Google Cloud Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Identity is #4 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers and #8 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. IT Central Station users give Google Cloud Identity an average rating of 8 out of 10. Google Cloud Identity is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune:Google Cloud Identity vs Microsoft Intune. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Google Cloud Identity?

Cloud Identity is an Identity as a Service (IDaaS) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) product. It offers the identity services and endpoint administration that are available in G Suite as a stand-alone product. As an administrator, you can use Cloud Identity to manage your users, apps, and devices from a central location - the Google Admin console.

Google Cloud Identity is also known as Cloud Identity, Cloud Identity Premium.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Google Cloud Identity Customers

ExtraHop Networks, HealthChannels

Google Cloud Identity Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Identity pricing:
  • "Licensing fees are on a yearly basis."
  • "The product is billed on a monthly basis depending on the number of users."
  • "The fees are paid monthly and there are no additional costs other than the licensing fees."

Google Cloud Identity Reviews

AMITKUMAR3
Lead Training at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Offers fine-grained access control and good visibility of cloud resources

• "The Cloud Identity is well advanced in terms of features, applications, and the components that it is offering."
  • "The interface could be improved by simplifying it further."

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution architect and this is one of the products that I work with.

It is used for access control, where our customers want fine-grained access control of cloud resources. It gives you total visibility for managing cloud-based resources.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features that I have used are the unified identity access application and endpoint management.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is something that can be improved. Right now, Microsoft is doing very well in the cloud and Google has to be more competitive. Customers are always interested in the price.

The interface could be improved by simplifying it further. It is better than the Microsoft nested interface, but not as easy to use as Oracle.

It may be helpful to have a feature that can back up and export all of the roles, groups, and permissions so that it can be saved elsewhere and re-imported later. I don't think that it is required for a cloud-based solution, but it may be helpful for some customers or administrators.

Easing the migration from another cloud provider, such as Microsoft, would be helpful for some customers. There should be a complete suite that is offered so that migration can be done easily.

I have been using Google Cloud Identity for close to one year.

I have heard nothing from my customers with respect to stability. It seems that since it was implemented, everything has been working well.

There are close to 10,000 users for this solution.

Technical support from Google is good. I received a very quick and good response.

If I compare it to the Microsoft technical support, Google is far better.

Prior to this solution, our customer was using a Microsoft solution that was on-premises. They had control of their groups, Microsoft IDs, and Windows IDs.

The Cloud Identity is well advanced in terms of features, applications, and the components that it is offering. Some of the distributions were impossible using an on-premises solution, mainly because of the integration of third-party applications. Simply, there are fewer options when using an on-premises deployment. This is why our customer decided to switch.

I would not say that the setup was simple or complex. Rather, it was of medium complexity. It is, however, far better when compared to the other cloud providers.

The configuration involves setting up the roles and figuring out which roles to assign to which users. It is not difficult and very quick.

I implement this solution for my customers. I referred to a handbook that I found on the Google support site, and it was very helpful. I also received help from Google support.

Licensing fees are on a yearly basis.

Our customer has two or three cloud providers and they compared pricing and features.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on customer requirements. You have to consider the features that they will need. My feeling is that eventually, Google will come up with more applications and be more competitive in the future.

This is a good product for small, medium, or enterprise-sized customers who want to go forward with a cost-effective solution.

RG
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Good authentication features and good stability

• "Although we have not looked at the whole product and explored it completely, we find that all the authentication features that we are using now are valuable."
  • "To improve the product, the integration with third-party products could always be smoother."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for authenticating users on our system and our clients' systems. Not only Google, but also to integrate Google Cloud Identity with other systems such as MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions, and endpoints — like computers.

What is most valuable?

Mainly we find that all the authentication features that we are using now are the most valuable. We have not looked at the whole product and explored it completely as this was primarily what we wanted it for. Maybe in another year of use and discovery, I will have different opinions.

What needs improvement?

To improve the product, the integration with third-party products could always be smoother. I cannot pinpoint a specific new feature that we will need in the future as the product is serving our purposes. But if we talk about integration with third parties, then there is always room for improvement and making things easier from an implementation standpoint.

We started off last autumn as a Google partner. So, we have been using it since last year.

The stability of the product is good. We have had no issues.

The scalability is good. Our company has only a small number of users. We really deployed it and use it to be able to learn it and implement it for other customers as well. So in our environment where we actually build and do customer testing, there are maybe a maximum of ten accounts that we actually use. We may plan to increase usage in the future.

We have not had a reason to get in touch with technical support, so our experience to this point has been good.

