, they don't work. Also, you might be missing some fonts or pictures too. To stay competitive, Google needs to make G Suite more compatible with PowerPoint.

We've been using G Suite since our company was founded one year ago.

I have not had any significant problems, so I haven't had a chance to contact support. I would only need support if I had to change the password, but this rarely happens.

Setting up Google is no problem. You create an email. That's it. So it works everywhere. We didn't have to do anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite nine out of 10. If it weren't for G Suite's compatibility problems with PowerPoint, I would rate it a perfect 10. PowerPoint files are often broken when we convert. Nevertheless, I recommend that companies use cloud-based applications as much as possible. PowerPoint doesn't allow you to cooperate with other colleagues simultaneously. That's the deciding factor. On a desktop solution, it's hard to pull together a project with multiple parts where one person is working on each.

Google
Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abdulla Pathan
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
A stable and scalable solution for our emails, documents, and internal meetings

• "It is quite a useful tool. It allows many people to work on a document. You can actually provide review comments and tag anybody to make the comment changes. You can also attach a document in Google Chat."
  • "We use Zoom most of the time for official meetings, and we use Google Meet only for internal meetings. I would like to get an improvised Google Meet. It would be good if they can make Google Meet more clear in communication and more scalable like Zoom."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the complete G Suite Enterprise. It includes Google Email, Google Drive, Google Meet, Google Docs, and Google Sites. For our internal meetings, we are using Google Meet. For our email services, Google Email is there, and for our documents, we use Google Drive Enterprise. We are using the latest version of G Suite Enterprise.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We use Zoom most of the time for official meetings, and we use Google Meet only for internal meetings. I would like to get an improvised Google Meet. It would be good if they can make Google Meet more clear in communication and more scalable like Zoom.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

Being a cloud solution, it is very scalable. We have around 1,000 or 1,200 users.

There is very little requirement for technical support because the solution is scalable and flexible. We don't really require any offline support from them except when there is a downtime.

We were using our in-house exchange server for emails and document management. As we were growing, we needed a cloud-based solution.

It is a cloud-based solution, so there is no on-premises installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend G Suite for everybody. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a ten out of ten.

HimanshuTejwani
System Administrator and DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A low cost, stable productivity tool for startups

• "The user interface is fantastic. It's also available for the individual person, so that's also a great thing about it."
  • "I found that there is no desktop application for this solution, and that's a major fault of this application."

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite Enterprise as a productivity tool. It's used to make spreadsheets, and we use Google Docs for text editing.

What is most valuable?

It's a cloud-based solution. As it's a Google service, it integrates well with Google. So that is a benefit of using this application.

The user interface is fantastic. It's also available for the individual person, so that's also a great thing about it.

It is a stable solution as well. It's low in cost and is a good solution for startups.

What needs improvement?

I found that there is no desktop application for this solution, and that's a major fault of this application. I think it would be good if Google can enhance the desktop application for it.

Also, it's a little bit slow because it's a web application and not a desktop application. The performance is not that great as compared to Office 365.

I have used it for three years.

It's a pretty stable product, and I haven't encountered any issues apart from the slight slowness of the product.

We have around 150 users, which is the total strength of the organization.

I have an annual license cost.

What other advice do I have?

G Suite Enterprise is a good option for startups. It's low in cost as compared to Office 365, and there is no difference. They are almost equal to each other if we keep performance aside, and it's a stable product. So, I recommend this product for startups and would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

AM
Assistant vice president at JAIN IRRIGATION SYSTEMS LTD
Comprehensive documentation, easy to use, but email traceability could improve

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite Enterprise mainly for communication in the form of emails and chat but it has multiple usages.

What is most valuable?

G Suite Enterprise is user-friendly, and the technical toolkits and other information are on the website. Additionally, the technical documents are comprehensive.

What needs improvement?

We noticed that sometimes when we forward emails to somebody, it is being relocated as part of the communication somewhere else. The traceability and other features should be improved.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately four years.

G Suite Enterprise has been highly stable.

