HelpSystems AutoMate Overview

HelpSystems AutoMate is the #14 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: HelpSystems AutoMate vs UiPath

What is HelpSystems AutoMate?
Modular dealership management system that includes service dispatching, accounts payable, vehicle merchandising, parts invoicing.

HelpSystems AutoMate is also known as AutoMate.

HelpSystems AutoMate Buyer's Guide

Download the HelpSystems AutoMate Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

HelpSystems AutoMate Customers
Aldergrove Financial Group, Preferred Health Professionals, Mindbeam Technologies, First Credit Union in British Columbia, Vestcom International, Prime Liberty Benefits, University of Tampa, CNLBancshares, World Precision Instruments, BJ's Restaurants, Globe Pequot Press, Accudata Technologies, Norton Healthcare, Pacific Toxicology Laboratories
HelpSystems AutoMate Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HelpSystems AutoMate pricing:
  • "While solutions like UiPath and Blue Prism cost around $11,000-$12,000 for each license, this product costs around $7,000 and you can keep it forever."
  • "I like the way this solution is priced because you can buy a license, or you can buy the software outright."
  • "It comes with a package that costs approximately $20,000 USD per year."

JP
Product Manager - RPA at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Great technical support, with lots of features added regularly and very good scalability capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for giving the sessions to the clients and trying to get them to set up AutoMate in their organization and also help them to design and create a workflow. For example, one of our clients, for a healthcare chain, was having a lot of COVID patients coming in in 2020. Their SAP systems are on 15(16) Field information had to go on to the Department of Health site, as all the blood samples are tested in the government hospitals. There were lab technicians keeping the SAP application open and they were copying all these 15(16) Fields of 2000 patients end of the day into… more »

• "The solution is continuously adding more integrations to help with workflows and bot and task creation."
  • "Some companies have asked for voice integration. This is likely part of the roadmap."

What other advice do I have?

We are a distributor - a value-added distributor that has the knowledge and expertise. We will combine products of HelpSystems and give to clients the tools as they require them. Many clients have more than one HelpSystems product, for example. Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
FS
RPA Architect & RPA Product Owner at Francisco Sosa
Affordable with good licensing and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to automate some repetitive tasks which we execute in IT areas, such as backups, for instance. Also, we developed a systems support enterprise related to the transport industry that captures information that comes from electronic sources like Excel and other types of forms. In addition, we also make prototypes supporting the inbox and in the backend. The system looks for information that the user requests.

• "The licensing of the product is very good. You only need to license it once and then you have it forever."
  • "The solution has a very weak knowledge base."

What other advice do I have?

We're currently using some version of release 8 or nine. I can't recall the exact version. The company I worked for was a consulting firm. I'd recommend the solution as it is it's a very good tool. If you want to try it, you can simply download it and use it contract-free for about a month. That can be expanded to maybe another 30 days if you really want to test the tool to see what it can do for you. It's very useful and easy to use. I'd work to develop a relationship with the local representative as they can answer any questions a company might have and can give some really good advice as…
Learn what your peers think about HelpSystems AutoMate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
FI
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly with great no-coding functionality but needs a better user interface

What is our primary use case?

We didn't actually deploy the solution. It was basically testing the product. It was just some simple testing we were doing. We've tried downloading reports from the new RP system, using RPA, and doing some manual uploading from some PDF files into our ERP. It was just used for some super simple operations to try it out and get a feel for it.

• "I actually quite liked the no-coding functionality."
  • "It's possible that they could use a stronger community for seeking guidance and help."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. So far, from my limited experience, I would recommend the solution to other organizations. However, based on my limited understanding of the product, as I haven't used it for too long just yet, I would rate it at a seven out of ten.
Jack Frano
Principal at Adaptive Growth, Inc
Reseller
Good technical support and the drag and drop interface makes it easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Adaptive Growth is a reseller for HelpSystems' AutoMate Robotic Process Automation software system. Our primary target markets are manufacturing and distribution companies. We also feel that nursing homes and trucking companies are markets that RPA will provide tremendous benefits in operational cost reductions. HelpSystem's PDF and email integration into business software workflows is a great benefit for most any company.