There are a lot of different products like this that we have used, but the one that we can directly compare with is Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium, which we also use quite a lot. We have not actually switched. We are still using Microsoft as well. Before we started using Google Cloud Identity we mainly just used Microsoft Azure.

The initial setup is really okay. We do these third-party system integrations a lot with this and other products, so I think it is no harder than with any other systems to do. For the deployment of Google Cloud Identity to all departments, it took maybe half-an-hour.

We did the implementation by ourselves within the company without the help of an integrator or consultant. It took five people for the deployment. Their roles are system architects and engineers. Maintenance requires just a couple of people.

The product is billed on a monthly basis. I think it can be free for a certain number of users when you have the G Suite. At some point, it starts to cost something per user, but I'm not sure of the exact pricing at this time.

What other advice do I have?

It is as good as anything else in the product category. It works just like other products that do the same, like Oracle (Identity Cloud Service) or Microsoft Azure or Okta.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as maybe about an eight.

Google
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IVAN NOVIKOV
CEO at Wallarm
Stable solution that manages users centrally, but needs integration with different systems

• "The most valuable feature is that you can manage users from one central location."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see integration with different systems, mainly wireless SIEMS and other analytical systems that we want to introduce."

What is our primary use case?

This is a very specific solution. The primary use case of this solution is to manage users. It's only used in one way unless there is an alteration to it.

What is most valuable?

Everything is relatively good and overall, the product itself is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if they dealt with Unity Accounting, which would allow companies to pay in different ways.

I have been using this solution for four years.

This solution is very stable, it's good.

It's a cloud solution. It's scalable.

We have approximately five IT users, some administrators in addition to other users who are connected and just using the space.

We are using this solution daily, but don't plan to increase the usage as it's enough for us as it is.

We have not contacted technical support.

We did not use another solution previously. We just started to use Google because I think that Google is great.

The initial setup is straightforward and simple.

It took less than a month to deploy and only requires one person to deploy and maintain.

We did not use a vendor, integrator or consultant. We implemented this solution ourselves.

Before we chose Google Cloud Identity, we evaluated Azure.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to understand in detail what exactly you need from this solution because every case could be different. Even if the main use case is the same, your current requirements could be different, specifically the security requirements. If you want to achieve more from the GDPR then you have to choose a provider in Europe.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RY
Pre-Sales Engineering Manager - Cloud Computing at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good performance, easy to deploy and manage, but the pricing needs to be reduced

• "The most valuable feature is the performance."
  • "The pricing for this solution is a little bit higher than AWS and others, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and Google Cloud Identity is part of a project that we are implementing for one of our clients. It is used for access management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance. This is the reason that we chose this solution.

This solution is easy to deploy and manage.

What needs improvement?

This solution has no backup storage included. Having a DR solution included would help to be more competitive with Microsoft.

I have been using Google Cloud Identity for the past two years.

This is a stable solution. Our client's solution has 24/7 availability.

It is easy to expand and add users. Our client has approximately 3,000 users.

We are satisfied with the technical support. When we implemented this solution for our client, the Google technical team supported us.

The initial setup is straightforward. We were able to deploy 25 VMs and we had it done within two hours.

Our client chose this solution because they are using Gmail and other Google products.

What other advice do I have?

We have been recommending Google Cloud Identity to our customers, but they are comparing prices with solutions such as those by Amazon and Microsoft. The prices for those solutions are lower.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

AK
Cloud Solution Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Offers a lot of features like login, vaulted passwords and secure LDAP

• "I think the first thing that is great is that it gives you a lot of features, like login, and then vaulted passwords and secure LDAP. It becomes easier for the end customer to leverage all those features without going to a higher SKU of G Suite."
  • "They are going ahead and adding a few more things to the Google Cloud premium edition. Their stock management and remote computer management can be improved."

What is most valuable?

We deal with clients who use G Suite and when you want to go for a higher SKU, and you don't have the budget, people generally opting for the Google Cloud Premium. I think the first thing that is great is that it gives you a lot of features, like login, and then vaulted passwords and secure LDAP. It becomes easier for the end customer to leverage all those features without going to a higher SKU of G Suite.

What needs improvement?

We have been using it for the past six to seven months.

Their technical support is great.

The initial setup is quite easy and simple. If you know the product well it won't take you a long time to deploy. We have done it for a few of our customers and we have got good results.

The pricing is also quite competitive. With the amount of features that it offers as a suite, like CIP, because it's a premium product, it offers good pricing with the kind of features it offers.

There are no additional costs to standard licensing.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

The management of the devices can be improved with more robust handling.

My recommendation of this solution would otally depend upon what the person wants. If Google Cloud Premium fits that, I would always recommend it.