Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is #2 ranked solution in top ZTNA tools. IT Central Station users give Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an average rating of 8 out of 10. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is most commonly compared to Okta Workforce Identity:Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs Okta Workforce Identity. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy?

Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy was previously known as GCP Cloud IAP, Google Cloud Platform Cloud IAP, Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy pricing:
  • "I think that the cost is metered based on the data, but I don't have the details."
  • "Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us."
  • "I think the price of Google Cloud Platform is reasonable. However, Microsoft is the most cost-effective solution for us because of Azure's integration. And we already have licenses for Windows Server and the databases, so the price is attractive."

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Reviews

AN
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Multi-source system centralized in one location for efficient data transformation

• "There is a lot of flexibility and a lot of control if you use this efficiently."
  • "The setup could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our financial system is on Oracle-based, SaaS, hosted on the Oracle cloud. From different XML sources, we had to bring in high volumes of transactions into the financial system.

Before we put all of the data into the product and financial system, we need the data to go through some data messaging, and create some rules and derive some values. There are five or six million records every day.

Google has some very good tools on its platform. They have an App Engine and cluster-based programming so that you are able to achieve high performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Because this is a multiple source system, we need a centralized place where all of the data rules are maintained and where all of the data transformations are performed.

Being from an Oracle background, Oracle doesn't have the tools that Google has to transform the high volume data.

It can perform that validation for the high volume transactions in less time, it can be transformed in minutes.

What is most valuable?

I like this solution. It has a lot of abilities such as data processing and cluster data creation.

The way they use the sources efficiently and the performance are good. The cost is also less, depending on the way that you code.

There is a lot of flexibility and a lot of control if you use this efficiently.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the drag and drop features improved. They have a lot of hand-coded coding. Now they are doing less coding and more drag and drop and configuration.

From a developer's perspective, it would make it simpler and also the less manual coding will lead to fewer defects. Less coding ability but most coding should be automated using a drag and drop functionality.

The setup could be more user-friendly.

In the next release, I would like to see improved drag and drop features, less coding abilities, or zero coding abilities. This would mean that you can do it by using your configurations, or even when you drag and drop it can be an orchestration so that anyone can do it. It would not be just some hand-coded kind of development that will be used by developers in the future.

We are typically a solution provider and we implemented this solution twelve months ago.

It's a stable product.

The scalability is really good.

There are not many end-users who come in and log in every day, because all of these transformations are completed automatically. From the administration standpoint, there are three or four people taking care of the databases and the application layer. The product is all automated and it's a matter of a back and forth thing.

I have not contacted Google support.

We were using Oracle. Previously, we were not using any products. Other products such as JCS and ICS are not this kind of solution. They are that capable. Oracle may have some other products, but I am not aware of it.

The initial setup was ok, although it can be made to be more user-friendly.

The length of deployment depends on the client's requirements. This particular client has very stringent requirements and it had to go through multiple QA processes. It did take some time but that had to do with the change in management.

You need three or four people with varying skillsets if you are implementing this. We had approximately five for this.

I think that the cost is metered based on the data, but I don't have the details.

What other advice do I have?

This is an awesome product.

This solution is pretty automated. When you come from an administrative standpoint, they come and just do some maintenance now and then. They're very few.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is that they have to be very careful. Though this has all of the capabilities, be very careful. Before they engage in the design, you have to understand the volume of transactions you are going to have. What are the turnaround times that you need and the performance considerations? Depending on that, you have to define the architecture of the solution. There are various factors.

There is a thought process before you go into the developing mode.

You have to go through many different people and understand what the restrictions of the various databases that Google has provided are. You have a lot of tools to select before you start developing. There are many tools on this platform and you have to pick the right ones for the right solution. Cost and performance on this type of solution dictate that.

A thorough analysis should be done before you get into this because it's not easy.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Ade FajarPamungkas
Senior System Analyst at Evello System
Runs our server production and the hardware doesn't need maintenance

• "We do not need to maintain the hardware."
  • "I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for software social media analytics. That software can call social media like Facebook, Instagram, and news online media. We call them and put them in the container. And then we analyze the data and display it on the dashboard. We use the GCP to run our server production.

What is most valuable?

We only use what we need to put in the application to create a server. We do not need to maintain the hardware.

What needs improvement?

I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware. We focus on our business for the maintenance and infrastructure to develop the software.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We use it to up the server like the compute engine. For the compute engine, we just put the CPU with what I need, and then storage capacity what I need, and then just click, and it runs. We don't use it yet to have integration with other platforms or systems.

We don't get any bugs in the software.

