LL
Product Manager at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good performance and processor, with a good support system for assistance

• "The performance and the processor are good."
  • "I would like to see an added feature to auto-fix, or a dynamic alerting system on storage."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We provide products to our customers.

Unfortunately, we were not able to sell this product because it is too expensive. We use it in our own cloud. We created a VMware VCPP cloud to provide VMware services to our enterprise customers.

What is most valuable?

The performance and the processor are good.

HPE has very good technology in terms of storage, and they have very good support assistance.

What needs improvement?

The problem is the price. It needs to be improved.

I would like to see an added feature to auto-fix, or a dynamic alerting system on storage. This is very important because we would like to prevent a disk failure before it happens.

If we had some sort of AI in place to alert us then we could replace the disk before it occurs.

Also, we would like to receive alerts if space is over the limits. This is necessary for us.

I have been selling HPE Nimble Storage for a few months.

It's very stable.

It's a scalable product. We have one POC user in our organization.

Technical support is good. HPE has a good channel system in Taiwan.

Previously, we used Dell.

Nimble Storage is too expensive for our enterprise customers.

What other advice do I have?

We are still trying other products. HPE GreenLake has very nice packaging. It's a financial program, and we used Nimble through this financing program. We didn't purchase it, we were testing.

We are still testing other products, such as Dell Storage.

We have some local storage vendors, so we are not formally using it in production.

We are not able to recommend this product as we are still in the testing phase. We are still doing the POC tests.

Ricardo Buysse
HPE Technical Support Manager at Servicios GZ, C.A.
Can manage storage requirements and can be rapidly deployed

• "The fact that you can manage the requirements is one the most valuable features of HPE Nimble Storage. The other is the rapid deployment time."
  • "I think the scalability of HPE Nimble Storage could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We currently work with banks and insurance companies, who are our primary customers with regard to HPE Nimble Storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients have been very happy with this solution and like the fact that it is very easy to install. They have also had no problems with migration.

What is most valuable?

The fact that you can manage the requirements is one the most valuable features of HPE Nimble Storage. The other is the rapid deployment time.

Our customers are also happy that they can easily manage the requirements from the very beginning.

What needs improvement?

I think the scalability of HPE Nimble Storage could be improved.

In Venezuela, we have to purchase the solution for two years and cannot obtain a secondary storage platform. So from my perspective, the scalability is not as easy as that of 3PAR StoreServ or HPE Primera.

I have used this solution for two years.

Our clients have not reported any issues, so I think that HPE Nimble Storage is very stable.

The scalability of this solution is not great in comparison to that of 3PAR StoreServ or HPE Primera.

Most of our clients used 3PAR StoreServ and HPE Primera.

The initial setup is very easy.

I think HPE Nimble Storage is less expensive than Primera and is the best solution for Venezuela.

Our clients evaluated other options such as 3PAR StoreServ, HPE Primera, Pure Storage, and Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate HPE Nimble Storage at nine. It is less expensive than some of the other options and is very easy to install.

Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SV
Technical Specialist at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up, good documentation, and the mirroring is useful

• "The most valuable feature is data mirroring."
  • "Scalability, in terms of being able to scale out, is not easy and should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Nimble is one of the storage products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is data mirroring.

The documentation is good.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see the vendor upgrade the hardware.

I have been working with Nimble Storage for seven years.

This product is definitely stable and we use it on a daily basis.

Scaling up is easy, but scaling out is not easy.

We have a team of five people who are responsible for maintenance. There are a very large number of end-users.

I have never been in contact with technical support because we have sanctions that prohibit it. When I need assistance then I seek help in the community.

I have worked with other similar solutions and I find that there are no big differences between them.

The initial setup is very easy.

Once the solution has been delivered, I can set it up myself.

The pricing is better than some of the competitors, such as Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Nimble Storage is to perform a step-by-step deployment, and write down the steps as you go. This will ultimately save a lot of time if you experience any problems.

NV
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Stability at a price that we expect, but the non-standard dimensions create challenges

• "In the 20 days that we have been using this solution, it has been stable."
  • "The most difficult part about Nimble was the fact that it didn't have a standard length."

What is our primary use case?

We will be using this solution for virtualizing specific workloads that we have.

What needs improvement?

The most difficult part about Nimble was the fact that it didn't have a standard length. It had a prolonged length to standard servers, which made it slightly challenging to get it installed and we had to switch racks around.

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage for 20 days.

We are still in the installation phase, but will probably be using the latest version.

In the 20 days that we have been using this solution, it has been stable.

From what we have investigated, it's pretty scalable.

The preliminary test shows that it does what we want it to do. We will continue using this solution in the future.

We have approximately 20 users in our organization.

We have not contacted the technical support yet.

