YH
IT Systems and Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides a secure backup service; somewhat lacking in customization

• "Provides a secure backup to my data."
  • "The product lacks customization."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this service is for storage. I have a package and I use it to synchronize my data and to keep a backup for my device and mobile phone. I'm an IT system and infrastructure manager, and a customer of Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

The service gives me the confidence of knowing that I have a backup copy of all my data and it can be accessed at any time.

What needs improvement?

The service could be improved if it could do more customization, because the model inside is pre-defined and there is no customization. I'd also like to see an extension of the packages because the first two packages have minimal space. The next release should have more customization and more storage for the packages.

I've been using this service for 18 months.

This is a stable product.

I haven't contacted technical support. I'm using a very limited part of the server, it's only storing data.

I previously used Dropbox to store data, but when I had the option to move, I decided to go with Google Drive and not continue with Dropbox.

This is not an expensive service.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Google Drive Enterprise, especially for Android users. It's the most suitable application or service.

I rate this service a seven out of 10.

NP
Technology Consulting Department Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Easily accessible from anywhere, whether for emails or applications

• "I can check emails from anywhere, and use the applications wherever I am."
  • "It's become difficult to fit everything in one window."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners and resellers of Google Drive Enterprise. I'm a technology consulting department manager.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Gmail for such a long time and I'm really familiar with the interface. In terms of my work, I'm able to check emails from anywhere, and I can use the applications wherever I am.

What needs improvement?

They recently updated the email under 'interface' and I can't fit everything in one window. For example, I'm checking an email and half of it opens on the right side and you can't really read everything. The recent update is not really great for me because I'm used to having the space I need. I can't really minimize the chat box so I can read the emails wholly. There are so many things in the window, you can't really see it all and have to open a new window just to get access to the entire email.

I've been using this solution for four years.

This product is stable.

The product doesn't require any implementation, it's browser based.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product even though I have trouble reading everything.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Google
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KG
Owner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Stable and well-integrated with Google products

• "The integration with Gmail, Calendar, and Google Meet is the most valuable."
  • "The ability to share documents with outside clients can be improved. It is difficult to share documents with outside clients, and that's why I am looking at some other solution. If you use Google Drive, they want you to use all of their Google Suite, but not everybody uses Google Suite for document creation. It is not a great solution if you are working with a company that doesn't use Google Suite."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for general storage and sharing documents. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The integration with Gmail, Calendar, and Google Meet is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The ability to share documents with outside clients can be improved. It is difficult to share documents with outside clients, and that's why I am looking at some other solution.

If you use Google Drive, they want you to use all of their Google Suite, but not everybody uses Google Suite for document creation. It is not a great solution if you are working with a company that doesn't use Google Suite.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for less than a year.

It is Google. It is stable.

I didn't really have to test that. We have only two users.

I haven't used them.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It is very well-integrated with Google products such as Google Suite. It is a great solution for non-profits and similar stuff, but when you're dealing with other businesses and corporations that have not adopted this solution, it doesn't play nice.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
KB
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Secure, scalable, and useful collaboration function

• "The solution is easy to use, has good performance, and is secure."
  • "The solution could improve User Access Management by showing more detailed information of which users have access to folders or files. For example, you can see which users have access one by one, but there is not a dashboard that can show what user has access to a library document."

What is our primary use case?

The main purpose we are using Google Drive Enterprise is for storing files and the collaboration function. We share documents with certain members of the company.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use, has good performance, and is secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve User Access Management by showing more detailed information of which users have access to folders or files. For example, you can see which users have access one by one, but there is not a dashboard that can show what user has access to a library document.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Google Drive Enterprise is scalable.

We have approximately 30 people using this solution in my organization.

There is a monthly fee that we pay for the use of this solution and the price is fair.

We evaluated Microsoft One Drive before choosing Google Drive Enterprise. We found the collaboration feature to be better with Google.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

AS
Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
A stable and secure solution with good integration

• "The solution is absolutely stable."
  • "The Google Sheets should have more functionality."

What is our primary use case?

In the organization, people are working on the teams. They can share the documents and work on them simultaneously.

What needs improvement?

The Google Sheets should have more functionality.

I've been using Google Driver Enterprise for a year.

The solution is absolutely stable.

I have not really had experience with tech support.

I did not use another solution prior to Google Drive Enterprise.

I am not in a position to comment on the installation.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good. It does everything one needs.

It is a cloud-based solution.

I am fine with the integration the way it is. I feel it to be sufficiently secure. I don't see any problems with it, not with the storage or with the extent to which it is user-friendly.

The solution works all right for me. I have not faced any problems in which I feel something to be missing.

I would absolutely recommend the solution to others, for sure.

I rate Google Drive Enterprise as a nine out of ten.

AY
Server Administrator Coordinator at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful support, feature-rich, and they continue to enhance the product

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for sharing documents, and we are using Google Meets for eLearning.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable. This solution has become an enhanced product over the years. It is more stable and they keep adding features. We are happy with it.

What needs improvement?

It's a cloud-based product that is stable and secure, but I would like to see more security features added.

We have been using Google Drive Enterprise for 11 years. There are no versions.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We are syncing it with our LDAP for all of the…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Google Drive Enterprise for 11 years.

There are no versions.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product.

We are syncing it with our LDAP for all of the school, the staff, students, and parents as well. We have approximately 3,000 accounts on it.

This is not my area, but my colleague has had contact with technical support often and they always been very helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

CL
Project Manager at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good file sharing, but it needs better integration with other environments

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution for holding data files and sharing them. I stopped using it because I did not like being constrained within the Google environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to share files.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with Google Docs, the Google landscape in general, and other environments.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for about three years.

I didn't experience any issues with stability.

This is a scalable solution.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Google Drive Enterprise works for a lot of…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to share files.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for about three years.

I didn't experience any issues with stability.

This is a scalable solution.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Google Drive Enterprise works for a lot of people but it didn't work for me.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

Private Cloud

Google
Shyami Lakshika
Associate Engineer - Network & Security at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Offers good storage and sharing capabilities

What is our primary use case?

This solution is for my personal use and for Facebook. I'm a customer of Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good for sharing and I like the storage aspect, it's very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The product lacks scalability and I feel it could be more secure.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and rate it eight out of 10.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The product lacks scalability and I feel it could be more secure.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and rate it eight out of 10.