Helder Valente
Infrastructure and Networks at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, stable, scalable, no licensing fees, and good support

• "It works well and we don't have any issues with this solution."
  • "I would like to see more storage, a better interface, and to move from mechanical disks."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything. We have server files and we have SQL's.

What is most valuable?

It's a flexible solution.

What needs improvement?

Currently, we are finishing the possible quotation to upgrade the 3PAR we have here in Portugal.

It's a case of obsolescence. Since we have had the machine for four years we must remove the old one to put in the new one.

I have been using this solution for four years.

We have had the solution for four years and the software has been updated.

It's a stable solution.

This is a scalable product. We have approximately 1,000 users in our organization.

We are considering the possibility of a move to Primera or PowerMax.

We have contacted technical support and it's pretty good.

We purchased VMAX three years ago.

We also used the NetApp Series but decided to go with 3PAR.

The initial setup is straightforward with the help of the technicians from the company.

The deployment was completed in one week.

We had help from a consulting integration company for the deployment.

We also have a production team of 34 admins and engineers to deploy and maintain this solution.

We don't pay for any licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend this solution to others.

It works well and we don't have any issues with it.

I would rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ a ten out of ten.

VK
GM at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Robust, feature-rich, straightforward to set up, and the support is good

• "This is a very robust product and it offers everything that we are looking for."
  • "There is a slight difference between what we expected and what was delivered."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as our primary storage.

We are in the manufacturing industry and we use the HPE 3PAR StoreServ to store our company data and then we can retrieve it as required.

What is most valuable?

All of the features this storage product has, work well.

This is a very robust product and it offers everything that we are looking for.

What needs improvement?

There is a slight difference between what we expected and what was delivered.

I have been working with HPE 3PAR StoreServ for the past three years.

This is a very stable storage solution and we plan to continue using it.

This product is scalable and we have more than 100 users. We are planning to increase the amount of storage space.

We are satisfied with the HP Enterprise technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

HPE installed it for us and we did not hire a third-party consultant to assist with it.

This product is a little bit costly, although this is because it is a high-quality product.

There was a one-time cost when we procured this product and there are no monthly or yearly licensing fees.

We purchased this solution with an open tender and we invited several vendors to present their products.

What other advice do I have?

In general, this product works well. That said, it is not perfect because there is always a difference between what we expect and what is delivered. There has to be a gap.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MD
Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Scalable, highly stable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The main use for this solution is for storing large data in the backend. It is used in many companies, such as financial institutions. Unfortunately, it has come to the end of service life, companies are going to other solutions because there are cheaper products, it cost too much to maintain the 3PAR.

What needs improvement?

HPE could improve by making an old flash system in order to compete with the current market. For the solution to be more competitive in the mid-range market they could increase the performance.

I have been using HPE 3PAR StoreServ for approximately 10 years.

The solution is very stable.

What do I think about the scalability of the

What needs improvement?

I have been using HPE 3PAR StoreServ for approximately 10 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable and we have approximately 10 customers using this solution.

The technical support is very good.

The time it takes for the installation depends on the number of enclosures. However, the average time is approximately six hours. The most time-consuming part is doing the scaling.

Most of the installation is done by the HPE because at the time of the installation there were not any engineers trained. We had approximately two engineers that were new to the product and we did the installation with the help of the HPE engineers remotely.

We have three engineers doing the maintenance of the solution.

If HPE reduced the price of 3PAR StoreServ they would be more attractive to mid-range companies.

What other advice do I have?

At this time I would not recommend this solution because it is at the end of its service life.

I rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ a nine out of ten.

AT
Director of Technology Services at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
Secure, stable, scalable, and has good support

• "The interface could be improved to match the system."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our financial system.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be improved to match the system.

The initial setup could be simplified.

I have been using HPE 3PAR StoreServ for three years.

We are using a 3PAR 8800.

HPE 3PAR StoreServ is a stable solution. We haven't had it go down.

It's a scalable solution.

Our experience with technical support was good.

We did not use any other solution previously.

The initial setup was complex.

I would suggest that you don't install it on your own, and you get help from an HPE solution provider or an architect to assist you with that.

We had help from an HPE solution provider.

You are not spending that money to truly get ROI on the equipment. You are basically trusting that device to keep you safe.

We have had it for three years and we haven't had one hiccup. It was money well spent. The $60,000 was well spent.

We purchased the total package for approximately $60,000. That was purchasing it outright.

We are an HP shop. It was natural for us to go with HPE for the storage solution. When we were looking, there were other solutions out there such as Dell EMC but we opted not to go with them. We decided to stick with an HPE brand solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ and eight out of ten.

