HPE EVA Reviews

rating
SeniorSys077442
Senior System Engineer with 51-200 employees
Jun 13 2018

What is most valuable?

It has never failed and I have never lost data due to failure.

How has it helped my organization?

In general, my boss feels that HPE's prices are very high. In the future we will probably buy a cheaper system. Regarding EVA itself, it's an old system. If I had to suggest an improvement it would be good if they used active-active... more»

What other advice do I have??

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor are * price * dedupe * compression. I rate EVA a 10 out of 10 because of its stability, ease of maintenance, ease of setup, Snapshots, and good user interface.
VladimirKaploun
User
Senior Technology Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Feb 22 2018

What do you think of HPE EVA?

Primary Use Case: Our Development/UAT environment used SAN and this array provided the dev space for it. We use two devices (EVA4400 and EVA 6300 for dev/UAT, but not for production). • Improvements to My Organization: There have been no fail-stop failures for the last five years. • Valuable Features: Reliability Performance  We cannot stop this SAN array. It has never failed since it was started. We have not had a problem with it at all. • Room for Improvement: Performance could probably be improve with faster controllers, but it is already an old device. We do have performance problems now, but it is a rather old device, so we have what we have. • Use of Solution: More than five years. • Stability Issues: It is very stable. • Customer Service and...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About HPE EVA

Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, NetApp and others in Modular SAN.
291,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.

HPE EVA Questions

HPE EVA Projects By Members

HPE EVA Consultants

What is HPE EVA?

Lean IT budgets require more efficient ways of managing data. Driving business growth and agility requires simple yet flexible storage that reduces costs while maintaining application availability. With an installed base of over 100,000, mid-sized organizations count on HP EVA Storage. This fifth-generation, virtualized storage array provides availability while increasing productivity and capacity utilization.
Also known as
EVA P6000 series, HP EVA
HPE EVA customers
Bank Simpanan Nasional, EDF, Saint Mary's University, Thomson Reuters
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Modular SAN solution is right for you?

Download our free Modular SAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, NetApp, and more!