Google Drive Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Drive Enterprise is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Storage tools. It is most often compared to Citrix ShareFile: Google Drive Enterprise vs Citrix ShareFile

What is Google Drive Enterprise?

Drive Enterprise enables you to transform how your business stores, accesses, and secures files, all without extensive change management. Drive Enterprise is a standalone offering with usage-based pricing that includes all the features of Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise is also known as Drive Enterprise, Google Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Google Drive Enterprise Customers

Journal Communications

Google Drive Enterprise Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Drive Enterprise pricing:
  • "It has a yearly license."
  • "It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month."
  • "The program is very affordable."

Google Drive Enterprise Reviews

AtefehMohib
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Extremely accessible, easy to use, and very stable

• "Google has a lot of tools. They are really useful and they are really simple to use."
  • "In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult."

What is our primary use case?

I typically use Google Drive and some other tools that are included such as Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

I mostly use it for sharing documents at work. For example, in my team, we want to share all templates on the documents we need to create. We also share pictures that we might use for marketing. Personally, I save all the documents of my project as I work on them, sometimes from home, sometimes at work, and I need to access them from everywhere. I have some projects in some folders and I save all of my documents in my Google Drive.

I mainly use it for everything related to the saving and sharing of documentation.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing about Google Drive is that it's accessible from everywhere.

It's free if you use under 15 GBs, however, for me, that's enough.

google docs is the most valuable feature for me.

What needs improvement?

In my job, we don't have any special challenges using Google Drive. We use it easily, however, we only use it personally and to share our documents.

We have never used, for example, Google Workspace and other products. In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult. It is a bit improved in the Workspace version, however, I have never tried it. That's one of our main challenges when it comes to using Google Drive - managing the files and access. For example, somebody could just access it to view it, or somebody could access for editing in both cases without permission, and that's our challenge right now.

Once you move off of the free version and go to the enterprise solution, it can get quite pricey.

I've been using the solution for more than a year at this point.

The solution is very stable. I've never had issues with it crashing or freezing. It works quite well.

The solution is quite scalable. You can use 15GBs for free, and after that, you can scale up.

In our organization, everybody uses it, and we're more than 50 people at this point.

In the future, we'll continue to use it and most likely increase usage.

I've never had to reach out to support due to the fact that everything is so stable. We haven't had any issues to speak of. Therefore, I can't speak to their knowledge or responsiveness.

There's no installation needed at all. You simply sign up and log on.

I simply use the free version of the solution. There's no cost at all in terms of licensing.

Once you move up to the enterprise level of the solution, when you have to pay, it's a bit pricey for us in my country.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using. I believe it is the latest.

For cloud computing and other things, I have never used Google Drive due to the fact that I don't do cloud computing.

One of the reasons that I use Google Drive is that I used Gmail for more than 10 years. Therefore, when I had to choose a cloud storage soulution, I selected Google Drive as I had experience with it and it was really easy to use and it was accessible all the time.

In the past, I have recommended the solution to others, and I will continue to do so. It's a good platform and has excellent tools for teaching and education in particular. I would recommend it, especially for education, and for teachers and students.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. For a free version of a product, it's great and does basically everything we need it to do.

Swapnil Dassi
Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Makes it easy to share documents with the whole organization and enables us to download a document anytime and in any format

• "It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats."
  • "I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time."

What is our primary use case?

It is a shared drive. We are a reseller, and we have multiple customers. We give training, and sometimes, when customers are having any issues, we also need to troubleshoot them.

We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a shared drive. It is useful for our organization for uploading documents that will be visible to all of our employees. Our HR, finance team, accounts team, and other teams use it for any important notifications or documents. They upload a document in the shared drive, and it is visible to all of the employees. Rather than sending it to everyone one by one, they just need to allow the document to be shared with the whole organization. It is convenient and easy to use.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats.

Multiple formats are available, and it also saves multiple versions, which makes it the best. We can just restore the previous version and download it based on our convenience and in our preferred format. These are some of the features that I like the most.

What needs improvement?

I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time.

One of our customers was basically having this issue related to the transfer of ownership of a folder. A user had created the folder in Google Drive, and he had shared that folder with other users. Those users created subfolders in that shared folder or uploaded multiple documents and shared them with the whole team. When the person who has created the main folder left the organization, we had to help him to transfer the ownership of the Google Drive to someone else, but things got messy. It was hard to know who had shared what, and basically, the ownership was totally lost. The ownership should have been transferred properly in the exact structure for all folders and subfolders.

It should be easier to implement or deploy it on our system, rather than on the cloud. There should be some improvement so that it is easily deployed without files and folders getting messy or downloads not completing. Sometimes, the downloads don't complete, and the next day, it starts again. Sometimes, it gets corrupted or doesn't start from the beginning. So, it should be easy to deploy on a system.

There is a per-day upload or download limit. They should increase and improve that.

I have more than six years of experience in working with Google Drive Enterprise.

It is reliable.

In terms of scalability, it has a problem. There is a per-day limit for uploading or downloading. It is okay for a few KBs and GBs, but sometimes, when we have the enterprise plan and we have to upload and download 1 TB or up to 5 TB data for immediate purposes, there is a limit. It should be improved in that aspect.

