OH
Technical Consultant with 11-50 employees
Quick and easy to use, and the quality of audio is superior to other products

• "Google Hangouts is very quick and easy to use, and the quality is very good."
  • "I would like to have a whiteboard feature, where I can draw a sketch or diagram and show it to the people in the meeting."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using Google Hangouts for video conferencing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

What is most valuable?

Google Hangouts is very quick and easy to use, and the quality is very good.

What needs improvement?

Support for recording meetings would be helpful.

We have been using Google Hangouts for about three months.

We have been using this solution approximately twice a week and it has been very stable.

Google Hangouts is a scalable system. We have had meetings that include at least ten members and it has been fine.

I have not been in contact with Google's technical support.

Prior to Google Hangouts, I have used Cisco Webex for web conferencing and meetings. I found that the voice and image are much more clear in Hangouts, compared to Webex. In fact, I think that the biggest difference between them is that the voice in Google Hangouts is better.

This solution is quite easy to set up. You can create a meeting using the calendar and it starts working. It can be started in a matter of seconds.

We are users of Google G-Suite, so we did not consider other options.

MD
Director Of Engineering at Smarg Technologies
Has good screen-sharing features and good stability

What is most valuable?

The screen-sharing feature is the most valuable feature.

I have been using Google Hangouts for one year.

I haven't had any problems with stability.

It is definitely scalable.

I haven't needed to contact customer support because there haven't been any problems.

What other advice do I have?

Google Hangouts is wonderful in order to communicate with the rest of the world.  I would rate Google Hangouts an eight out of ten. Not a ten because there's room for improvement. Sometimes there is disconnectivity.

Which deployment model are you using for this

What is most valuable?

The screen-sharing feature is the most valuable feature.

I have been using Google Hangouts for one year.

I haven't had any problems with stability.

It is definitely scalable.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Google Hangouts Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.