What do I think about the scalability

What needs improvement?

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately four years.

G Suite Enterprise has been highly stable.

The scalability of G Suite Enterprise is very good and it is one of the distinguishing features is separates your product from competitors.

We have approximately 500 users using this solution in my organization.

We might increase usage of this solution but we will have to wait and see what happens with the COVID phenomenon to subside, we hope for normalcy.

We have found the technical support to be average. The technical team from Google is available on the web

We have used many other solutions previously, such as Microsoft.

The initial setup of G Suite Enterprise was straightforward.

In our organization, the implementation took four days and on the fifth day, we were able to roll it out.

We used a consultant from Google to help us with the implementation. We had a good experience with them.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise a seven out of ten.

SS
Managing Director at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A scalable and stable collaborative solution with an easy setup

• "The solution helps us to collaborate."
  • "It would be nice to have additional software, such as Microsoft Teams, since our basic edition, Google Meet, cannot record video."

What is our primary use case?

We do not make use of the software Enterprise, but only of the basic edition, such as Gmail and Google Docs.

What is most valuable?

The solution helps us to collaborate. We can work and share files with our team. We also use Google Meet.

What needs improvement?

The permission and control should be addressed. It would also be nice to have additional software, such as Microsoft Teams, since our basic edition, Google Meet, cannot record video.

It would be great if we could develop our own application by our site.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for around two or three years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have rarely had occasion to make use of technical support, although we have had to do so for other Google products, such as Google app, in which case we found it to be quite good. Mainly, we handle the support on our own.

The initial setup was simple.

We were capable of implementing on our own.

The solution requires of use some maintenance.

We just use the solution along with another software.

What other advice do I have?

There are around 200 users making use of the solution in our organization. We provide commentary and sell the solution to our clients.

I rate G Suite Enterprises as an eight out of ten.

Google
CS
Head Of Technology - Toca Social at a media company with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, easy to administer, and stable, but can have a better graphical user interface

• "It is a stable platform. It is very easy to use, and most importantly, it is very easy to administer. It also gets up and running quite easily."
  • "They can maybe improve its graphical user interface. Google is not really known for having a PC interface. It is just a nice-to-have feature."

What is our primary use case?

It is mostly used for email and account management. Our infrastructure is linked to Google. We have our own domain, but the mail is Google-based. We don't have a rigid infrastructure with domain servers and things like that. Each individual computer is linked to the main account of the user for Google validation processes. We also use cloud storage for Google Drive and file sharing across the company.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable platform. It is very easy to use, and most importantly, it is very easy to administer. It also gets up and running quite easily.

What needs improvement?

They can maybe improve its graphical user interface. Google is not really known for having a PC interface. It is just a nice-to-have feature.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is most definitely scalable. We have around 200 users.

We haven't had much interaction with them. We're using just the basic functionality of it. We have internal people who are able to handle this. They are quite experienced, so we didn't need any support.

We've been using G Suite since our company's inception.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is quite a good product. Our requirements are very basic, and it fully satisfies our requirements. We plan to keep using it for the time being.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a seven out of ten.

KB
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
High performance, easy to use, and great collaboration functions

• "The valuable features of this solution are ease of use, performance is great, and collaboration. It is very easy to share and joins documents."
  • "In some cases, we are using the Google Meet functions but only when we have external clients. Internally, we are using Slack. Google Meet virtual meeting function is not as advanced as the one in Slack and should improve."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for internal office collaboration, for example, shared documents and storage. We are also using Jira, and this is what supports our internal processes development, and support processes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In some cases, we are using the Google Meet functions but only when we have external clients. Internally, we are using Slack. Google Meet virtual meeting function is not as advanced as the one in Slack and should improve.

There could be better integration between other platforms.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The solution is stable.

We have found that G Suite Enterprise has good scalability. We have 15 users using this solution in my organization.

We pay a monthly subscription for the use of this solution.

We evaluated the Microsoft package, but then we decided on this solution. We found it suited us better and the collaboration was easier.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate G Suite Enterprise an eight out of ten.