Jigar Acharya
VP - Engineering Operations at WPG Consulting
Reseller
Robust, reliable, and problem-free

• "Even if one control fails, it automatically turns on the other controller and everything moves from one to the second instantaneously without any issues."
  • "If they could reduce the cost, that would be ideal."

What is most valuable?

In general, the solution works great. We haven't had any issues with it.

It's very reliable. Even if one control fails, it automatically turns on the other controller and everything moves from one to the second instantaneously without any issues.

The product is quite robust.

What needs improvement?

Nimble is costlier than EqualLogic, for example. If they could reduce the cost, that would be ideal.

I've been dealing with the solution for the last three years. It's been a while.

The solution has been very stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have dealt with technical support, and we haven't had any issues with them. We are satisfied with the level of support on offer.

I'm also familiar with EqualLogic.

The price of the solution is a little high, although the performance is very good.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers.

We are using the most up-to-date version of the solution, however, I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We haven't had any issues.

RL
Senior IT Officer at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
A stable and user-friendly storage solution

What is our primary use case?

We have a server that needs a faster distribution solution, and we use Nimble for its storage.

What is most valuable?

The replay and IOPS work well. It's user-friendly, and we're satisfied with it.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard can be improved. I would like to see more details on the dashboard in the next release.

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage for about three years.

HPE Nimble Storage is stable. All the drives are functioning well so far, and you only have to do maintenance on a yearly basis.

The support response time is good.

The initial setup was…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The replay and IOPS work well. It's user-friendly, and we're satisfied with it.

What needs improvement?

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage for about three years.

The support response time is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. We were able to implement it quite quickly.

HPE Nimble Storage didn't require a license at the time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend HPE Nimble Storage to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give HPE Nimble Storage a nine.

Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
David Monarch
Enterprise Administrator at a outsourcing company with 51-200 employees
Proactive technical support, quick updates, and effective failovers

• "HPE Nimble Storage is quick to release updates that fix bugs or problems and the failover has been good."
  • "The solution could improve by having more granularity. For example, having the ability to go deeper into specific IO channels or specific latency issues that can happen would be a benefit. HPE has this ability on their side but it would be useful to have it on our side."

What is our primary use case?

We are using HPE Nimble Storage of backing up our data.

What is most valuable?

HPE Nimble Storage is quick to release updates that fix bugs or problems and the failover has been good.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having more granularity. For example, having the ability to go deeper into specific IO channels or specific latency issues that can happen would be a benefit. HPE has this ability on their side but it would be useful to have it on our side.

Replication reporting is a bit difficult to figure out and could improve in the future. It would be helpful if they had a breakdown detailed report that one could provide to upper management.

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage for approximately

The support is very good at being proactive in helping us resolve issues. They have been better than most other competitors in this area.

What other advice do I have?

It is a sound solution and we have not had many issues.

I rate HPE Nimble Storage a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free HPE Nimble Storage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.