HPE Cloud Object Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Cloud Object Storage is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Storage tools. It is most often compared to Dropbox: HPE Cloud Object Storage vs Dropbox

What is HPE Cloud Object Storage?

HPE Cloud Object Storage is also known as HP Cloud Object Storage.

Download the Cloud Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

HPE Cloud Object Storage Customers

China Merchants Bank, Hexaware, Snagajob

HPE Cloud Object Storage Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Cloud Object Storage pricing:
  • "Licensing is based on a per terabyte basis."

HPE Cloud Object Storage Reviews

MA
Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to set up, stable, and provides file sharing capability

• "One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing."
  • "Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of hardware and solutions from manufacturers. We provide solutions for our clients.

There are many uses, but primarily to help their backups go faster. It takes too long to use the traditional backup tools, we go through Cohesity using object storage.

What is most valuable?

One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing. It is not a NAS it is a way to give access to analytics, devops, staging etc.

What needs improvement?

Canada is not a big market for HPE. They offered a solution called Cloud Volumes that are based in Europe or in the U.S. Because of compliance reasons, it is not hosted in Canada.

Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country.

We would like it to be available to our clients in Canada as it is cheaper than going to AWS, Azure, or Google.

I would like to see the storage available to connect with other external solutions, other than just HPE. It is currently only available on their hardware. For example, for a customer who does not have HPE hardware, they should be able to connect or interact with the cloud volumes.

I have been dealing with HPE Cloud Object Storage for a year.

The feedback from our clients is that it is very stable. They are very happy with it.

Updates are completed on a regular basis and well documented.

HPE Cloud Object Storage is scalable. You can add to it at any time, it's a matter of paying for it. As you want more space you get it instantaneously.

We started as a small company with 30 employees. We were recently purchased by a larger company and we now have 1500 employees.

I haven't had to contact technical support, but I know that it's mainly an HPE support center. As far as I know, the support they offer is good.

The initial setup is extremely simple. It's a portal where you pay for a subscription and you are ready to go. It's easy.

HPE does all of the maintenance, it's just a matter of connecting. You can do the updates yourself, but normally they are done through your support contract. Updates are required to be able to connect to the cloud. Updates are completed approximately twice a year.

Licensing is based on a per terabyte basis. It's a matter of how much you need, then you pay on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very competitive solution as long as you have it in the country of your choice and it meets with the compliance requirements, then it's okay.

I would check it out and compare it to other similar providers.

Research it well, and make sure that it meets your needs and requirements.

I would rate HPE Cloud Object Storage a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
AB
CIO System Management at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reduces costs, increases our efficiency and has good optimization features

• "I like the easy and fast configuration."
  • "The user interface needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

We use the program to provide services to our clients and then we use it ourselves for internal usage and to test environments. We provide test environments for overall IT systems, which we then offer to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Using HPE Cloud Object Storage reduces our costs because we have reduced complexity to deploy things to outside roles. It, therefore, increases our efficiency in parallel.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable are the fast deployment, management, and the optimization features. The user interface, although it isn't very fast, is good because it's easy to understand how to deploy it. So I like the easy and fast configuration.

What needs improvement?

So far, I haven't noticed anything that needs to improve, but perhaps the user interface could be a little better so that one could get into the relevant menus faster.

I have been using HPE Cloud Object Storage for five years now.

I believe the program is stable and we're very confident that this is the right solution for our needs.

We don't plan to increase our usage soon, but I believe the program is scalable.

We haven't had any technical issues so far.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took us two or three days for deployment and to finish everything. I didn't use any help of an integrator, seller or consultant because I have a storage consultant from HPE who explained to me how the system should be deployed and then we did it on our own. So he was only assisting remotely.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to 10, I will rate HPE Cloud Object Storage a nine, because I think the user interface could be better so that one could get into the relevant menus faster.

Product Categories
Cloud Storage
Download our free Cloud Storage Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dropbox, Nasuni, and more!