We do have plans to increase usage when our client base increases, we will increase the capacity, like the storage and the compute. Maybe in a year or two.

We used to contact support to handle our problems at the beginning of our implementation. We're not so experienced with the system so we need their guidance. We are satisfied with the support. We have to pay to use technical support. There are a lot of charges. We open the ticket and then have to pay for it. It shouldn't be like that. We use the infrastructure and then we pay. We just input them for the system, we do not have to pay again.

The setup is of medium complexity. It is not too difficult, it is medium level to operate GCP.

It took only two days to set up the server. The server itself took three hours. Three hours to set up the server and then the deployment. We built the system over a long time. But to deploy we set the infrastructure like the server, firewall, in the GCP. It took five hours to deploy.

We deployed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend GCP. We will focus to develop our system, our product, and it's a matter of whether or not the infrastructure can handle GCP.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see a machine learning system.

MK
Head of Practice at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Flexible, scalable, and easy to use

• "The solution is very easy to use. It's easy to navigate and to work with."
  • "The solution could be more reasonably priced. We find it to be a bit expensive right now."

What is our primary use case?

I've been using Google virtual machines, Google FUSE. It has many, many products across the entire cloud platform. GCP can be used for data storage and for virtual machine creation.

What is most valuable?

It has some stack of products in it that I have found quite useful.

The solution is very easy to use. It's easy to navigate and to work with.

It's quite a flexible product.

We've found the solution to be scalable.

What needs improvement?

The product is great. I can't think of a way it can be improved. There aren't any missing features. It's quite complete.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so. It hasn't been very long just yet.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease. It's not hard at all.

I'm not sure how many users in total are on it in our organization. It might be between ten to 20 people or so. There aren't too many people on it currently.

I plan to continue to use it going forward. I can't speak to the company's plans for if it, and that includes increasing usage or not.

I've never had the chance to reach out to technical support, and therefore can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I cannot evaluate them having had no direct interactions with them.

There isn't really an installation process for this solution. It's on the cloud. You don't need to implement anything. It's all just ready to go.

The solution could be cheaper. Right now, it's a bit expensive.

We've looked at the Oracle Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS and both services are good.

What other advice do I have?

We're always using the latest version of the solution. It's always the latest as we are on the cloud deployment model and it auto-updates.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Its capabilities have been very good overall and we've been very happy with it.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations. It's worked well for us.

AB
Staff Technical Program Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
It is totally awesome in terms of scalability and comes with a lot of features

• "It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has."
  • "We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that. They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good."

What is our primary use case?

I work in a retail company. We have a physical data center where we use IBM servers. We want to get rid of them because every time we have a peak season, we have to add the infrastructure and then remove it when it is not the peak time. This process of adding the servers, taking notes, and bringing them down requires a lot of operational effort. There is a lot of manual intervention for adding the resources and configuring the servers, which is a lot of work for the company. That's why we are migrating all our applications.

Google Cloud will help us in getting the additional assistance just by clicking a button. We basically want to automate instead of doing manual interventions. It is an organizational initiative to move to Google Cloud. At least five to ten teams are involved based on each application and around a hundred people are involved.

What is most valuable?

It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has.

What needs improvement?

We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that.

They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good.

I have been using this solution for one a half years.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is really good.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We get support from Google. There are some Google engineers who visit us on-site, and based on our problem statement, they are able to suggest different approaches and solutions.

Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Sameer Shaikh
SaaS Development Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Stable with good ready-made services but lacks many features

• "The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue."
  • "The initial setup was quite complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to assist our clients. One of our clients, for example, wanted their web application to be integrated.

What is most valuable?

The ability to measure access using the solution is quite helpful. It's very helpful, in particular, for clients.

The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for a more robust solution that allows seamless integration.

The initial setup was quite complex.

The solution needs some features. There a lot of new requirements, like seamless integration and real-time batch updates, that we would want that should be added in future releases.

We've only used the solution for a very short time. It's only been a few months.

The app is reliable. It's very stable. We haven't had issues with things like bugs or glitches. It hasn't crashed. It's been good.

The solution is quite scalable, as it is on the cloud. It is easy for a company to ramp up as needed.

We've never had to contact technical support. Everything we've needed in terms of answering queries or finding assistance is available online.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It was complex. We are expecting it to be more seamless.

The coding turned out to be quite difficult. We had to put the legacy EPAs in place. The access was hard to deal with. Networking restrictions, etc. were also causing us problems. There was a combination of implementation issues our organization had to deal with.

In the end, deployment took three weeks.