• "The most valuable feature is the drag-and-drop interface, which is very Windows-like."
  • "The vendor is currently working on a solution that allows us to automatically create a process that is based on a document that we receive via email."

What other advice do I have?

Our advice for any company who is implementing RPA including AutoMate is to make sure that the requirements for a specific process are clearly defined and documented. Overall, we find that this is a good product and it's easy to learn and implement. A buyer of Automate RTA never has to become dependent on an RPA implementation company or a consulting firm and its associated costs. That said, the principals at AGI have been in the software industry for 35 plus years selling and implementing software systems that address critical business requirements and expectations, we know that a software…
Omayra Marchany
Chief Administrative Officer at rpa total centroamerica
Good pricing, with great Azure integration and very good forms

What is our primary use case?

With Automate, as an example, if I have a supplier that provides me with items in bulk, the bot of the system will take the bulk order and divide it into individual units for sales. If the company that supplies me also charges for transportation, the system will divide those costs among each item so that I am invoicing and charging correctly when I am selling items on an individual basis. It does this based on the rules I set up on my end. It basically takes the work of many people and automates it.

• "The pricing is excellent. I would give them perfect marks in that regard."
  • "The technical support could be better. We suffer from language barriers, as we are in Argentina."

What other advice do I have?

We are a representative of the company. We are integrators and HelpSystems partners and we sell the platform to companies in Costa Rica, Central America, and Puerto Rico. We do the integration for clients. Therefore, we do the mapping, and we do the bots also. We are using the latest version of the solution. However, I'm not sure what the exact number is. I would advise others to have an expert that understands the solution assist in the onboarding process. The platform can be very good. It is really good. However, if you don't have experts to train your people and also to implement the…
Ton Roelandse
Senior Principal @ Trexin - an Architecting Delivery Executive and Fairy Duster in Chief at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good scheduling features, but there is no auto-record functionality and it needs to be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the RPA products that we have evaluated for our clients. We do have experience with it because one of our clients has been using it. However, this is not the right tool for our clients and I would not be comfortable bringing it up. It is used for very rudimentary stored-procedure automation. Basically, it is for running scripts.

• "The most valuable features for my client are timing and scheduling."
  • "They do not encrypt passwords, so this is an issue with HIPAA compliance."

What other advice do I have?

HelpSystems is a smaller company, so they are able to give their customers a lot of attention. I would say that on a small scale, this is a good low-code alternative. On the other hand, if you are looking for something more mature then it is not the right company. I would rate this solution a four out of ten.
LP
Chief Technology Officer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
An interface that is intuitive and easy to use, and it saves us time spent on manual processes

What is our primary use case?

Our use case for this solution is in the HR department. We are a company that has external consultants that perform services for other companies, and each employee has to give us reports describing their hours each month. Based on these reports, we charge the customer accordingly. We have PDF files that are scanned and sent to us by phone. These are from our employees on the customer's site, and our human resources personnel review them afterward. The reports are compared with our in-house system, the files are reviewed, and the hours are approved. Once this is complete, an invoice is sent to… more »

• "The interface is simple, user-friendly, and very intuitive."
  • "The OCR for Hebrew text needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

There are third-party applications that integrate with AutoMate, although we did not have a need to use any of them. Overall, this is a pretty nice product and I really recommend it because it is very easy to use. We also save a lot of money, just with one bot. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
John Helbert Gonzalez Torres
Automation Architect at Credibanco
Good machine learning, easy to set up, and offers very helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution in order to automate manual processes in our operations.

• "This tool has machine learning and voice recognition and computer vision, which are both quite useful aspects. These aren't available in other tools. It's a good addition to this tool and it gives the solution an edge on the market."
  • "The interface could be more user-friendly and easier to navigate."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-users. I would recommend the solution. It's one of those solutions that are helpful in terms of reaching our goals and we've mostly been quite satisfied with its capabilities. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Download our free HelpSystems AutoMate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.