G Suite Enterprise Overview

G Suite Enterprise is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Email Applications. It is most often compared to Amazon WorkMail: G Suite Enterprise vs Amazon WorkMail

What is G Suite Enterprise?

Google Apps for Business is a cloud-based productivity suite which connects team members, allowing all users to work no matter where they are, using any device. Setup of Google Apps for Business is straightforward, and is simple to use and manage.

A big benefit of Google Apps for Business is that all products can be accessed using one Google log-in for each user, so only a single account set-up per user is required.

G Suite Enterprise is also known as G-Suite Enterprise, G-Suite, Google Apps for Business, G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G-Suite Basic, G-Suite Business, Google Vault.

G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

G Suite Enterprise Customers

There are over five million businesses that use Google Apps for Business worldwide. Some key customers include The Roche Group, National Geographic, American Red Cross, City of Los Angeles, Flight Centre, and Konica Minolta.

G Suite Enterprise Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Ethan Thompson
User
Provides for real-time and secure collaboration with coworkers

What is our primary use case?

The main reason I use this platform is to share ideas with my coworkers in a safe way and in real time. G Suite is a platform that unifies what the office requires. Email, calculator, and calendar, among others. It is also easy to implement and its performance is excellent.

• "G Suite is a powerful suite of tools for messaging and collaboration that has met the fundamental needs of my company, both increasing productivity and reducing costs."
  • "Despite being an excellent platform, I would very much like Google Docs to be more compatible with Microsoft Word."

What other advice do I have?

I am completely satisfied with G Suite. It has a powerful set of messaging and collaboration tools comprising a range of applications. The components that I use most are its Slides presentation application, the Sheets spreadsheet editor, the Docs word processor, and the file storage platform, Drive.
reviewer1065939
User
Efficiently and securely manages enterprise data

What is our primary use case?

It's an amazing business solution to manage enterprise data efficiently and with ultimate privacy. All of the accounts can be easily managed by the administrator to detect malfunctions within the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of G Suite, every process within the business can be easily linked and communicated among the employees.

What is most valuable?

The security and privacy policies of G Suite make it efficient, and the organizational data is secure.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time to import the data from G Suite into another platform. Also, the overall price per user is too high.

More than five years.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sagar Tondlekar
IT Manager at KEF Holdings Limited
The speed and agility of the product are its primary features

• "The most valuable features are the speed at which G Suite Enterprise works."
  • "I have had issues with my Google Address Book. I have an address book and it is available to everyone, but I cannot add additional users. In Microsoft Outlook, I could easily share certain contacts with other members of my team, but I cannot do so on G Suite."
content writing manager at Self-employed
Awesome collaboration features, but the performance speed could be improved when the internet connection is slow

What is our primary use case?

Awesome collaboration features. Great group meetings, sharing, and using an integrated environment with office tools.

• "A complete integrated environment for our business. I get Google docs, Gmail, online space, and calendar where I can easily perform all documentation, storage, and communications online."
  • "Google Apps for Business and Skype for Business are the perfect solutions for every business thriving online. It is very easy and inexpensive to get work done with these applications online."
  • "The performance speed could be improved when the internet connection is slow."

What other advice do I have?

A great innovation from one of the best tech leaders in the industry.
Lovelli Fuad
Software Tester at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Google Apps for Business: Useful for When Your business is Already Running

What is our primary use case?

The use case is a small business in the process of developing a content strategy for a website. A common user that is me already has a Google account, searched online for Google Apps for Business, and then decided to take advantage of the variety of resources available for the G Suite.

What other advice do I have?

I think the on-boarding could be made more efficient, but that doesn't mean more time.
reviewer807813
Consultant at a tech services company
Users can work anywhere with an internet connection

What is our primary use case?

Email and suite of productivity tools for business users. It can be a good alternative to MS Office 365. A lots of add-ons available to add full CRM functionality and a variety of tools to help run your business.

• "There are several online forums and a lot of support materials online."
  • "Good performance, even on relatively slow connections; no local apps required."
  • "Users can work anywhere with an internet connection."
  • "Reduces IT spend, freeing up cash for other areas: sales, marketing, recruitment, etc."
  • "Some concerns over security, but there are moves to address this and provide admin tools to secure content and adhere to data protection regulations."