We had our own team at our company that was able to deploy and maintain the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We were a Google partner in the past, but we aren't anymore.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it seven out of ten overall. If the solution offered more features, we would rank it higher.

HM
Vice President at a retailer with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to set an accessibility feature using cloud identity

• "There is a certain accessibility feature that I can set using a cloud identity, which is really valuable to us."
  • "the documentation could be a bit better in terms of what is presented on the screen versus what actually happens."

What is our primary use case?

It's a cloud-based solution, so it's always the latest version. We use it for identity management, monitor resources, and to monitor the cloud resources. The number of users are small, but the number of resources being managed is large. We plan to roll it out to about 30,000 people.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I think that the documentation could be a bit better in terms of what is presented on the screen versus what actually happens. There's a little bit of confusion under your resource discovery you get in a search bar having to do with the level of complexity of the product design. But I think the documentation could be better.

We have been using Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy for about a year.

It is very stable.

It scales well, in fact, it's quite relevant. We've not put it to an extreme level of scale, but we use it at a medium level of scalability. It's working well.

Google's technical support is really good. In fact, I've only been in touch through email and they've been really responsive. In fact, most of our responses happen in minutes.

The setup is straightforward. I don't think it's a function of how long it takes to set up. it's a continuous deployment. At the time it was a new resource that has to be reconfigured. The initial set up was a few days, but after that its incremental changes that we do.

We've evaluated Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy at an eight out of ten.

SC
Support Personale at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Leaderboard
Provides more control of assets but needs to improve technical support

• "Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy provides more control of our assets because normally when you're using Google Cloud, you have to use your Google email. IAP can control the assets that only come from the dedicated company or IP address."
  • "The support can be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, but normally, the response from layer one is not very useful."

What is most valuable?

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy provides more control of our assets because normally when you're using Google Cloud, you have to use your Google email. IAP can control the assets that only come from the dedicated company or IP address.

It's a scalable solution that is easy to install as well.

What needs improvement?

The support can be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, but normally, the response from layer one is not very useful.

Google is not very capable when it comes to patching vulnerabilities. It would be nice if they could improve this security issue or CVE.

The stability needs to be improved for some services.

I've been using it for around five months because I just joined this company.

If you are talking about virtual machines, our customers would say that this solution is not so stable because sometimes Google Cloud has host errors. We haven't been able to get a good explanation from Google regarding this.

If you're using Kubernetes, it's quite stable, but if you are using VM, the system will typically reboot at least once every three months.

It's quite scalable.

If I ranked technical support from one to five, with five being the highest score, I would rank it at around three.

Technical support could be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, and the response from layer one is not very useful.

The installation should be easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because with Google Cloud Platform, you can do a lot of applications that you cannot do with AWS. AWS is more useful for developers because it has moved from general usage.

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy at six on a scale from one to ten because it still needs some improvements.

WESLEI CARNEIRO
Architecture and Solutions Specialist at a marketing services firm with 10,001+ employees
It's flexible and the price is reasonable

• "The most valuable features of Google Cloud Platform are the Kubernetes engine, CI/CD, and BigQuery."
  • "The hard part is creating the pack because our applications are in Azure Data Proxy, Data Fabric, and Data Factory. Our team used these tools in Azure, but in the future, they will transition to GCP."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Google Cloud Platform are the Kubernetes engine, CI/CD, and BigQuery.

What needs improvement?

Apigee is a good feature because we analyzed and changed the computer-associated AP to Apigee. We compared the features and created the clusters to change the solution to Apigee. It's a good option on the Google Cloud Platform. And I like BigQuery, which is a fantastic database on the SaaS model. The hard part is creating the pack because our applications are in Azure Data Proxy, Data Fabric, and Data Factory. Our team used these tools in Azure, but in the future, they will transition to GCP.

I've been using Google Cloud Platform for one year.

Google support is outstanding. It's effortless to contact Google engineers, who are all Brazilians. The work is well explained, and they participate in our technical meetings.

I think the price of Google Cloud Platform is reasonable. However, Microsoft is the most cost-effective solution for us because of Azure's integration. And we already have licenses for Windows Server and the databases, so the price is attractive. And the price of AWS is higher, but we have only two big applications on the AWS. Still, I like Google so much, and my company thinks GCP is the best way to handle our workloads.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Cloud Platform nine out of 10. I like the GCP so much because it's flexible. We have tools for similar tech drivers, and we can connect them in the other clouds, where I use the Anthos platform. I created an Anthos platform for similar tech drivers to administer all of the different cloud solutions on the same platform. So, for example, I can put the comments on Cloud Shell and create a resource in the other clouds.

Hybrid Cloud