HCL Verse OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HCL Verse is #9 ranked solution in top Email Applications. IT Central Station users give HCL Verse an average rating of 10 out of 10. HCL Verse is most commonly compared to HCL Notes:HCL Verse vs HCL Notes. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is HCL Verse?

IBM Verse is a powerful email hosting solution that enables users to access their business communications from a laptop or desktop browser or from a mobile device. This email and business messaging experience is based on an innovative user-centric design, including social analytics and advanced search capabilities. IBM Verse helps users quickly find and focus on what content is most important, empowering them to build stronger working relationships while optimizing business results.

HCL Verse is also known as Verse, IBM Verse.

Download the Email Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

HCL Verse Customers

Canon Marketing Japan Inc., Australian Trade Commission, BTC, Havas, Canal Barge Co.Inc., RAVInvest, Elemental Path, WDR mediagroup

HCL Verse Video

Archived HCL Verse Reviews (more than two years old)

Carlo-Guarino
President at gt tech
A stable solution for mail and messaging

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT system integrator and this is one of the products that we provide to our clients. This solution has both on-premises and cloud-based deployments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the mail server.

What needs improvement?

This is an affordable solution but the price could be improved. Security is very important to us, so improvements to this functionality are welcome.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This is a stable product and we have had no big problems.

What is our primary use case?

This solution has both on-premises and cloud-based deployments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the mail server.

What needs improvement?

This is an affordable solution but the price could be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This is a stable product and we have had no big problems.

This is a scalable solution regardless of the deployment model. The cloud-based deployment is very scalable.

Since the acquisition of this solution, we are in a bridge between IBM support and HCL support. The IBM support was ok but we don't yet know if the support will be the same with HCL.

The initial setup of this solution depends on the deployment model.

A cloud-based implementation is straightforward.

An on-premises deployment can be more complex because this is a very big product.

Our team handled the deployment of this solution for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has been acquired by HCL.

This solution is the best one.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

it_user660054
MDM Administrator at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
HTML mail with MIME pictures are displayed correctly. Draft synchronization is enabled.

What is most valuable?

Previously, users were not able to synchronize draft emails created and saved in Lotus Notes to the mobile device and in the opposite direction. This simply was not supported.

After we switched to the Verse app, users appreciated this synchronization function. They can use already saved drafts from Lotus Notes and later process the email operation from a mobile device.

How has it helped my organization?

It is better and easier to work with mail and a calendar on the mobile device.

What needs improvement?

Task (To Do) is not a component of Verse for iOS devices.

I have used IBM Verse for two months.

We have not yet had any scalability issues.

Because the extended MDM environment is not covered only by IBM, we didn’t have any major troubles with support. It is quite good.

We used the native iOS Mail and Calendar applications. We switched to Verse because of enhanced features, better design, and higher security.

The setup was not very easy due to higher security standards. But we finally accomplished it without any major troubles.

We did not look at alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is a component of the MobileIron Mobile Application Management environment and supports higher security settings.

Product Categories
Email Applications
Download our free Email Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about HCL, Microsoft, Google, and more!
Quick Links