Guardicore Centra Overview
What is Guardicore Centra?
Guardicore Centra is a comprehensive data center and cloud security solution that delivers the simplest way to apply micro-segmentation controls to reduce the attack surface and detect and control breaches within east-west traffic. It provides deep visibility into application dependencies and enforces network and process-level policies to protect critical applications.
Guardicore Centra is also known as GuardiCore.
Guardicore Centra Buyer's Guide
Download the Guardicore Centra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021
Guardicore Centra Customers
Santander, Frontier Airlines, OpenLink, Intermountain Healthcare, Cellcom, BancoBASE
Guardicore Centra Video
What users are saying about Guardicore Centra pricing:
- "Compared to the pricing we were seeing from both Illumio and Edgewise, Guardicore was very competitive."
- "This is not a cheap solution but you have to consider the bigger picture, which is what it is giving you."
- "Guardicore Centra provides better value for money than NSX, was the other solution that we looked at, which was too expensive for what it does."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Manager Network & Security Engineering at Teleflora
Real UserTop 5
Dec 15, 2020
Allowed us to build out a data center topology without worrying about placement of physical or virtual firewalls that can create bottlenecks
What is our primary use case?We are using it to segregate all of our different environments: staging, production, QA, as well as our applications. We are essentially replacing our traditional, internal firewalls and depending completely on Guardicore to secure all of our applications.
Pros and Cons
- "The real bonus is the fact that we can secure applications, all the way down to the individual services, on each host. It's actually more granular security than we can get out of a traditional firewall."
- "The long-term management of the security policies could be improved with some kind of automation platform, something like Chef or Puppet or Ansible, to help you manage the policies after day-one... to then manage the policies and changes to those policies, going forward, through some type of automation process is not turning out to be really easy."
What other advice do I have?Think of all the possible scenarios that could apply to your network traffic and make sure you test those thoroughly in your PoC. Think about things like clustering, broadcast traffic, and all the different ways you want to be able to either restrict or group traffic. Run through the gambit of scenarios that you could imagine wanting when segmenting your network with a microsegmentation tool and test all of those as much as you can. We haven't run into any issues, but there have definitely been some instances where we assumed the product worked one way and, as a result, we went down a path for…
CTO at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Real UserTop 5
Apr 28, 2021
Stable with no downtime, responsive and knowledgeable support, and it scales well
What is our primary use case?In our company, we have a data center that has approximately 200 servers running Nutanix. We wanted to protect these servers from both internal and external attacks. By implementing Guardicore Centra, it has given us defense against attacks from the outside, as well as those that originate from inside of the organization. We protect Microsoft machines, as well as some that are running Linux. We also have an SAP HANA database that is protected by Guardicore.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the visibility of processes and connections."
- "In our version, when using the terminal server, we cannot exclude user tasks for each session."
What other advice do I have?We have been a little behind in updating our version. We have been using version 31 but today or tomorrow, we will upgrade to version 35 or 36. This product represents the next generation of protection. A lot of people have asked us, "What is the next generation of solution for protecting your internal network?" and the answer is this kind of segmentation. It may seem easier to stick to using traditional firewalls and LAN protection, but this next-generation tool is easier to implement and gives you a more effective network defense. Every time we see an area of improvement, they give us a new…
Learn what your peers think about Guardicore Centra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Infrastructure Analyst/Developer at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Real UserTop 20
Apr 27, 2021
Blocks active threats using threat intelligence
What is our primary use case?We are trying to centralize our firewalling as well as provide application segmentation and environment segmentation. We have a couple of aggregators onsite and the rest are on the cloud.
Pros and Cons
- "From day one, you get threat intelligence. It will immediately block active threats, which has been useful."
- "The maps could go a bit faster. They are useful but slightly slow."
