Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Overview

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top ZTNA tools. It is most often compared to Zscaler Private Access: Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs Zscaler Private Access

What is Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy?

Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is also known as GCP Cloud IAP, Google Cloud Platform Cloud IAP, Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy pricing:
  • "I think that the cost is metered based on the data, but I don't have the details."
  • "Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us."

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Reviews

Snrasc456
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 18, 2020
Multi-source system centralized in one location for efficient data transformation

What is our primary use case?

Our financial system is on Oracle-based, SaaS, hosted on the Oracle cloud. From different XML sources, we had to bring in high volumes of transactions into the financial system. Before we put all of the data into the product and financial system, we need the data to go through some data messaging, and create some rules and derive some values. There are five or six million records every day. Google has some very good tools on its platform. They have an App Engine and cluster-based programming so that you are able to achieve high performance.

• "There is a lot of flexibility and a lot of control if you use this efficiently."
  • "The setup could be more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

This is an awesome product. This solution is pretty automated. When you come from an administrative standpoint, they come and just do some maintenance now and then. They're very few. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is that they have to be very careful. Though this has all of the capabilities, be very careful. Before they engage in the design, you have to understand the volume of transactions you are going to have. What are the turnaround times that you need and the performance considerations? Depending on that, you have to define the architecture of the solution. There…
Ade FajarPamungkas
Senior System Analyst at Evello System
May 12, 2020
Runs our server production and the hardware doesn't need maintenance

What is our primary use case?

We use it for software social media analytics. That software can call social media like Facebook, Instagram, and news online media. We call them and put them in the container. And then we analyze the data and display it on the dashboard. We use the GCP to run our server production.

• "We do not need to maintain the hardware."
  • "I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend GCP. We will focus to develop our system, our product, and it's a matter of whether or not the infrastructure can handle GCP. I would rate it an eight out of ten. In the next release, I would like to see a machine learning system.
reviewer1292874
Staff Technical Program Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
Oct 8, 2020
It is totally awesome in terms of scalability and comes with a lot of features

What is our primary use case?

I work in a retail company. We have a physical data center where we use IBM servers. We want to get rid of them because every time we have a peak season, we have to add the infrastructure and then remove it when it is not the peak time. This process of adding the servers, taking notes, and bringing them down requires a lot of operational effort. There is a lot of manual intervention for adding the resources and configuring the servers, which is a lot of work for the company. That's why we are migrating all our applications. Google Cloud will help us in getting the additional assistance just by… more »

• "It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has."
  • "We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that. They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an eight out of ten.
Sameer Shaikh
SaaS Development Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Mar 17, 2020
Stable with good ready-made services but lacks many features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to assist our clients. One of our clients, for example, wanted their web application to be integrated.

• "The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue."
  • "The initial setup was quite complex."

What other advice do I have?

We were a Google partner in the past, but we aren't anymore. I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it seven out of ten overall. If the solution offered more features, we would rank it higher.
reviewer1300293
Vice President at a retailer with 11-50 employees
Mar 18, 2020
Has the ability to set an accessibility feature using cloud identity

What is our primary use case?

It's a cloud-based solution, so it's always the latest version. We use it for identity management, monitor resources, and to monitor the cloud resources. The number of users are small, but the number of resources being managed is large. We plan to roll it out to about 30,000 people.

• "There is a certain accessibility feature that I can set using a cloud identity, which is really valuable to us."
  • "the documentation could be a bit better in terms of what is presented on the screen versus what actually happens."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy at an eight out of ten.