HPE Wireless WAN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is HPE Wireless WAN?
HPE Wireless WAN, a Software-Defined WAN dynamically selects the best path for each app based on policies and real-time network measurements. Flexibly and securely connect users to apps with higher visibility into vital traffic. WAN Portfolio include the following: HPE OfficeConnect OC20 802.11ac Series Access Points, HPE FlexNetwork MSR2000 Router Series, HPE FlexNetwork HSR6800 Router Series and HPE FlexNetwork VSR1000 Virtual Services Router Series.

HPE Wireless WAN was previously known as Wireless WAN, HP Wireless WAN.

Download the Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

HPE Wireless WAN Customers
Bell Canada
HPE Wireless WAN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Wireless WAN pricing:
  • "Price wise, it is on the medium end of the scale. It could be lower."
  • "I find the price to be reasonable."
  • "We don't pay a licensing fee, we purchased the product."
  • "There is a license for this solution and the license is normally paid annually but this depends on the contract."
  • "The solution is quite expensive. You have to pay for every node and it can get expensive fast, it is approximately £3,000 per month."

HPE Wireless WAN Reviews

SM
Senior Technical Consultant - HPE at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Provides network security, is user friendly, stable, and scalable, and has a lifetime warranty

• "The main benefit of this product is the lifetime warranty, up to 99 years. For example, if your switch card fails after 10 years, and the hardware fails, it will be replaced with the very same switch or the equivalent model available at the time."
  • "HPE Wireless WAN could provide better access points and better pricing."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to obtain seamless roaming. So many people want to roam from one room to another room, and at that time, they don't want their video call to disconnect. HPE Wireless WAN helps with this.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Wireless WAN provides security so that your networks can't be hacked. Also, the lifetime warranty protects your financial investment.

What is most valuable?

The main benefit of this product is the lifetime warranty, up to 99 years. For example, if your switch card fails after 10 years, and the hardware fails, it will be replaced with the very same switch or the equivalent model available at the time.

So, you won't experience network failure beyond a day because of advanced replacement. Your product won't fail, and your financial investment won't fail either.

It is also stable, scalable, and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

HPE Wireless WAN could provide better access points and better pricing.

I've been using HPE Wireless WAN for the past six years.

There are no issues with the stability of the product.

It is very scalable. There are no issues with it. It can be scaled each year, for instance.

HP technical support is better than that of anyone else. They have two types of support packages: partner care and foundation care. With partner care, the partner will support the L1 and L2 levels, and HP will support the L3 level.

If you buy the foundation care package, HP can support at the L1 level itself. They can remotely do the installation as well.

Installation is usually easy. I am currently working on training our partners to do the installation themselves.

Depending on the type of deployment, you may need one person to a hundred people. Usually, the first deployment can be handled by one person.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at ten on a scale from one to ten. I would say that quality wise, it is on the higher end of the scale, whereas price wise, it is on the medium end of the scale.

If you use a cloud solution and then after two or three years decide that you do not want a cloud solution, it may not be possible to switch to on-premises with solutions like Cisco Meraki. However, it is possible with HPE Wireless WAN.

Hybrid Cloud
Onur Pasaoglu
General Coordinator at Telkonet
Good technical support, easy to set up, and stable

• "We've found the scalability to be good."
  • "Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right sizing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for wireless connectivity.

We are working in an integrated company in Turkey and lots of projects that we are working on are using this product.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is simple if you do a proper rollout and explain everything to the client.

The product is quite stable.

We've found the scalability to be good.

The technical support team has been quite helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right sizing.

It would be ideal if they developed more industrial synergies on the market.

I've used the solution for a number of years. It's easily been over ten. I've used it for quite a while.

The stability of the solution is quite good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product can scale. If you are a company that needs to expand, you can do so.

We have a big technical team in our company. Lots of our engineers have Aruba certification, for example. They are well trained. However, when and if we need to reach out directly to Aruba about HPE Wireless, their team is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. They have been great and we are satisfied with their level of service.

I am using both Huawei Wireless and HP Wireless WAN. We also use Cisco.

The initial setup can be complex, however, if you organize everything beforehand, it can be quite straightforward.

Its pricing is not the best price on the market as Huawei and Ubiquiti are cheaper. The Aruba technology is comparable to Cisco. When we compare the prices to Cisco, they have better pricing on projects. Huawei prices are cheaper than the Cisco and Aruba however, if the Aruba sales team supports us, they can get us the best price for the project.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner. We help clients install this product into their environments.

Mostly, we use the private cloud in Turkey, however, often hybrid deployments are also used.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. For the most part, we are quite satisfied with the capabilities and the level of service we are provided.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KK
Senior Specialist ICT/ISP Services at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Security and access points need improvement, but it is stable

• "The most important is that the solution is stable."
  • "It's very old-fashioned, which is why we have made the decision to replace it."

What is our primary use case?

I am an administrator and use this solution to connect our LAN network to our office network from the central office and branch offices. We are able to select them from one network.

What is most valuable?

The most important is that the solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

It's very old-fashioned, which is why we have made the decision to replace it.

They should have some security features to protect our network.

The access points should have the newest algorithms in security, and the controller should be stable.

I have been working here for a few months and have been using this solution since I started.