Their support is great.

Its initial setup was okay. It only got complex when subfolders were created, and the folders and subfolders were further shared.

It has a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. There are a few things that require improvement, but it also has some very good features.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of 10.

Google
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Donovan Greeff
Head of Software Delivery at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sheets and Docs are easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with

• "Simplicity while competently serving the needs of secure document storage and sharing is part of the beauty of the product."
  • "There is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. Some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced so this product is a more complete replacement for Excel."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our enterprise accounts. We also use it for communications like email communication, video conferencing, et cetera. With Drive specifically, we use that for storing internal confidential documents or internal documentation that require an extra level of security.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a solution for secure document sharing that is not really matched by other similar solutions.

What is most valuable?

I would say that spreadsheets (Sheets) and document (Docs) functionalities have been most useful. That is because it is easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with. I think that is really primarily what is most valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

In a more general way and for our purposes, I would say having a little bit more control and clarity over what is shared and how it is shared would be a useful improvement. There are obviously controls already in the product for sharing and restrictions, but they could be more robust and flexible as far as assigning restrictions.

Also, some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced. It is meant to be a replacement to Excel, but it really is not there yet as a product with equal capabilities as there are still quite a few limitations to the functionality.

Aside from those few things, there is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. It is quite a simple product and that is kind of the beauty of it. There is not too much more that you could add to it that would really help and might just complicate it instead. I think it is quite a mature, simple, good solution.

We have been using the product for about a year now in my current role with this company. I used it in previous roles and as a customer for several years before that.

We have not had any issues with the stability of the product.

There really are no issues with scalability. Storage is unlimited and it is on the cloud so it can scale automatically.

Personally, I have not had a reason to put in a call to the technical support but the team that administers the account has. I know I have not heard any negative feedback. Response times are within the SLA (Service Level Agreement), so the service is as expected.

The setup is really pretty straightforward.

It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month.

We did not really do any serious evaluations of products of this type before choosing to go with Drive Enterprise. I only previously looked at things like Dropbox which are pretty insecure solutions. I have used those things in the past but I have not used them for many years now because of the lack of better security features in them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering Google Drive Enterprise as a solution is to go ahead and use it. It is a good tool. It is secure. It is great for managing internal company documentation in a secure fashion.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as about a nine-out-of-ten. To make it better than that it would really need to have some sort of revolutionary improvement that makes it step ahead of the entire class of products. I do not know what that would be. I, personally, very seldom give things 10-out-of-10 as I think perfection is something that is essentially unattainable.

Other
TJ
Webmaster at a maritime company with 501-1,000 employees
The space feature is great and installation is quick and easy

• "The program is very stable."
  • "I am not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for personal files and file storage. So basically I use the solution as long-term storage for photos, documents, or media files that we used over the years.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the space feature that is used to store documents. I like it that I can store files to access whenever and wherever I want. I can access files on my laptop from anywhere. The other valuable feature is that the solution is fast and secure. The program runs seamlessly. I simply send my files to the cloud where they are stored, and I don't have to worry about losing my phone or laptop, I know exactly where they are. I don't have to use any other features in terms of sharing it, for instance.

What needs improvement?

I don't really see anything that needs to improve. I am not a very heavy user so I haven't had any issues with it. I think it does okay for the basics, for storing and saving files. Perhaps the security of files can be better.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for ten years now.

The program is very stable. I've never seen it crash.

I think Google is scalable by default. I know that from personal experience. I'm not a heavy user, so I think it's scalable.

There has never been need to contact their support team.

Yes, we did use a different solution, Google Cloud, so it was very similar software. I used Microsoft Drive as an alternative too. Google Drive is a great solution if you are on Gmail, so it's worth sticking with Gmail. Also, if you use an Android device that works with integration, the system runs seamlessly. Google Drive gives you a better storage amount in terms of it being your own storage unit and not others.

It is really easy to set it up on your personal laptop. But I am in government now, so we're not allowed to set up Google Drive. We're restricted and due to security measures Google Drive is not accessible in all areas.

I'm an IT technician so I was responsible for the installation and deployment, which took me only about two minutes.

The program is very affordable. I am just not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license. Will you lose all your data? That is still unclear to me.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. I think there is a lot of distrust when it comes to giving your data to Google. They're a commercially based company, so putting anything on Google Drive might not be hundred percent secure and how will I know for sure that nothing's going to happen to my file? You don't have the assurance, so it's always a security issue when giving your files to Google Drive to store. I don't think security is Google's first priority, although it is a flexible, good software. That's why I give it eight.

MO
Associate at a legal firm with 1-10 employees
Scalable, stable and easy to setup

• "The solution is very easy to scale."
  • "A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for internal file management and also for creating rooms or drives for clients.

What is most valuable?

The streamlining that an organization gets when using the solution is great. It saves a lot of space on the desktop because all of the files are in the cloud and don't need to be downloaded.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if it's already available, however, being able to set a period for which files can be available to people you share them with before the permissions disappear would be quite helpful.

