HPE Intelligent Management Center OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Intelligent Management Center is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to Cisco Prime: HPE Intelligent Management Center vs Cisco Prime

What is HPE Intelligent Management Center?

HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) is a comprehensive management platform that was built from the ground up to support the Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, Security (FCAPS) model. It provides features and functions that are designed for comprehensive management of the network infrastructure. IMC was designed to provide the following functions:

• Supports the ITIL operational center of excellence IT practices model.
  • Uses a single-pane management paradigm to enable end-to-end business management of IT services
  • Provides scalability by supporting distributed and hierarchical system architectures, through additional operating system and database support.
  • Uses an SOA model to provide full resource, service, and user management.
  • Enables integration of traditionally separate management tools using a modular design.
  • Enables enterprises to expand their infrastructure management in scale and to seamlessly accommodate new technologies at the same time.

HPE Intelligent Management Center is also known as HPE IMC.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

HPE Intelligent Management Center Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Intelligent Management Center pricing:
  • "There are licensing costs and they are quite expensive."
  • "The price of this solution is not at all cheap, but it's reasonable compared to SolarWinds."

HPE Intelligent Management Center Reviews

Alexis Koch
Network and security manager at SICIO
Good Monitoring and reporting, but they need more integration with third-party devices

• "It's a very complete product with a lot of functionality."
  • "HPE Intelligent Management Center is a bit slow."

What is our primary use case?

I use HP-IMC for monitoring switches and bandwitch, to deploy new firmware and great maps.

How has it helped my organization?

Dynamic maps with links auto-discovery allows you to control your Visio maps. You also can plan firmware updates on non working hours without doing it yourself.

What is most valuable?

It's a very complete product with a lot of functionality.

You can deploy a firmware on a schedule.

It allows you to monitor all of your equipment. It is not only limited to HPE.

You have many report options that you can customize and there are several templates available.

What needs improvement?

HPE Intelligent Management Center is a bit slow.

It is not a VM performance issue:  CPU and memory utilization are not full, but it is still slow when you navigate from one menu to another.

I would like to see full support for third-party devices. We can monitor any third-party devices with SNMP, but we can only deploy firmwares on few.

I have been using HPE Intelligent Management Center for seven years.

HPE Intelligent Management Center is a stable product. We have not encountered any major issues with it. We have had some bugs but very few.

I have not contacted technical support. The only time I needed support, I was able to find the solution on the HPE forums.

There are a some very helpful people on the HPE Forums who know the product very well and I have always been able to find the answers I have needed there.

I used Nagios/Centreon, but I didn't manage to do configuration ou firmware management with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HPE Intelligent Management Center a seven out of ten.

AR
Team Leader Security Operations with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use with a good interface but the integration and stability need improvements

• "The most valuable feature is the interface and its ease of use."
  • "The integration with other network devices needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

The main use of this solution is to do patch management, especially for HP products.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the interface and its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other network devices needs improvement.

The stability could be improved, as well as the price, which could be reduced.

I would like to see better integration.

I have been using this solution for more than eight years.

It's not a stable solution. It took us some time to get stable.

At this time we have five people who are using this solution.

We will be using this product for some time.

We have not contacted technical support recently.

Previously, we did not use a different solution. This was the first product for managing our switches.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It took us three months to deploy.

We did not use a reseller, consultant, or integrator for the deployment. We did it ourselves.

There are licensing costs and they are quite expensive. However, there are no costs in addition to the licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

If you have HP devices, I would recommend this solution. If you do not have HP, then I would not recommend this product for you.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Extreme, Huawei and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: October 2021.
543,089 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Willem Vrugt
Network Administrator at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good infrastructure monitoring capabilities and reasonably priced, but more modules should be included

• "The most useful feature is infrastructure monitoring including switches and servers."
  • "I would like to see additional modules included."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for end-to-end network monitoring.

This is a module tool and we are only using the base platform. We are not using many additional modules.

What is most valuable?

We are satisfied with the user interface, and the compatibility with other products.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see additional modules included.

We have been using the HPE Intelligent Management Center for almost a decade.

This is a stable solution.

It is fairly well scalable, as you only have to buy additional licenses.

I have not recently been in contact with technical support.

We worked with HP OpenView for a while, as well as a very old version of the Cisco Monitoring Tool, but that is absolutely obsolete.

What other advice do I have?

I am not sure if this product is still available on the market because I recently looked into HPE Aruba, and visited Aruba Central, and IMC isn't mentioned in their portfolio for monitoring at the moment. For this reason, I am in doubt that it is still supported and have started searching for alternatives.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.