RB
Product Manager at Nuxiba
A complete user-friendly solution with a straightforward setup

• "It's a very nice solution. It's a complete solution that we are looking for because we don't have personnel with expertise."
  • "There is room for improvement in the operations area because the support for that server space is minimal."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for our customers. We buy and rent HPE SimpliVity to our customers as a SaaS.

How has it helped my organization?

In our case, we have an improvement in the operatives area because the support for that server space is minimal. For instance, I don't have to be an expert to work with them.

What is most valuable?

I have a lot of benefits from it. I like that I can create a service as I need it. I don't need new licenses for operating systems. I don't need to ask for server space, I don't need to wait for support, and I don't need to wait for monitoring.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the operations area because the support for that server space is minimal. I want to sell a solution, but not bigger than the one I have. Maybe they can offer more features for more customers and optimize it, but with the same protections that I already have right now.

I want to replicate my business offering in the United States. I want to pay for HPE SimpliVity in Mexico, but they told me that it's not possible. They told me that I need to look for a representative in the United States and make all the payments over there.

We have been using HPE SimpliVity for two months.

The setup was very easy, but it is hard to deploy. We had problems with training after the setup. We think that we need at least four weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Training is important before integration. Ask HPE for at least four weeks for integration before they start sending out invoices.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give HPE SimpliVity a nine.

Hybrid Cloud
WA
Co-Founder at BIGBOOM ASIA CO.,LTD.
Easy to scale and setup, with excellent support, but the price could be improved

• "The most valuable feature is high availability."
  • "I think that they should have their own hyper-converged system."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for a VDI system.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE SimpliVity can improve our DR solution.

I would recommend this for the Hospitality industry because of the data recovery. I think that HPE SimpliVity is the answer.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is high availability.

What needs improvement?

We haven't really explored all areas of this solution we are still in the POC phase.

Pricing and monitoring could be improved.

I think that they should have their own hyper-converged system.

I started using HPE SimpliVity approximately two months ago.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with stability.

This solution is scalable. You can add additional nodes at any time. It's easier to scale than Cisco Hyperflex and better than Nutanix.

Technical support is excellent.

Previously, we did not use another solution.

SimpliVity is the first HCI that we have implemented in this company. We have learned and gained more experience in this area.

The initial setup was simple. It took one week to deploy.

We did not deploy this solution ourselves, we used a system provider.

The hardware is expensive. For the same price, Cisco can provide more hardware specifications for us.

The hardware costs are more of an issue than the licensing costs.

We also evaluated Nutanix.

Nutanix is quite expensive. It's at least two times more expensive than SimpliVity.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Edmundo Tapia
Chief of Information Technology at SOFTYS
Setup easy, stable, and very fast at setup and operating

• "The setup is very easy."
  • "They could have better-specialized support for more countries."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for virtualised infraestructure of servers.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Simplivity improved the space of disk with deduplication, reduced the time of backups and recovers.

What is most valuable?

One of the key features is the solution is really fast for backups and deduplication is amazing.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to have more compatibility with other solutions as an improvement in the future. As a suggestion, in order to have compatibility with other solutions, there could be a license fee for this, and if you don't need to them then you do not need to pay.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is good but you need to pay for the additional nodes that can be expensive. We are currently using the solution for one thousand people in our organization.

They could have better-specialized support for more countries.

I rate the customer service of HPE SimpliVity a seven out of ten.

The setup is very easy.

We have three nodes around the country and it took just one week for the deployment.

The solution can be expensive if you are using a lot of nodes.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to use this product to be careful before setting up the solution that you have enough disk space, if you do not, you will have to pay for it which is expensive.

The solution works great, it is amazing.

I rate HPE SimpliVity a ten out of ten.

RH
Senior Project Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Valuable replication and backup capabilities, and good technical support

• "The most valuable features are replication and backup."
  • "When it comes to performing backups, the dashboard is not intuitive and not user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we implement HPE products such as SimpliVity for our customers. I am not a customer and I do not use all of the products that we sell, although I know these solutions. SimpliVity is a product that also we use ourselves.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are replication and backup.

This solution is very intuitive and flexible.

The vendor was quick to provide support for VMs in the product.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for having different clustered environments for production and testing.

When it comes to performing backups, the dashboard is not intuitive and not user-friendly. This is something that should be improved. It should be easier to perform backups.

I have been using HPE SimpliVity for approximately four years.

Using SimpliVity improves the stability of the environment.

The scalability is the best in the market. We have between 10 and 15 users in our organization, and it is installed in the data center.