We have controller MDM 760, which is an older solution that we would like to replace for the newest version. We are changing our placement and management has decided to change our Wi-Fi solution.

The solution is very stable.

We need 50 to 70 access points.

We have plans to continue using this solution, but we are also considering Aruba.

It is very important to have good available support. If for example, a product is out of support, it could destroy the network.

We have not contacted technical support.

We have some HPE ProCurve switches but I did not configure them. I see how it works and runs commands, and it is very similar to Cisco. I think that it's easy.

We chose HPE because it's the top ranking in Gartner.

We have two data centers and would like to install a Wi-Fi Controller in both.

We are currently evaluating other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have a lot of experience with this solution, so it would be very difficult to recommend it.

I would rate HPE Wireless WAN a five out of ten.

YA
Network Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Works well, is easy to use, and makes for a good access point

• "The solution is easy to use."
  • "Technical support could be improved. They could respond a bit faster."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an access point.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use. It's very, very user-friendly.

The product has been working fine.

The access point capabilities are good.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be improved. They could respond a bit faster. Right now, they are slow.

I've been using the solution for ten years at this point. It's been a decade or so.

I can't speak to the stability of the solution, although I don't have any knowledge of any issues with the solution.

I can't speak to the scalability of the solution. I haven't attempted to scale it and have never heard of an attempt at our company.

We do use it in a number of our buildings. It's used in maybe 100-150 buildings.

We'll likely continue to use the solution.

Technical support is average. It's not the best, however, it's also not outstanding. We're basically satisfied with their level of support. However, they are not exactly fast.

We use Redline from point to point, for the wireless technology.

The solution was in place before I arrived at the organization. Therefore, I wasn't a part of the implementation process. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was to implement or how long it took to deploy.

I'm not aware of the arrangements for licensing agreements or costs. It's not part of my responsibilities and therefore I don't have access to that information.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

PA
Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good performance, robust, easy to use, but it could be faster

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for communication inside my office.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like for it to be faster. It should be a faster device.

I have been using this solution for two years. The version that I am using is two years old.

It's quite stable. I have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable product. We have 63 users in our organization. At this point, we have plans to continue using it but that can change within the next five years.

I have not contacted…

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for communication inside my office.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good.

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like for it to be faster. It should be a faster device.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The version that I am using is two years old.

It's quite stable. I have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable product. We have 63 users in our organization.

I have not contacted technical support. It is handled by a different department, but they are customer-friendly and knowledgeable.

Previously, I was not using another solution.

It was approximately a week before we could start to use it.

The solution was installed through the service provider.

I find the price to be reasonable.

We have to pay the licensing fees but it comes with a five warranty.

What other advice do I have?

I am in a position where I can recommend this solution. I am just an end-user, I don't have enough experience.

I would rate HPE Wireless WAN a seven out of ten.

SM
Insolvency Practitioner and Director at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Complex to setup, doesn't integrate well with Microsoft, and the technical support is appalling

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to back up everything and we use it for sharing files.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified.  The integration with Microsoft could be improved. The scalability and the support could be better.

I have been using this solution for 18 months. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

I wouldn't say that this solution is massively scalable. The scalability could be improved. We have 24 users in our organization. In the foreseeable future, we have plans to continue using this…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified.

The integration with Microsoft could be improved.

The scalability and the support could be better.

I have been using this solution for 18 months.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

We have 24 users in our organization.

In the foreseeable future, we have plans to continue using this solution.

Technical support is appalling.

The initial setup was very complex. There were many problems integrating with Microsoft.

It took a good few weeks to deploy.

We had the help of a consultant.

We don't pay a licensing fee, we purchased the product.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others because of the initial issues.

Because of the issues with the installation and the integration, I would rate this solution a two out of ten.

DH
Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Supports latest technology, highly reliable, and provides helpful technical support

• "The most valuable features of this solution are it supports the newest virus technology, which helps with bandwidth, and is very stable."
  • "In the next release of the solution, there should be better integration with other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for network access with updated features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are it supports the newest virus technology, which helps with bandwidth, and is very stable. They are able to provide many different types of EPS in different situations, such as indoor and outdoor. Additionally, they provide a higher level of services compared to other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

I find the solution stable.

The solution is scalable. We have more than 100 customers using it.

The support of the solution is great and we are very satisfied with it.

The installation of the solution was very simple and took only a couple of minutes.

We have approximately 15 administrators for the deployments and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Wireless WAN a ten out of ten.

MG
Network Administrator at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Flexible, easy to install, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use the HPE Wireless WAN as part of our overall networking solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is flexibility.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have never had an issue with stability.

The solution is scalable. At the height of our daily usage, there are approximately 500 users.

I have previously used Aruba and Cisco solutions.

What is our primary use case?

We use the HPE Wireless WAN as part of our overall networking solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is flexibility.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have never had an issue with stability.

The solution is scalable.

At the height of our daily usage, there are approximately 500 users.

I have previously used Aruba and Cisco solutions.

The installation is easy. However, my implementation is complicated and you would need special training to complete it.

I used an internal team of two that does the implementation of the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others.

I rate HPE Wireless WAN an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Wireless WAN
Download our free Wireless WAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus, and more!