What other advice do I have?

G Suite can be an excellent solution for many organisations, but there are several factors to consider before implementing any cloud-based solutions. It is best to get expert advice before committing to any particular vendor's product suite. Whatever solution you decide on, make sure you invest in training to get the most from the products. There are no magic bullets, but well trained users will be your best business investment whatever applications you decide to use.
	 PunitThakkar
CEO at Shivaami Cloud Services Pvt. Ltd.
We can have Common Files shared among users​.

Valuable Features

Gmail Docs Hangout Calendar

Improvements to My Organization

Weekly meetings through Hangout across the branches Common Files shared among users

Room for Improvement

It needs better Enterprise controls.

Use of Solution

We've used it for seven years.

Mainly migration issues from IBM Notes.

There were no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues scaling it.

Customer Service: It's good. Technical Support: It's good.

It's very straightforward.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It's justifiable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price is attractive as India enjoys a special price.

Other Solutions

it_user363441
Deployment Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent for Small Business, flexible, powerful, value for money.
Pros: Work on any device, with same functionality and view. True real-time collaboration. Integrated domain. Perfect for Small Business. Excellent value for money. Deployment simple and straightforward. Support is good, plenty of good forums, KBs, how to videos also. Cons: Requires internet connection. Functionality little limited, compared to offline standard competitor apps, but this is getting better. I considered Office 365, including using trial, but it lacks the flexibility and still requires purchase of local licences. Not as scalable, due to need to change from base plan to whole different plan but without migration path. GApps is totally scalable and flexible.
Fredy Aliaga
Infrastructure Expert at Independent Consultant
It helps us to design and development our company intranet.

Valuable Features:

Standard and custom design pages Easy maintenance APIs Videos Other Google services

Improvements to My Organization:

It helps us to design and development our company intranet. It also allows us to manage technical activities and to develop e-learning applications.
Independent Consultant at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
​There is a decent amount of information online about administering Google Apps, but more would be helpful.

What other advice do I have?

If switching, practice with one unimportant mailbox first. If you’re starting afresh, just follow the instructions.
Lovelli Fuad
Software Tester at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
It does the job, and it looks nice on a smartphone.
Google Apps for Business is actually pretty useful. It opens doors to new possibilities and allows you to make immediate decisions related to the needs of your business apps. I have been using Google for a while, and only lately have I begun learning more on how to integrate what I already am working on with the features of Google Drive, Google Public Data Explorer and Google Analytics.  I used it with mobile in 2013 for a few months, and it was really quick to set up. I just had to spend about a month learning the new features and then decided that perhaps I would be better off starting out with the three other apps mentioned above.
it_user6219
CEO with 51-200 employees
Great for collaboration, but fairly frequent performance problems.

Valuable Features:

Great for collaboration. Google spreadsheets can pull data directly from a big data database, enabling sharing across an enterprise.

Room for Improvement:

Fairly frequent performance problems.
Technical Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Google apps for business provides a complete suite...
Google apps for business provides a complete suite of services for business email, messaging and collaboration. Kudos.
it_user4128
Director of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Widespread familiarity - most employees are familiar with...
it_user1281
Partner at a tech company with 51-200 employees
IMAP works very well -- Gmail service is dependable and inexpensive.

Valuable Features:

IMAP works very well from all environments. Service is dependable and inexpensive

Room for Improvement:

Gmail interface should be advertisement free. Web interface should also be enhanced to be more user-friendly.
it_user1206
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It's Gmail so you know it's good. And it's free for up to 10 users.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, gmail is the best form of email out there. I've noticed that most new employees either have their own personal gmail account and need almost no training, or become converts and quickly sign up for their own Gmail account shortly after using the service at work.
it_user999
VP of Development at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Gmail for Business is a better replacement of Exchange server and is highly affordable.

What other advice do I have?

We switched our company from an Intermedia Exchange server to Gmail for Business and I am extremely happy with the results. My team adopted it very quickly, as most of them have used Gmail for personal use. I would highly recommend it to all companies.