Google Cloud Identity Overview

Google Cloud Identity is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. It is most often compared to Okta Workforce Identity: Google Cloud Identity vs Okta Workforce Identity

What is Google Cloud Identity?

Cloud Identity is an Identity as a Service (IDaaS) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) product. It offers the identity services and endpoint administration that are available in G Suite as a stand-alone product. As an administrator, you can use Cloud Identity to manage your users, apps, and devices from a central location - the Google Admin console.

Google Cloud Identity is also known as Cloud Identity, Cloud Identity Premium.

Google Cloud Identity Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Cloud Identity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Google Cloud Identity Customers

ExtraHop Networks, HealthChannels

Google Cloud Identity Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Identity pricing:
  • "Licensing fees are on a yearly basis."
  • "The product is billed on a monthly basis depending on the number of users."
  • "The fees are paid monthly and there are no additional costs other than the licensing fees."
  • "We probably spend about $50,000 a year on licensing."

Google Cloud Identity Reviews

AMITKUMAR3
Lead Training at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 31, 2019
Offers fine-grained access control and good visibility of cloud resources

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution architect and this is one of the products that I work with. It is used for access control, where our customers want fine-grained access control of cloud resources. It gives you total visibility for managing cloud-based resources.

• "The Cloud Identity is well advanced in terms of features, applications, and the components that it is offering."
  • "The interface could be improved by simplifying it further."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on customer requirements. You have to consider the features that they will need. My feeling is that eventually, Google will come up with more applications and be more competitive in the future. This is a good product for small, medium, or enterprise-sized customers who want to go forward with a cost-effective solution. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1251801
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Jan 14, 2020
Good authentication features and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for authenticating users on our system and our clients' systems. Not only Google, but also to integrate Google Cloud Identity with other systems such as MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions, and endpoints — like computers.

• "Although we have not looked at the whole product and explored it completely, we find that all the authentication features that we are using now are valuable."
  • "To improve the product, the integration with third-party products could always be smoother."

What other advice do I have?

It is as good as anything else in the product category. It works just like other products that do the same, like Oracle (Identity Cloud Service) or Microsoft Azure or Okta. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as maybe about an eight.
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Cisco and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IVAN NOVIKOV
CEO at Wallarm
Mar 15, 2020
Stable solution that manages users centrally, but needs integration with different systems

What is our primary use case?

This is a very specific solution. The primary use case of this solution is to manage users. It's only used in one way unless there is an alteration to it.

• "The most valuable feature is that you can manage users from one central location."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see integration with different systems, mainly wireless SIEMS and other analytical systems that we want to introduce."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to understand in detail what exactly you need from this solution because every case could be different. Even if the main use case is the same, your current requirements could be different, specifically the security requirements. If you want to achieve more from the GDPR then you have to choose a provider in Europe. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
DanielShane
Lead End User Computing Engineer at Pearson plc
Nov 24, 2019
Good manageability and easy to scale but needs more automation

• "The main control page and the ability to manage all our users from a web-based portal are the most valuable aspects of the solution. That's particularly useful because we're a heterogeneous network."
  • "The solution needs to better integrate with Mac's OS."

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the solution for five years. I'd suggest others to use it but caution them that it does take a while. However, it's worth it if they just bear with it. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
reviewer1255440
Pre-Sales Engineering Manager - Cloud Computing at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Feb 14, 2020
Good performance, easy to deploy and manage, but the pricing needs to be reduced

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and Google Cloud Identity is part of a project that we are implementing for one of our clients. It is used for access management.

• "The most valuable feature is the performance."
  • "The pricing for this solution is a little bit higher than AWS and others, which is something that should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

We have been recommending Google Cloud Identity to our customers, but they are comparing prices with solutions such as those by Amazon and Microsoft. The prices for those solutions are lower. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
reviewer1389003
Cloud Solution Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 28, 2020
Offers a lot of features like login, vaulted passwords and secure LDAP

• "I think the first thing that is great is that it gives you a lot of features, like login, and then vaulted passwords and secure LDAP. It becomes easier for the end customer to leverage all those features without going to a higher SKU of G Suite."
  • "They are going ahead and adding a few more things to the Google Cloud premium edition. Their stock management and remote computer management can be improved."