HPE StoreVirtual Reviews

industry
rating
Senior IT Officer
Dec 25 2017

What is most valuable?

* Stability * Flexibility

How has it helped my organization?

The stability and flexibility are the greatest improvements to our organization.

What needs improvement?

I can't say at the moment. I'm happy with it right now. There is always room to improve.

Before this we were just using a physical service and then moved to the virtual environment using VSA. Our partner recommended this solution. We took a deep look, analyzed, and decided we can go with… more»

What other advice do I have?

When deciding on a vendor to go with we look at * service * stability * performance. Explore it yourself. Talk to your colleagues, talk to the technicians, the experts.

We had a few options like Lenovo, Fugitsu. We went with HPE because it had the best price to performance ratio, and service as well. It's been a good experience, so far.
SimonBegin
User
Counsel
Mar 01 2018

What is most valuable?

* Data replication (Network RAID 10) * Simplicity of not having to buy FC or FCoE SAN. Instead, we buy servers with their own storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Data is stored in two different places, leveraging more security and availability. Therefore, network problems are having less affect on iSCSI. We also plan to build a Metro Cluster using VSA.

What needs improvement?

Product looks like it is in the end of development. HPE will be probably be merging with SimpliVity. I hope they will continue the product as we already have multiple HW servers besides HPE, and a software SDS means more flexibility for us.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Red Hat, Dell EMC and others in Software Defined Storage (SDS). Updated: October 2019.
372,906 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System and Network Administrator at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 02 2017

What do you think of HPE StoreVirtual?

How has it helped my organization?

Input/Output (I/O) has greatly improved. Easy updates without taking down storage and virtual machines (VMs). HA is now a real possibility which I could not fully achieve with normal NAS datastores.

What is most valuable?

Ease of carving out storage. The seamlessness behind the scenes of block management. I just let it do its thing. I don't worry too much about it.

What needs improvement?

Licensing is not exactly straightforward, but not the worst I have ever seen.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About HPE StoreVirtual

372,906 professionals have used our research since 2012.

HPE StoreVirtual Questions

What is HPE StoreVirtual?

HPE StoreVirtual storage ensures that organisations can optimise the benefits of server virtualisation with cost-effective high availability and disaster recovery. The iSCSI-based, scale-out storage platform is easy to manage and change – meeting ongoing business demands without creating IT bottlenecks or application downtime. Overcoming the cost and management limitations of traditional storage area networks (SANs), HPE StoreVirtual nodes use storage clustering to form a single pool of resources that enable organisations to buy only what they need today, scaling non-disruptively to meet requirements in the future.

Also known as
HPE StoreVirtual, HPE VSA
HPE StoreVirtual customers

NBrIX, WIND Telecom, Netrics

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Software Defined Storage (SDS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Red Hat, Dell EMC, and more!