Google Drive Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Drive Enterprise is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Storage tools. It is most often compared to Citrix ShareFile: Google Drive Enterprise vs Citrix ShareFile

What is Google Drive Enterprise?

Drive Enterprise enables you to transform how your business stores, accesses, and secures files, all without extensive change management. Drive Enterprise is a standalone offering with usage-based pricing that includes all the features of Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise is also known as Drive Enterprise, Google Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Google Drive Enterprise Customers

Journal Communications

Google Drive Enterprise Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Drive Enterprise pricing:
  • "It has a yearly license."
  • "It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month."
  • "The program is very affordable."

AtefehMohib
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Extremely accessible, easy to use, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

I typically use Google Drive and some other tools that are included such as Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Sheets. I mostly use it for sharing documents at work. For example, in my team, we want to share all templates on the documents we need to create. We also share pictures that we might use for marketing. Personally, I save all the documents of my project as I work on them, sometimes from home, sometimes at work, and I need to access them from everywhere. I have some projects in some folders and I save all of my documents in my Google Drive. I mainly use it for everything related to… more »

• "Google has a lot of tools. They are really useful and they are really simple to use."
  • "In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using. I believe it is the latest. For cloud computing and other things, I have never used Google Drive due to the fact that I don't do cloud computing. One of the reasons that I use Google Drive is that I used Gmail for more than 10 years. Therefore, when I had to choose a cloud storage soulution, I selected Google Drive as I had experience with it and it was really easy to use and it was accessible all the time. In the past, I have recommended the solution to others, and I will continue to do so. It's a good platform and…
Swapnil Dassi
Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Makes it easy to share documents with the whole organization and enables us to download a document anytime and in any format

What is our primary use case?

It is a shared drive. We are a reseller, and we have multiple customers. We give training, and sometimes, when customers are having any issues, we also need to troubleshoot them. We have its latest version.

• "It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats."
  • "I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. There are a few things that require improvement, but it also has some very good features. I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Donovan Greeff
Head of Software Delivery at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sheets and Docs are easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our enterprise accounts. We also use it for communications like email communication, video conferencing, et cetera. With Drive specifically, we use that for storing internal confidential documents or internal documentation that require an extra level of security.

• "Simplicity while competently serving the needs of secure document storage and sharing is part of the beauty of the product."
  • "There is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. Some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced so this product is a more complete replacement for Excel."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering Google Drive Enterprise as a solution is to go ahead and use it. It is a good tool. It is secure. It is great for managing internal company documentation in a secure fashion. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as about a nine-out-of-ten. To make it better than that it would really need to have some sort of revolutionary improvement that makes it step ahead of the entire class of products. I do not know what that would be. I, personally, very seldom give things 10-out-of-10 as I think perfection…
TJ
Webmaster at a maritime company with 501-1,000 employees
The space feature is great and installation is quick and easy

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for personal files and file storage. So basically I use the solution as long-term storage for photos, documents, or media files that we used over the years.

• "The program is very stable."
  • "I am not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license."

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. I think there is a lot of distrust when it comes to giving your data to Google. They're a commercially based company, so putting anything on Google Drive might not be hundred percent secure and how will I know for sure that nothing's going to happen to my file? You don't have the assurance, so it's always a security issue when giving your files to Google Drive to store. I don't think security is Google's first priority, although it is a flexible, good software. That's why I give it eight.
MO
Associate at a legal firm with 1-10 employees
Scalable, stable and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for internal file management and also for creating rooms or drives for clients.

• "The solution is very easy to scale."
  • "A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It's constantly updating itself. A user doesn't have to go and manually update the solution. We use this solution on a daily basis and quite extensively. Most organizations need to try it out. It's very straightforward. I'd suggest users go to Wix to get their domains, however, instead of Google, as Google can be quite expensive for that. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
VM
Regional Manager Fortinet at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, stable, and simple to scale

What is our primary use case?

Before I joined Fortinet, we used Google Drive as our main docking share platform. Now I use it to share documents and to collaborate in the same document. It's mostly just for sharing internally.

• "The possibility of working together in real-time on the same document is the most useful feature for me."
  • "I also use Word from Microsoft Office. Sometimes it's difficult to find some features that are available in Office and not available in Google Docs or are in a different place (if you are more used to Word). We sometimes lose time trying to find certain useability features."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just an end-user. I'd recommend the solution to others. It's easy, it's free, it's almost integrated with the contacts of Gmail, and you can add comments and automatically send notifications to the participants in the documents. It's integrated with other Google platforms. On top of that, it is easy to understand how to work with it. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Abdulla Pathan
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
Useful for sharing documents and working simultaneously on a document, but needs more features similar to Office 365

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely share a document with anybody within the organization and outside of it. We are using its latest version.

• "It allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a document."
  • "It should have more features similar to Office 365. To improvise more, they should compare their features with Office 365."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution. I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a seven out of ten.
YH
IT Systems and Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides a secure backup service; somewhat lacking in customization

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this service is for storage. I have a package and I use it to synchronize my data and to keep a backup for my device and mobile phone. I'm an IT system and infrastructure manager, and a customer of Google Drive.

• "Provides a secure backup to my data."
  • "The product lacks customization."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Google Drive Enterprise, especially for Android users. It's the most suitable application or service. I rate this service a seven out of 10.
See 6 more Google Drive Enterprise Reviews