G Suite Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

G Suite Enterprise is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Email Applications. It is most often compared to Amazon WorkMail: G Suite Enterprise vs Amazon WorkMail

What is G Suite Enterprise?

Google Apps for Business is a cloud-based productivity suite which connects team members, allowing all users to work no matter where they are, using any device. Setup of Google Apps for Business is straightforward, and is simple to use and manage.

A big benefit of Google Apps for Business is that all products can be accessed using one Google log-in for each user, so only a single account set-up per user is required.

G Suite Enterprise is also known as G-Suite Enterprise, G-Suite, Google Apps for Business, G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G-Suite Basic, G-Suite Business, Google Vault.

G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

G Suite Enterprise Customers

There are over five million businesses that use Google Apps for Business worldwide. Some key customers include The Roche Group, National Geographic, American Red Cross, City of Los Angeles, Flight Centre, and Konica Minolta.

G Suite Enterprise Video

Archived G Suite Enterprise Reviews (more than two years old)

Fredy Aliaga
Infrastructure Expert at Independent Consultant
La creación de portales usando sites es muy bueno.
Hola lectores Mi última experiencia con G Suite fue crear una página web para ofrecer varios servicios tecnológicos utilizando una nueva versión de Google Sites. Las nuevas funciones para insertar páginas, carrusel de imágenes y carpetas de Drive Manager, realmente, para hacer sitios, son muy, muy cómodas. Y más, el diseño, colores, navegación, edición de texto, facilidad, seguridad y otras razones. Uno de nuestros servicios es sobre control y gestión de normas ISO; agrupado en páginas, donde puede leer y revisar algunos casos sobre ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 y 45001. Aquí, el enlace para acceder a nuestro portal, y revisar lo expuesto. www.soluclouderp.com

Hola lectores
Aquí, el enlace para acceder a nuestro portal, y revisar lo expuesto.

www.soluclouderp.com

Ethan Thompson
User
Provides for real-time and secure collaboration with coworkers

• "G Suite is a powerful suite of tools for messaging and collaboration that has met the fundamental needs of my company, both increasing productivity and reducing costs."
  • "Despite being an excellent platform, I would very much like Google Docs to be more compatible with Microsoft Word."

What is our primary use case?

The main reason I use this platform is to share ideas with my coworkers in a safe way and in real time. G Suite is a platform that unifies what the office requires. Email, calculator, and calendar, among others. It is also easy to implement and its performance is excellent.

How has it helped my organization?

Our experience with this product has been excellent. G Suite is a powerful suite of tools for messaging and collaboration that has met the fundamental needs of my company, both increasing productivity and reducing costs.

What is most valuable?

All the G Suite tools are in the highly secure and highly available Google infrastructure, and no hardware or software is required. The platform requires only minimal administration. In addition, G Suite applications are simple, and you can download browser add-ons for most tasks that are not compatible internally with Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.

Three years approximately.

Technical support for this solution is excellent.

What other advice do I have?

I am completely satisfied with G Suite. It has a powerful set of messaging and collaboration tools comprising a range of applications. The components that I use most are its Slides presentation application, the Sheets spreadsheet editor, the Docs word processor, and the file storage platform, Drive.

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1065939
User
Efficiently and securely manages enterprise data

What is our primary use case?

It's an amazing business solution to manage enterprise data efficiently and with ultimate privacy. All of the accounts can be easily managed by the administrator to detect malfunctions within the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of G Suite, every process within the business can be easily linked and communicated among the employees.

What is most valuable?

The security and privacy policies of G Suite make it efficient, and the organizational data is secure.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time to import the data from G Suite into another platform. Also, the overall price per user is too high.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time to import the data from G Suite into another platform.
Also, the overall price per user is too high.

More than five years.

I did not use a different solution before this.

The price per client within the business is too high.

