Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Overview

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series is the #16 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to Dell EMC Unity XT: Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series vs Dell EMC Unity XT

What is Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series?

RETHINK YOUR DEFINITION OF SPEED AND PERFORMANCE

With adaptive, guaranteed data reduction and a 100% data-availability guarantee, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F series helps you tackle complicated business challenges. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) VSP F series delivers up to 4.8M IOPS with sub-millisecond response times.
Featuring legendary Hitachi reliability, VSP F series arrays are backed by the industries only 100% availability guarantee. For these reasons, 80% of the Fortune 500 choose Hitachi all-flash arrays to accelerate the performance of mission-critical applications like Oracle, SAP, Virtualization, Microsoft apps etc. With over 350 patents in flash technology, Hitachi’s innovative mix of flash hardware and software accelerates ROI with enterprise-class reliability and performance.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Customers

Turkcell, Owens Corning, Region Nord, Net Credit Financial Group (NFC Group), Russian Railways

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series pricing:
  • "When you are looking for high-end solutions such as this, price is less important than stability and availability."
  • "This solution is cheaper than Dell EMC VMAX. When you are looking for a high-end solution, price matters, but availability and stability are more important than the price."
  • "It is expensive as compared to other vendors, but its price is good if you are looking for stability, reliability, performance, and security."
  • "I would like to see better pricing and more discounts."
  • "This is an expensive solution."

MahdiBahmani
Solution Architect, IT Consultant at Merdasco - Rayan Merdas Data Prosseccing
Virtual Storage Platform is the brand name for a Hitachi Data Systems line of computer data storage systems for data centers

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I work with a lot of different SAN products, depending on the needs of the customers. we have implemented this solution, as well as the G series, for some of our clients. I have a project right now that involves revising and fine-tuning a storage network. This network contains two Hitatch VSP G Series units. There is not a major difference between the F Series and the G Series. Both of them are enterprise-scale and efficient for many data centers. It is used as primary storage in industries such as banking, automotive, health care, and insurance. Large companies… more »

• "This is one of the most stable, high-end solutions in this area."
  • "The interface should be simplified and made easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

Day to day, everything changes in the field of IT. I have done a lot of research on products such as this, and I have learned that we are going to have a lot more data in 2020. This huge amount of data means that you need the right platform for processing data quickly. More than before, we need a platform that can process large amounts of data in less than ten milliseconds. One such platform is the Hitachi VSP, with both good performance and availability. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
MahdiBahmani
Solution Architect, IT Consultant at Merdasco - Rayan Merdas Data Prosseccing
Storage for large mainframes that has stability and sustainability

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for storage in some industries such as banking, automotive, healthcare, and insurance companies. It is for large companies or companies with a large mainframe such as an IBM mainframe. Our primary use case was for core banking.

• "It is the most stable high-end solution in this area."
  • "The installation procedure it a bit difficult, because it is a high-end solution. With this type of product, the original company is interested in doing the setup for customers in the area, but because of sanctions we were not able to get support in our area. We faced many issued trying to learn to run this product."

What other advice do I have?

The main functions in the G series and F series are the same, but if a customer is looking for high interoperability, then they should go for the F Series. It's an attractive solution with several special features. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MO
Product Manager at Storageone
Reseller
A resilient solution with good stability, reliability, performance, and security

What is our primary use case?

I am not an end user. I present the solution to customers. I study a customer's infrastructure and suggest a product based on the customer's needs, such as latency or IOPS performance. I usually work with VSP F700 and F900 models.

• "Its resilience is the most valuable."
  • "Hitachi should launch some small machines in Brazil. The smallest machine here in Brazil is VSP 350, which can be quite big for some of the customers. In China, Hitachi has small models of this equipment, but those models are not available in our region. Its pricing is a big issue for us. We are resellers, and we face some competition from other vendors. Hitachi doesn't always have a good position in terms of the price. Its user interface is also not as good as some of the other competitors, and it can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series an eight out of ten.
Adeniyi Oluwole
Senior Product Manager at Mitsumi Nigeria Limited
Reseller
Detects bugs and it is very accurate and reliable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for bug detection.

• "This is one of the most reliable and dependable products on the market."
  • "In the next version I would like to see additional features like artificial intelligence and an increase in the amount of data it can store."

What other advice do I have?

The F series is a very accurate solution and it does what I want it to do. In the next version, I would like to see additional features like artificial intelligence and an increase in the amount of data it can store. The storage solution should be able to discover the internet force that is coming up so that you can discover them beforehand. The solution should be able to grab information from what the customer has been doing with the environment and then give the customer new solutions. On a scale of one to ten, my rating is eight.
MR
Storage Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Customers get one hundred percent availability and its firmware is very compatible

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to monitor the use of products from other vendors. Its firmware is very compatible.

• "I am happy about the storage system and availability."
  • "In the next version I would like to see more intelligence."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I rate this solution an eight. My advice to others who are trying to buy all-flash storage would be to go and take a look at the core storage products. I don't mean the hardware part, I mean the software part, in other words, the data protection layer. The storage layer is a broad layer. You have the main storage, you have the data protection of storage and you have the storage networking. All these layers matter and you will need something in the background on the data protection layer to be able to get the data at the other end.
AB
Team Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable hardware that is straightforward to set up, and the interface is improving

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for everything. It's a maximum workload. We use the rackmount for virtual workloads, databases, applications, centralized workflows, Hadoop, and Big Data.

• "The feature I like best is the stability of the hardware."
  • "They should look at the cost because there are other vendors who offer the same cost with more features."

DM
Chief System Engineer at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Review about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for storage. I have a gateway to H-Net, which is where all my file systems are, and I have all my virtual environments on this solution.
OS
Technical Consultant at a wholesaler/distributor with 5,001-10,000 employees
Works well in all deployment models, but it is expensive and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor and we sell storage solutions, including the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform. We do not work with this solution in the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can use it with all deployment models.

What needs improvement?

The user interface should be made simpler because it is difficult to manage. Technical support needs to be improved. Lowering the price of this solution would be an improvement.

I don't like Hitachi's technical support. They are there but it is not perfect and they are not very much help.

The initial setup is complex. The length of time required for deployment depends on what you want to do,…
See 1 more Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Reviews
Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell EMC, Pure Storage, and more!