Grafana OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Grafana?

Grafana allows you to query, visualize, alert on and understand your metrics no matter where they are stored. Create, explore, and share dashboards with your team and foster a data driven culture.

Grafana Customers
PayPal, eBay, Staples, Booking.com, Intel, NS1, TED, NetApp, Vimeo, RackSpace, SquareSpace, OpenTable, MediaMath, Fermilab

Archived Grafana Reviews (more than two years old)

Network Monitoring Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Provides us with relevant and real-time data about our infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is Data Analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides valuable insights into the health of our infrastructure in real time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in this solution are the dashboard, templating, and annotations.

What needs improvement?

More dashboard is required, out-of-the-box, for OpenNMS.

One year.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is Data Analytics.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

More dashboard is required, out-of-the-box, for OpenNMS.

One year.
it_user200937
System & Network Engineer at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Creates collaboration; shares data and dashboards across teams

• "Visualisation: It is easy to create beautiful, understanding graphs, snapshots to share the graphs with people who do not have access to Grafana, and templating to create powerful graphs."
  • "Collaboration: Shares data and dashboards across teams."
  • "Plugin: Connecting Grafana to multiple APIs of leading monitoring tools and alerting tools."
  • "​Grafana has improved our analysis capability to solve an issue, increasing the co-working between IT services and business services.​"
  • "​The security needs to be improved, such as the capacity to add permissions on dashboards.​"

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Visualisation: It is easy to create beautiful, understanding graphs, snapshots to share the graphs with people who do not have access to Grafana, and templating to create powerful graphs.
  • Collaboration: Shares data and dashboards across teams.
  • Plugin: Connecting Grafana to multiple APIs of leading monitoring tools and alerting tools (like Zabbix, Nagios, Slack, etc.).

No issues.

Currently no, but you will need to use MySQL DB instead of sqlite3 for your production environment.

All support is provided by the community, and the documentation is sufficient to solve somes issues.

No previous solution was used.

It is very simple. Read the documentation!

Only the configuration for LDAP authentication is a bit complex, in case of you are using multiple domains.

Grafana is free and open source.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Read the documentation before installing. Do a PoC before deploying it into production.