Sagar Tondlekar
IT Manager at KEF Holdings Limited
The speed and agility of the product are its primary features

• "The most valuable features are the speed at which G Suite Enterprise works."
  • "I have had issues with my Google Address Book. I have an address book and it is available to everyone, but I cannot add additional users. In Microsoft Outlook, I could easily share certain contacts with other members of my team, but I cannot do so on G Suite."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the speed at which G Suite Enterprise works. I also like the archiving features which is also much faster than in other solutions on the market. In addition, Google Maps has been a valuable asset to share within my department, users in my organization, or in my user groups. All of the above features are easy to use and entirely secure.

What needs improvement?

I have had issues with my Google Address Book. I have an address book and it is available to everyone but I cannot add additional users. In Microsoft Outlook, I could easily share certain contacts with other members of my team but I cannot do so on G Suite. Also, 90% of the world is still using MS Outlook, so more users need to convert to the G Suite side.

It is stable but we have had issues receiving emails from people who use Outlook. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it does not receive all the mail so we will have an incident where users have seen the mail via the browser in their inbox, but when they go into Outlook, it disappears. This has caused some concern for people in my organization. Some employees have lost important emails due to this problem. We opened tickets with Google but they said it is a problem with the fact that an Outlook platform was used. I have a feeling that it is not just my organization that is experiencing this issue.

I find the scalability is really normal. All one has to do is to notify the other partner or integrator if they want to increase the amount of users, and it is complete within a few hours. It is easy and simple.

We have not really used tech support directly. We have a partner that helps us with tech issues.

We previously used Microsoft Exchange and N-Notes.

It was very easy to implement. It took maybe two or three days to deploy.

The pricing is a bit on the higher side than normal. For a basic Google account it costs $100, but Enterprise is $150. Compared to other solutions on the same level, the pricing seems a bit high.

content writing manager at Self-employed
Awesome collaboration features, but the performance speed could be improved when the internet connection is slow

• "A complete integrated environment for our business. I get Google docs, Gmail, online space, and calendar where I can easily perform all documentation, storage, and communications online."
  • "Google Apps for Business and Skype for Business are the perfect solutions for every business thriving online. It is very easy and inexpensive to get work done with these applications online."
  • "The performance speed could be improved when the internet connection is slow."

What is our primary use case?

Awesome collaboration features. Great group meetings, sharing, and using an integrated environment with office tools.

How has it helped my organization?

All-in-one package for our business needs. A complete integrated environment for our business. I get Google docs, Gmail, online space, and calendar where I can easily perform all documentation, storage, and communications online.

What is most valuable?

Google Apps for Business and Skype for Business are the perfect solutions for every business thriving online. It is very easy and inexpensive to get work done with these applications online.

What needs improvement?

I need more integration features in both Google Apps for Business and Skype for Business. There are certain office productivity features which need to be integrated in them. Also, if possible, some more useful features could be added, and the performance speed could be improved when the internet connection is slow.

Less than one year.

We receive value for the price that we pay.

What other advice do I have?

A great innovation from one of the best tech leaders in the industry.

Lovelli Fuad
Software Tester at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Google Apps for Business: Useful for When Your business is Already Running

What is our primary use case?

The use case is a small business in the process of developing a content strategy for a website. A common user that is me already has a Google account, searched online for Google Apps for Business, and then decided to take advantage of the variety of resources available for the G Suite.

How has it helped my organization?

I have no nonprofit organization, so it has not improved anything. However, the extra space in Drive is a potential improvement in user experience because most of the people in our organization are using either a Dropbox or Drive space.

What is most valuable?

Since my goal was to extend my analysis, I found the additional Drive and Gmail storage to be very valuable. Next is the interroperability with Microsoft Outlook, which is a feature also used with Hotmail. I figured the 24/7 phone and email support was a must, too for a new business/startup.

What needs improvement?

The Outlook integration or plug-in for current outlook clients is a huge area for improvement. Calendar, contact, all that can be synched needs to be managed too.

