HGST SSD Overview
What is HGST SSD?
The new high performance Ultrastar 12Gb/s SAS SSD family supports applications requiring fast and reliable data storage, such as online transaction processing, cloud computing, online gaming, and big data analytics. Its features and benefits include:
- Enterprise-level write endurance –Three options to balance write endurance, write performance, and cost: Ultrastar SSD800MH.B with 25 full random drive writes per day (DW/D), for five years, Ultrastar SSD1600MM with 10 DW/D, and Ultrastar SSD1600MR for read-intensive applications.
- Highest level of product reliability – Continuing HGST’s industry-leading track record in enterprise storage quality with a reliability specification of 2 million hours MTBF and a five-year limited warranty.
- Broad range of capacities – Available in capacities of 250GB to 1.6TB for the read-intensive Ultrastar SSD1600MR, 200GB to 1.6TB for the mainstream endurance Ultrastar SSD1600MM, and 100GB to 800GB for the high endurance Ultrastar SSD800MH.B.
- High performance levels – Supports throughputs of up to 1,100 MB/s along with random read and random write performance of up to 130,000 and 110,000 IOPS, respectively.
- Choice of security options – A comprehensive set of data security options including Instant Secure Erase (ISE), Self-Encrypting Drives (SED), and TCG enterprise SED with FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 certification.
HGST SSD Customers
LinkedIn, Flipkart, Oracle, Fluidata, Gridstore
HGST SSD Video