A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with.

I haven't been using the solution for too long in this current organization, however, I have worked with it extensively in the past.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We currently have about 300 people in our organization using it regularly. Virtually everyone uses it, including executive management. Analysts, sales, developers and finance teams are all on it.

We've never contacted technical support. I don't think we have any issues.

We have previously used Dropbox. However, it wasn't great for streamlining services.

The initial setup is quite simple. Users will find it very straightforward. There isn't even really any setup required. As soon as the domain was set up, it was ready to go.

We didn't evaluate another solution. I had already used Google privately and decided it was a good one to use to streamline and switch over to.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It's constantly updating itself. A user doesn't have to go and manually update the solution.

We use this solution on a daily basis and quite extensively.

Most organizations need to try it out. It's very straightforward. I'd suggest users go to Wix to get their domains, however, instead of Google, as Google can be quite expensive for that.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Google
VM
Regional Manager Fortinet at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, stable, and simple to scale

• "The possibility of working together in real-time on the same document is the most useful feature for me."
  • "I also use Word from Microsoft Office. Sometimes it's difficult to find some features that are available in Office and not available in Google Docs or are in a different place (if you are more used to Word). We sometimes lose time trying to find certain useability features."

What is our primary use case?

Before I joined Fortinet, we used Google Drive as our main docking share platform. Now I use it to share documents and to collaborate in the same document. It's mostly just for sharing internally.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is very stable.

You can easily scale the solution if you need to.

What needs improvement?

I also use Word from Microsoft Office. Sometimes it's difficult to find some features that are available in Office and not available in Google Docs or are in a different place (if you are more used to Word). We sometimes lose time trying to find certain useability features.

I started using the solution ten to 12 years ago. I've used it for a while. it's been over a decade.

I cannot recall ever facing any stability issues. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

While I have only really used a quarter of the space, it's easy just to pay to scale up and scale out.

I've never dealt with technical support. I have a colleague that handles everything. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is simple. It's straightforward and not overly complex.

I currently only use the free version. You can pay for more space on the drive if you need to.

In the past, I used the Enterprise version and we did have to pay for that. If you wanted to upgrade from free to Enterprise, there would be a cost involved, and, depending on how much you used, the price would rise.

My understanding is that it is more expensive than Microsoft Teams

What other advice do I have?

I'm just an end-user.

I'd recommend the solution to others. It's easy, it's free, it's almost integrated with the contacts of Gmail, and you can add comments and automatically send notifications to the participants in the documents. It's integrated with other Google platforms. On top of that, it is easy to understand how to work with it.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

IK
Owner at OSA Special Needs Consulting
Versatile, extremely useful, and is quite stable

• "When we collaborate on a team project, everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the project."
  • "There are a few kinks to work out at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple and extremely useful."

What is our primary use case?

Because we work on projects, Google Drive is extremely versatile. It is interchangeable among users, and every one can edit at different times.

What is most valuable?

We are all in different parts of the world. When we collaborate on a team project, everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the project. There is a team leader who reviews and edits everything before we all get credit. It's pretty cool. I'm from a different era and teaching myself.

It's pretty straightforward. You have to have the right mindset for it, but it's pretty simple.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for two years.

Google Drive Enterprise is quite stable.

I have not contacted technical support.

If I have an issue, members of my group navigate me through it. I have never had to contact them.

The University of Phoenix provides it. I've never had to pay any fees.

What other advice do I have?

I'm happy with how things are going right now because I'm getting used to them. That's probably a question for later, when I am more acquainted with my business. I'm hoping to graduate in May, and I need to write a 40-page dissertation. This is a tutorial of what is to come for me.

Google Drive is popular in this generation because it is so interchangeable. People can look into your documents if you provide them with a password.

Personally, I believe it is a great solution for businesses, but it all depends on how many people you have working for you and what your main goal is.

It brings a project together, which is wonderful.

The world today fascinates me. I remember encyclopedias and going to the library to look at Microfiche.

I think that it is fabulous. I have my own practice. I am in Social Services. This information is good for me and the people I network with. I can bring anybody, I want in, I can create documents and have others look at it and give me advice. I enjoy Good Drive.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Abdulla Pathan
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
Useful for sharing documents and working simultaneously on a document, but needs more features similar to Office 365

• "It allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a document."
  • "It should have more features similar to Office 365. To improvise more, they should compare their features with Office 365."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely share a document with anybody within the organization and outside of it. We are using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to keep all our documents centrally also allow us to work on documents simultaneously. It is also part of our product roadmap to take advantage of GDrive to build GoogleWorkplace based applications. It helped us to share document deliverables with customers with minimal configuration.

What is most valuable?

It allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a document. It is secure, and we can monitor the sharing of documents. It can be used as a storage device.

What needs improvement?

It should have more features similar to Office 365. To improvise more, they should compare their features with Office 365.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is used by all users in our organization because all of our documentation is on Google Drive.

We never needed any technical support.

We had an in-house product. We switched because we wanted a lower licensing cost.

No Comments.

Office 365 and SVN

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a seven out of ten.