Less than one year.

No, not really. But it was rather extra work to configure the IMAP or POP on a smartphone.

Customer Service: I would say that the customer service responded. There was a really fast email response and there were links to educational materials in relation to deployment. Technical Support: Prompt and fixed.

No, I did not use a different solution.

The initial setup is complex. It involved browsing, knowledge of IMAP and POP, and the two-step verification was in place, and then I had to consult with the smartphone provider before I access the Google Apps for Business.

I did not implement through a vendor team.

I wanted to see if it would help make better use of my Google+ pages for business. I wanted everything to appear seamlessly, and effortlessly painless.

The average day-to-day cost is a little bit extra storage capacity for the browsing on my smartphone, which I normally don't use for the specific tasks.

I looked at cloud.google.com, and then I also took another look at blog hosting that provides email and website hosting.

What other advice do I have?

I think the on-boarding could be made more efficient, but that doesn't mean more time.

Consultant at a tech services company
Users can work anywhere with an internet connection

• "There are several online forums and a lot of support materials online."
  • "Good performance, even on relatively slow connections; no local apps required."
  • "Users can work anywhere with an internet connection."
  • "Reduces IT spend, freeing up cash for other areas: sales, marketing, recruitment, etc."
  • "Some concerns over security, but there are moves to address this and provide admin tools to secure content and adhere to data protection regulations."

What is our primary use case?

Email and suite of productivity tools for business users. It can be a good alternative to MS Office 365. A lots of add-ons available to add full CRM functionality and a variety of tools to help run your business.

How has it helped my organization?

• Fast to set up and easy to use for most users.
  • Mail and drive work well on mobile.
  • Good performance, even on relatively slow connections; no local apps required.
  • Users can work anywhere with an internet connection.
  • Reduces IT spend, freeing up cash for other areas: sales, marketing, recruitment, etc.

What is most valuable?

• Great mail client with fast search and a lot of storage.
  • Drive storage makes it easy to share documents and collaborate with co-workers and others outside the organisation.
  • Google forms are great for questionnaires and surveys.
  • Good integration with Android devices.

More than five years.

G Suite is generally rock solid, but there are inherent risks with any cloud solutions. Internal hardware, networks, and communications are more likely to be points of failure than Google's own infrastructure.

G Suite is mostly used by SMEs, but with Google's infrastructure and new enterprise features, there is no reason why G Suite could not be adopted by the largest companies.

There are several online forums and a lot of support materials online. G Suite administrators on paid-for subscriptions get access to support by telephone, email, or chat.

There can be some complication if migrating from other providers. A lot of online training materials are available and there are many independent vendors and consultancies that can help with it.

Our in-house team is experienced in installing and configuring G Suite in a variety of scenarios. There are many reputable vendors who can provide setup, migration, training, and/or support depending on your requirements.

There are several areas where a G Suite implementation can reduce costs: lower license fees than some competing products, reduced hardware, and IT support costs.

There are also other benefits that can provide a competitive advantage, e.g., improved productivity (with appropriate training), increased collaboration (with correct use of tools), flexible working - work from home or remote locations, easy to scale - fast onboarding of new employees, and ability to add and remove licenses, as required.

G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 offer products with similar functionality at several different price points. Zoho offer a more extensive range of products and attempts to provide all the applications required to run most small and medium-sized businesses.

Careful consideration should be given to the different licensing options and provisions should be made for additional applications that may be required for your particular business. As with all cloud solutions, bandwidth is key and budget should include a provision of sufficient bandwidth to support the required number of users. Traffic management tools may be required for larger setups and should be included in any pricing calculations.

G Suite competes with Microsoft Office 365 and the Zoho suite of applications, which provides solutions for virtually all business activities including Sales, Marketing, HR/Recruiting, Accounts, Project Management, Customer Support, and more. Each has its own strengths and can be great solutions for different types and sizes of businesses.

What other advice do I have?