PS
    Storage Infrastructure Engineer at Cambridge Health Alliance
    Full featured, great support, and easy to use

• "HPE 3PAR StoreServ is easy to use, fully featured and has a great graphical user interface."
    • "The configuration and flexibility should improve."

What is our primary use case?

We use HPE 3PAR StoreServ for all the storage needs for the hospital I work at.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE 3PAR StoreServ has improved our organization from its ease of use and high availability.

What is most valuable?

HPE 3PAR StoreServ is easy to use, fully featured, and has a great graphical user interface.

What needs improvement?

The configuration and flexibility should improve.

I have been using HPE 3PAR StoreServ for approximately seven years.

I have found the stability to be very high.

HPE 3PAR StoreServ is scalable but it has limits.

We have approximately 5,000 users using this solution across all departments. The solution is being extensively used in our organization.

The vendor support is very helpful.

The configuration is difficult but we had help from HPE 3PAR StoreServ. The whole process of the implementation took approximately one week.

We used vendor support to help us with the implementation of HPE 3PAR StoreServ. The representative was excellent.

We have one administrator that does the maintenance and upgrades of the solution.

The licensing cost for HPE 3PAR StoreServ is expensive.

We have evaluated the IBM FlashSystem solution and we are switching everything over from HPE 3PAR StoreServ.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution would be to find a good reseller who has expertise in HPE 3PAR StoreServ.

I rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ an eight out of ten.

LB
    Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good speed, stable, and easy to scale

• "The speed is very good."
    • "This solution only provides active-passive replication, as opposed to active-active."

What is our primary use case?

I want to build a MetroCluester in VMware.

What is most valuable?

The speed is very good.

What needs improvement?

This solution only provides active-passive replication, as opposed to active-active. Competing products also provide active-active replication.

Adding support for Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) would be an improvement.

I have been using HPE 3PAR StoreServ for more than seven years.

3PAR is a stable product.

This solution is easy to scale. It is done online.

I have been in contact with technical support and I would rate them an eight or nine out of ten. They are very good.

I am also using HPE Nimble.

I also have experience with HPE Primera, which is a better product. It's a merge of 3PAR and Nimble and it's a more stable storage solution.

If I were comparing a group of products then I would rate StorageWorks MSA a five, Nimble a seven, 3PAR an eight, Primera a nine, and StorageWorks XP a ten.

The initial setup is very simple.

The installation and configuration are quick. You can complete them in one or two hours, which is fast.

The deployment and maintenance are done in-house.

We are always using the latest version because I upgrade every year.

Mesut KARACA
    Responsible for information processing at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Stable with a long shelf life and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as on-prem with local SAP HANA application servers. We have five of them.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any malfunctions with it at all. The product lasts a very long time without having to be replaced. It's had a very long life.

What needs improvement?

As long as they can keep the solution stable, it will be good. Stability is very important to us.

We've been using the solution for three months at this point.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any issues in that respect in the time we've used it. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches.

What do I think about

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any malfunctions with it at all.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for three months at this point.

We have more than 1,000 users on the product currently.

The technical support has been very helpful. They are responsive and knowledgeable and we've enjoyed working with them. They tend to know if there are any issues before we can even catch anything.

The initial setup was not complex or difficult. It was pretty straightforward and easy.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with HPE.

I'd recommend the product to others. We've only ever had a good experience with it.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

GA
    Senior technical and storage expert at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    User-friendly, best technical support, but needs more stability and capacity

• "It is easy to set up, easy to use, and user-friendly. It is easier to work with HPE 3PAR than with Hitachi. Its technical support is also good."
    • "It is suitable for medium-sized businesses and data centers with less number of users and less important data. It is not really an enterprise-level solution. It needs more capacity. It is also not really stable. It should be more stable. It should also support any server model. It is really weak in this area."

What is our primary use case?

It is used in data centers. We are using HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8400.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to set up, easy to use, and user-friendly. It is easier to work with HPE 3PAR than with Hitachi. Its technical support is also good.

What needs improvement?

It is suitable for medium-sized businesses and data centers with less number of users and less important data. It is not really an enterprise-level solution. It needs more capacity.

It is also not really stable. It should be more stable. It should also support any server model. It is really weak in this area.

I have been working with this solution for three years.

It is not really stable. It should be more stable.

Its scalability is good, but it needs a bigger capacity for an enterprise data center. We have around 1,000 users.

Their technical support is really good. HP is the best in terms of technical support.

The initial setup is easy. It is easier to install than Hitachi. You need two or three people for its deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Hitachi over this solution. We plan to keep using this solution because it is useful for one or two of our projects.

I would rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ a seven out of ten.

Download our free HPE 3PAR StoreServ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.