We have a team of five to maintain this product.

We had an HPE engineer install this solution. We purchased the installation package with it.

I would classify it as an expensive product. It's a high-end product.

It's quite expensive, but it's what you would expect from a storage box.

We evaluated Pure Storage FlashArray and IBM Storwize, which is now called IBM Flash Array.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I would recommend to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate HPE Nimble Storage a seven out of ten.

SQ
Infrastructure Specialist at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Simple to scale, helpful support, and stable

• "The most valuable feature is the NVMe flash storage."
  • "We would like there to be more enhanced features."

What is our primary use case?

We use HPE Nimble Storage as a storage solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the NVMe flash storage.

What needs improvement?

We would like there to be more enhanced features.

I have been using the solution HPE Nimble Storage for approximately one year.

The stability and performance are very good.

The solution is easy to scale, but there are some limitations. We would like to add more storage but there are certain limitations.

We have a small environment, and six people are using this solution in my organization on a daily basis.

We had some issues with the configuration and we contacted support. We were satisfied.

HPE did the implementation of the solution for us with their certified engineers and it took approximately one week.

HPE Nimble Storage is more expensive than some of the other solutions, such as Pure Storage. They charge more for every feature than other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

We are not utilizing the maximum functions. We are utilizing the protect facilities.

HPE Nimble Storage is a good solution. it is useable in a production environment. However, the useability all depends on the environment. After a year if you want to renew the support, or have enhancements it is going to cost you more. Planning is very important.

We have switched from HPE Nimble Storage and we now use Pure Storage.

I rate HPE Nimble Storage an eight out of ten.

MV
IT Support Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Plenty of features, user friendly, and portal useful

• "Some of the beneficial features I have found are the Block-level backups, the interface is easy to use, backups work well and the portal is functional."
  • "We want to start storing data in the cloud really soon and we are looking at options."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used for a storage area network(SAN) that we store files and backups on.

How has it helped my organization?

The SAN has been great, it has been a big help.

What is most valuable?

Some of the beneficial features I have found are the Block-level backups, the interface is easy to use, backups work well and the portal is functional.

What needs improvement?

We want to start storing data in the cloud really soon and we are looking at other options. If there is a solution that could combine Azure backup and interconnect it with storage on-premises and on the cloud, this would be great. This solution could already exist by HP, I have not done the research yet or know what the process looks like.

I have been using the solution for three years.

I had no problems with stability.

Scalability is something we are looking into with HA and failover features at other locations. This is part of that project we are working on. I do not know right now exactly how scalable the solution is but I might know soon.

Our whole company SAN, uses the solution of approximately 700 employees.

The solution is a little pricey compared to others on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Nimble Storage a nine out of ten.

LV
ICT Director KA Infra at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good support but the scalability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use HPE Nimble Storage for general purposes, not for high performance, just for archiving and backup solutions.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. Not too complicated.

What needs improvement?

The scalability could be better.

I have been working with HPE Nimble Storage for three years.

We have no issues with the stability of this solution, it's stable enough.

HPE Nimble Storage does not scale well. It needs improvement. We have 50 users in our organization who are using it.

Technical support is good. I would rate the support a nine…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. Not too complicated.

What needs improvement?

The scalability could be better.

I have been working with HPE Nimble Storage for three years.

We have no issues with the stability of this solution, it's stable enough.

HPE Nimble Storage does not scale well. It needs improvement.

We have 50 users in our organization who are using it.

Technical support is good. I would rate the support a nine out of ten.

The installation is straightforward.

We had the help of HP and other consultants, it took two days to install and deploy this solution.

We pay a one-time fee for terabyte licenses, and the support is paid yearly.

There are costs in addition to the licensing fee, but it's included in the hardware.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation of this solution would depend on who is interested in using it, and what the purpose of using it would be.

I would rate HPE Nimble Storage a six out of ten.

TN
Information Technology Operations Manager at Weber Metals
Easy to set up, performs well, and the technical support is helpful

• "This product is very easy to set up."
  • "The quality of technical support depends on which member of the support team you speak with."

What is our primary use case?

I use HPE Nimble for my SAN storage solution.

What is most valuable?

This product is very easy to set up.

The design of the hardware and software lends itself to great performance and redundancy.

What needs improvement?

I have been familiar with HPE Nimble Storage for some time, but have just started using it six months ago.

Nimble Storage has been stable for me so far.

Scalability has not been a problem.

The technical support people are great although, of course, it depends on who you speak with. Overall, however, they are great.

The only other product that I have experience with is Dell Compellent.

The price is negotiable and when we first received the quote it was expensive, but after dealing with them and receiving a discount, the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and if anybody asks me for SAN storage then I recommend HPENimble.

Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free HPE Nimble Storage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.