G Suite can be an excellent solution for many organisations, but there are several factors to consider before implementing any cloud-based solutions. It is best to get expert advice before committing to any particular vendor's product suite. Whatever solution you decide on, make sure you invest in training to get the most from the products. There are no magic bullets, but well trained users will be your best business investment whatever applications you decide to use.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We provide cloud solutions including G Suite, Microsoft Office, and Zoho One.
	 PunitThakkar
CEO at Shivaami Cloud Services Pvt. Ltd.
We can have Common Files shared among users​.

Valuable Features

Gmail Docs Hangout Calendar

Improvements to My Organization

Weekly meetings through Hangout across the branches Common Files shared among users

Room for Improvement

It needs better Enterprise controls.

Use of Solution

We've used it for seven years.

Mainly migration issues from IBM Notes.

There were no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues scaling it.

Customer Service: It's good. Technical Support: It's good.

It's very straightforward.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It's justifiable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price is attractive as India enjoys a special price.

Other Solutions

Valuable Features

• Gmail
  • Docs
  • Hangout
  • Calendar

Improvements to My Organization

• Weekly meetings through Hangout across the branches
  • Common Files shared among users

Room for Improvement

It needs better Enterprise controls.

Use of Solution

We've used it for seven years.

Mainly migration issues from IBM Notes.

There were no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues scaling it.

It's good.

It's good.

It's very straightforward.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It's justifiable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price is attractive as India enjoys a special price.

Other Solutions Considered

There were no other options looked at.

Other Advice

Go for it and use it effectively. Do take change management from Google.

it_user363441
Deployment Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent for Small Business, flexible, powerful, value for money.
Pros: Work on any device, with same functionality and view. True real-time collaboration. Integrated domain. Perfect for Small Business. Excellent value for money. Deployment simple and straightforward. Support is good, plenty of good forums, KBs, how to videos also. Cons: Requires internet connection. Functionality little limited, compared to offline standard competitor apps, but this is getting better. I considered Office 365, including using trial, but it lacks the flexibility and still requires purchase of local licences. Not as scalable, due to need to change from base plan to whole different plan but without migration path. GApps is totally scalable and flexible.

Pros:

Cons:

Fredy Aliaga
Infrastructure Expert at Independent Consultant
It helps us to design and development our company intranet.

Valuable Features:

Standard and custom design pages Easy maintenance APIs Videos Other Google services

Improvements to My Organization:

It helps us to design and development our company intranet. It also allows us to manage technical activities and to develop e-learning applications.

Valuable Features:

• Standard and custom design pages
  • Easy maintenance
  • APIs
  • Videos
  • Other Google services

Improvements to My Organization:

It helps us to design and development our company intranet.

Independent Consultant at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
​There is a decent amount of information online about administering Google Apps, but more would be helpful.

What is most valuable?

• Very easy to administer
  • Most users find it easy to use
  • It's free for many non profit organizations

How has it helped my organization?

It was much easier and cheaper for us than most email solutions as we didn’t have to worry about anything except setting up users.

What needs improvement?

People who are used to Outlook hate it but I’m not really sure what should be improved, as that is feedback that I got. I would love to see threading handled in a more “classic” inbox way. As far as I know, that’s everyone's biggest complaint about Gmail, and in most respects, Google Apps for Education email is just like Gmail.

I've used it for over two years.

No issues encountered.

It was extremely reliable.

No issues encountered.

It's non-existent.

Google Apps was the only email solution we used.

It was very simple.

We implemented it in-house.

If we hadn’t had this product, we wouldn’t have had email. I’m sure someone has figured out that email in a business actually has negative ROI, but we’re all going to keep using it anyway.

It was almost zero as we paid nothing for the licenses, and the setup cost was only a few hours of our time.

No we didn't as we were looking for a free and lightweight option, and Google Apps satisfied both.

What other advice do I have?