What other advice do I have?Think about what you want out of the product and how your environments are set up. This will make it easier in the long run to deploy it. It is easy enough already, but if you know what you want from your environments, then the easier they will be to deploy. It has helped me to clarify our thoughts about our environments and which applications we want controlled. That is a top down view that we don't normally get when looking at our systems. It makes it easier to look at systems and think of what we have and what we need to do with them, controlling the traffic between them. Guardicore Centra…
The interface is very easy to use and provides good visibility
What is our primary use case?We are using Guardicore Centra mostly for security. I work in the cyber security department at MONEX, and we use this solution mostly for visibility. The product offers good visibility of what is going on in the network and the connections that the servers are making, regardless of the platform that they are on. They could be on-premise, on the cloud, or virtual. I'm recently working on micro-segmentation of our principal payment applications, like SWIFT.
What other advice do I have?Guardicore Centra is very easy to install. We have very good technical support. The product itself is very good and robust. In security, there are not many products that can do what it can do in terms of visibility, seeing what is going on in the server, and using the type of mapping that it gives you with the application. With the segmentation part, that is saving us a lot of money with traditional firewalls. It is a very good product. I would rate it a nine (out of 10). I think it lacks publicity. In my community, if you talk to another colleague and tell them about Guardicore Centra, they…
Corporate Operations Manager at University of Strathclyde
Real UserTop 10
Apr 25, 2021
Provides us an added layer of protection as well as user analytics that we can give to our company's directors
What is our primary use case?The primary use case was for segmentation. The range of platforms and operating systems that the solution covers seems good. Currently, we use it for all our Linux operating systems and some of our Windows environment. We just deployed agents to Guardicore in our data center. We are using the latest version of the solution.
Pros and Cons
- "We like the centralized management of the firewalls. Until we installed Guardicore Centra, we managed all our firewalls individually, so making changes was complicated, difficult, and time-consuming."
- "Sometimes, the speed needs improvement, especially when it comes to the generation of maps, where it can be a bit slow."
What other advice do I have?Start off with a small deployment and prove that it works. Once you get the benefit of that, then increase the deployment. That is what we did. We used the solution’s AI-powered segmentation, but then we tweaked it, because the rules that it created didn't really match the way that we worked. If you are going to accept the results of the AI, then it will speed things up a lot. In our case, we wanted to double-check everything and find our own way, so it probably didn't save us any time. The AI-powered segmentation is useful for taking a baseline segmentation, but you should check it yourself…
Senior Network Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Real UserTop 10
Oct 7, 2020
Get great visibility into vulnerabilities through micro-segmentation
What is our primary use case?We are a partner, not a customer. We would like to be in a position of trying to provide consultation for this solution and delivery of the product to clients. So, we have partnered with Guardicore in India and we are trying to sell this product and that is our primary use case. The primary use case that we are implementing this product for with clients is micro-segmentation.
Pros and Cons
- "This tool greatly helps in understanding the footprint of the attacks."
- "The interface and dashboard are amazing."
- "The product needs a few features like enhanced user policies and payload-level inspection to improve the offering."
What other advice do I have?Right now, I would definitely recommend Guardicore for someone who is looking into the micro-segmentation space or probably an internal firewall for the organization. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Guardicore Centra as probably an eight-out-of-ten. The interface and dashboard are amazing. I would rate the user interface as a ten-out-of-ten. For other reasons having to do with features and functionality, I have to mark them down a few points.
Security Engineer at INTRASYSTEMS LLC
Sep 24, 2019
An easily scalable and stable solution with a straightforward setup
Pros and Cons
- "The solution is very scalable, especially when connected to the cloud resources."
- "The dashboard needs improvement. It should be more flexible so that I can easily see what I want or need to see."
What other advice do I have?We're using the cloud deployment model. We use AWS and Azure for the solution. I would rate the solution eight out of ten. At the moment, when I use this product it's great. I'm satisfied with what it can do.
Network and Security Engineer at CS-Novidy’s
Apr 23, 2020
Provides excellent network and process visibility
What is our primary use case?This solution will be implemented in several environments for our collaborators.
Pros and Cons
- "Its deception features are great, providing a rich telemetry of lured origins, and are a great resource for any active defense strategy."
- "Needs more customization of honeypots and a vaster catalog of systems able to be mimicked."
Download our free Guardicore Centra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.