Google Cloud SQL OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud SQL is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Database as a Service vendors. It is most often compared to SQL Azure: Google Cloud SQL vs SQL Azure

What is Google Cloud SQL?
Google Cloud SQL is a fully-managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer your relational PostgreSQL and MySQL databases in the cloud. Google Cloud SQL offers high performance, scalability, and convenience. Hosted on Google Cloud Platform, Cloud SQL provides a database infrastructure for applications running anywhere.

Download the Database as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Google Cloud SQL Customers
BeDataDriven, CodeFutures, Daffodil, GenieConnect, KiSSFLOW, LiveHive, SulAm_rica, Zync
Google Cloud SQL Video

ArshSharma
Director at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Scalable and cost effective solution for data analysis

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use it for marketing data and marketing analytics.

• "Its most valuable feature is that it's scalable. I can start off with a base of a lot of data and move as much as I want and it's the same as if asked to do a lot of infrastructure changes."
  • "Google Cloud SQL still needs better connectivity to outside, existing data sources."

What other advice do I have?

We have 11 - 12 people working with it - all marketing people. On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 is the lowest and 10 the highest, I'd give it an 8.
Muhammad El-Sergani
Commercial and Operations Director at SygmaTel, BlaBla Connect, KnowMe Solutions
Easy to manage and has the ability to oversee the statistics of your SQL

What is our primary use case?

GCP hosts our entire infrastructure, both internally used systems, and externally-facing ones. Back to back this means that Google Cloud SQL is used for all SQL related requirements by our systems.

• "Ease of management and the ability to oversee the statistics of your SQL."
  • "Google's technical support is good, but they tend to never reopen a case and to send us snippets from the publicly available documentation. It's not as helpful as you would expect, not just for Google Cloud SQL but for all of Google Cloud products."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 10. I would recommend everyone to check all of Google's Cloud portfolio and give it a shot.
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Database as a Service. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PC
Senior Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
A perfect solution with perfect support and good security, storage, stability, and scalability

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for database purposes. I am learning it to prepare for my certification. I have done a few big uploads, which I have removed later on.

• "I found its storage and security to be the most valuable. It was a good experience. It is also very stable and scalable, and its support is perfect."
  • "I am yet to explore a lot of features that are present in this solution. However, it would be good if more documentation is available for this solution. This would help us in preparing for the certification exam and understand it better. Currently, we don't have much documentation. We do the labs for 20 or 25 minutes, but we can't capture and download anything."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It has a lot of good features. It is easily scalable. I would rate Google Cloud SQL a ten out of ten.
Product Categories
Database as a Service
Download our free Database as a Service Report and find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and more!