Google Analytics Overview

Google Analytics is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Web Analytics tools. It is most often compared to Matomo: Google Analytics vs Matomo

What is Google Analytics?
Enterprise-class web analytics. Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back. Delivered on Google's world-class platform.
Google Analytics Customers
Air Show Buzz, AlfaStrakhovanie, Amari, Global Tech LED, Klarna, La Tienda, Nissan Motor Company, Rasmussen College, Shoes of Prey, Twiddy
Google Analytics Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Founder and Chief Editor at Social Positives
It is packed with many of the same reports you'll find in high-Priced solutions, especially concerning data relating to real-Time visitor tracking

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Analytics to track my website visitors, especially their locations. It helps me learn user interest and behaviour, simply by tracking what is happening on my website.

How has it helped my organization?

Google Analytics is the world's most popular freemium web analytics service, used worldwide by thousands of companies including ours.

What is most valuable?

Even though it's free, Google Analytics is packed with many of the same reports you'll find in high-priced solutions, especially concerning data relating to real-time visitor tracking.

What needs improvement?

I would be happy if they improved their Android app.

More than five years.
Dj, Emprendedor y Community Manager en Eventos CAR-YAN at Consejo Federal de Gobierno
Provides solid data to analyze the impact of implemented policies

What is our primary use case?

This tool helps you know the number of people who have visited your website. If you are a freelancer and you have a page or blog, you need to know how many people have visited your page on a daily basis and Google Analytics will help you. In our case, we use it to know the number of people who have visited our page for food projects and it has provided us good results. Also, as a DJ, I have a place where I put musical pieces, and I can see how many people enter the page and listen to these pieces. It is great.

• "Our organization has improved because we have solid data that we can use to analyze the impact of our public policies."
  • "Sometimes, the statistics are not updated in real-time and it takes a little time. There are pages where it updates faster than others."
  • "If you do not use JavaScript, you will be invisible to Google Analytics. If you have the option of JavaScript disabled in your browsers, you will be invisible to the data, since the tool will not be able to register you."
SEO Consultant: Small Businesses & Corporations at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
As an SEO consultant, the most valuable features for me are the channel reporting, the AdWords module and the ability to download customized reports.

What other advice do I have?

Take as many classes as you can, and ask as many questions as you need. Once you get the hang of GA, you can really use it to your advantage.
SEM(SEO-Organic & PPC Advertising(Adwords)),WEBSITE ANALYST,E-mail Marketing. at QR Solutions
It will clearly give a deep insight about the user location. They should remove spam data.
Senior Search Advertising Executive at a media company with 51-200 employees
We're able to make our website better with its data and analytics about traffic, but the data accuracy needs improvement.

Valuable Features:

Data collection methodology Reporting Interface Integration with other Google products

Improvements to My Organization:

Provides us with useful data and analytics about website traffic, giving us information about how to make our web pages better.

Room for Improvement:

While it provides a lot of data, the data is not always accurate. So data accuracy could definitely be improved.
Marketing Analyst at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
It helps us with tracking website visitors and web-age analysis, but there is a time lag of 4 hours for the tracking to get updated in the system.

Valuable Features:

Integration with other tools from Google like, Google Adwords, Tagmanager, etc. A lot of templates for dashboards and other custom reports are available in different forums.This will help in better reporting and as well as better analysis.

Improvements to My Organization:

Tracking of the website visitors and web page analysis became an easy task.

Room for Improvement:

There is a time lag of 4 hours for the tracking to get updated in the system. Also, some sessions will not be tracked at all.
Director of Growth at IT Central Station
User
I use it to track the progress throughout every campaign.

Valuable Features:

Google Analytics is, of course, the starting point for any web analytics plan. I don't make any content driven decisions without first consulting GA. I use it extensively throughout every campaign to track progress.

Use of Solution:

5 years
Director of Marketing and Content at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
It provides us with custom reports and analytics that allow us to identify and measure our conversion efforts, but we had to create a custom script for archiving reports.
Digital Media Data Analyst at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
I use it daily for client-website tracking, but Google stripped out search rankings with “not provided.”

What other advice do I have?

Unless you get over 100,000 visitors a month, Google Analytics can meet the needs of 90% of websites.
Customer Communication Specialist at a media company with 51-200 employees
Dashboards allow us to get a big picture look at pageviews, countries visiting my site, and UTM tracking. It would be nice, though, if it could provide all the statistics in the free version.
Web Administrator at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Data capture of the acquisition of users needs to be improved, but we have been able to increase our revenue due to the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you know how you want Analytics to help you. Understand what you need it for and take time to study the Dashboard.
Director of Product Marketing at a cloud provider with 51-200 employees
Great integration with AdWords. We've evaluated additional products to supplement our analytics for deeper dives.
CTO at a media company with 51-200 employees
Best value for analytic insight provided

What other advice do I have?

If you have a sophisticated data-mining operation, and are looking for that level of insight, GA is probably not right for your organization. But for the vast majority of analytics teams, there is more than enough meaningful insight in GA at a very reasonable price.