Technical support is very good and I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup is easy and it will take five or six hours to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it is easy to deploy and set up replication for use in a data center. It can be used in production for DLP.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

MD
Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Beneficial build-in backup, helpful technical support, and stable

What is our primary use case?

HPE SimpliVity is mainly used for virtualized environments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of SimpliVity are the built-in backup and immunity to ransomware.

I have been using HPE SimpliVity for approximately four years.

When it comes to virtualization, SimpliVity is based on VMware, and VMware is more stable than other solutions, such as Hyper-V.

I would recommend this solution to others. We have approximately 10 customers using this solution.

The technical support has been good. They know a lot of information and are helpful. …

What is our primary use case?

HPE SimpliVity is mainly used for virtualized environments.

I have been using HPE SimpliVity for approximately four years.

I would recommend this solution to others.

We have approximately 10 customers using this solution.

The installation is quite easy but it could still be improved.

You have to have the environment set up correctly before the installation of SimpliVity, such as vCenter Server and AD. If you have the environment configured then the installation is approximately 45 minutes.

We have approximately five engineers that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The solution is priced high. However, there are plenty of features as part of the package that other solutions do not have.

The solution comes with the VMware license that you need, but you can also buy the license outside of the initial purchase.

What other advice do I have?

The features SimpliVity has there is no other solution in the market that can match it.

I rate HPE SimpliVity a nine out of ten.

Dipak Darade
Asst. Manager at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Has an inbuilt backup feature and is stable and scalable

• "We like the backup feature, which is inbuilt."
  • "I think the licensing cost could be lower."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for servers, like the domain controller, DHCP, print server, file server, and distribution server as well as application servers.

What is most valuable?

We like the backup feature, which is inbuilt. This means that we didn't require an additional storage device. Everything is backed up in a single box and that always makes it easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

I think the licensing cost could be lower.

I've been using HPE SimpliVity for more than two years.

HPE SimpliVity is definitely a stable solution.

I think it is scalable.

I have found technical support to be good and have appreciated their immediate response.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We currently have a yearly license, and I think the cost could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

If you go with a single node only, then you may encounter some issues if you don't have any backup nodes. However, if you go with at least two nodes, then you will be able to manage a disaster well.

If one of the nodes goes down, then the server and data center will be moved to another node. This will ensure that you don't lose anything.

I am very satisfied with HPE SimpliVity and would rate it at ten, on a scale from one to ten.

MC
Line Technical Agent at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good price, very stable, and scalable with useful compression and deduplication features

• "The compression and deduplication features are most valuable because they allow us to have a small footprint for storage. It is a very stable product, and we are also able to get all that we need in terms of reporting."
  • "They should optimize the administration stack because it is consuming too much memory. It ends up consuming 20% of memory. They have another product for this feature, but I would like to have this feature within HPE SimpliVity."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for managing the infrastructure. It is combined with VMware software. We are using HPE SimpliVity Generation 10.

What is most valuable?

The compression and deduplication features are most valuable because they allow us to have a small footprint for storage. It is a very stable product, and we are also able to get all that we need in terms of reporting.

What needs improvement?

They should optimize the administration stack because it is consuming too much memory. It ends up consuming 20% of memory. They have another product for this feature, but I would like to have this feature within HPE SimpliVity.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is a very stable product.

It is scalable. Everybody in our organization is using this solution because internally, all our applications are running on it. We have around 50 users and 5 administrators.

We were using HPE BladeSystem.

We worked with a provider, and he installed it.

It is not expensive. We bought its license for two years. For support, we pay yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using it.

I would rate HPE SimpliVity an eight out of ten.

AL
Co-Founder/CTO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Replication beneficial, uncomplicated install, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for HCM, secondary distribution endpoints, file sharing, domain controller, all many kinds of applications.

What is most valuable?

I find the replication feature valuable.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of different components to choose from in the chassis. This could be easier by providing a standard or a base model to create and configure from.

I have been using the solution for a couple of years.

I believe the solution is stable, I did not see any issues.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I find the replication feature valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for a couple of years.

I believe the solution is stable, I did not see any issues.

The solution is converging in a public place, the scalability is good. We have approximately 70 users using the solution in my company,

We previously used Dell PowerEdge rack servers.

I found the installation straightforward. However, I am not sure about others.

The solution took a couple of hours to do the implementation with two technicians, and we have one technician for the maintenance. Next time I am going to use a consultant or a supplier to do the implementation.

The product is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are going to continue to use the solution in the future, and I recommend it to others.

I rate HPE SimpliVity a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Hyper-Converged (HCI)
Download our free HPE SimpliVity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.