If switching, practice with one unimportant mailbox first. If you’re starting afresh, just follow the instructions.

Lovelli Fuad
Software Tester at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
It does the job, and it looks nice on a smartphone.
Google Apps for Business is actually pretty useful. It opens doors to new possibilities and allows you to make immediate decisions related to the needs of your business apps. I have been using Google for a while, and only lately have I begun learning more on how to integrate what I already am working on with the features of Google Drive, Google Public Data Explorer and Google Analytics.  I used it with mobile in 2013 for a few months, and it was really quick to set up. I just had to spend about a month learning the new features and then decided that perhaps I would be better off starting out with the three other apps mentioned above.

it_user6219
CEO with 51-200 employees
Great for collaboration, but fairly frequent performance problems.

Valuable Features:

Great for collaboration. Google spreadsheets can pull data directly from a big data database, enabling sharing across an enterprise.

Room for Improvement:

Fairly frequent performance problems.

Valuable Features:

Room for Improvement:

Fairly frequent performance problems.
Technical Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Google apps for business provides a complete suite...
Google apps for business provides a complete suite of services for business email, messaging and collaboration. Kudos.

it_user4128
Director of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Widespread familiarity - most employees are familiar with...

Valuable Features:

Widespread familiarity - most employees are familiar with the gmail interface and have used drive in some capacity. Drive facilitates great document collaboration and has revision and version tracking built in. Google Groups is a distribution list on steroids - allowing a converstaion history to be saved within the group and not just individual mailboxes so new teammates can have historical conversation context.

Room for Improvement:

Integration with traditional e-mail clients (outlook) is not there. Huge learning curve and wasted time trying to make calendar sync seamless for end users. Google chat is nice for a quick IM, but not nearly as robust as a Lync or Skype (and thus many people use personal Skype accounts for business conversations, calls and screen shares).
it_user1281
Partner at a tech company with 51-200 employees
IMAP works very well -- Gmail service is dependable and inexpensive.

Valuable Features:

IMAP works very well from all environments. Service is dependable and inexpensive

Room for Improvement:

Gmail interface should be advertisement free. Web interface should also be enhanced to be more user-friendly.

it_user1206
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It's Gmail so you know it's good. And it's free for up to 10 users.

Valuable Features:

The ease of using Gmail for business was the main reason we switched to the service from other web based email. Training a new employee on gmail is unquestionably easier than training someone on many traditional email services. The service is free for small businesses with under 10 people and very economical for every tier above that, that I've researched. There are also discounts for education, & non-profit organizations. Many other services, beyond just Gmail, come with various packages. Basic membership comes with the Calendar and Drive. You have access to video chat, while some other services charge $5/user per month.

Room for Improvement:

Because it's all run by a single source, all of your services will be affected by google server outages. I have had more than a few outages here-or-there, which certainly affected my productivity, but these were resolved within an hour. The free service comes with 25GB of storage, which is a lot for some, but certainly designers who E-mail large files might use up the space quickly.

Other Advice:

Overall, gmail is the best form of email out there. I've noticed that most new employees either have their own personal gmail account and need almost no training, or become converts and quickly sign up for their own Gmail account shortly after using the service at work.
it_user999
VP of Development at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Gmail for Business is a better replacement of Exchange server and is highly affordable.

Valuable Features:

- Gmail for business is extremely scalable and affordable. - The 'Groups' option works beautifully for having one email that is delivered to multiple users. - Integrates very easily into Outlook and mobile devices and having access to anytime, you have internet via their online option which is convenient.

Room for Improvement:

- I sometimes am logged out randomly from my account and it's a pain to have to log in again. - I've had some issues with email messages loading too slowly, but it is typically resolved after a refresh.

Other Advice:

We switched our company from an Intermedia Exchange server to Gmail for Business and I am extremely happy with the results. My team adopted it very quickly, as most of them have used Gmail for personal use. I would highly recommend it to all companies.