HPE Wireless WAN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Wireless WAN is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless WAN tools. It is most often compared to Ubiquiti Wireless: HPE Wireless WAN vs Ubiquiti Wireless

What is HPE Wireless WAN?
HPE Wireless WAN, a Software-Defined WAN dynamically selects the best path for each app based on policies and real-time network measurements. Flexibly and securely connect users to apps with higher visibility into vital traffic. WAN Portfolio include the following: HPE OfficeConnect OC20 802.11ac Series Access Points, HPE FlexNetwork MSR2000 Router Series, HPE FlexNetwork HSR6800 Router Series and HPE FlexNetwork VSR1000 Virtual Services Router Series.

HPE Wireless WAN is also known as Wireless WAN, HP Wireless WAN.

Download the Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

HPE Wireless WAN Customers
Bell Canada
HPE Wireless WAN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Wireless WAN pricing:
  • "Price wise, it is on the medium end of the scale. It could be lower."
  • "I find the price to be reasonable."
  • "We don't pay a licensing fee, we purchased the product."
  • "There is a license for this solution and the license is normally paid annually but this depends on the contract."
  • "The solution is quite expensive. You have to pay for every node and it can get expensive fast, it is approximately £3,000 per month."

SM
Senior Technical Consultant - HPE at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Provides network security, is user friendly, stable, and scalable, and has a lifetime warranty

What is our primary use case?

We use it to obtain seamless roaming. So many people want to roam from one room to another room, and at that time, they don't want their video call to disconnect. HPE Wireless WAN helps with this.

• "The main benefit of this product is the lifetime warranty, up to 99 years. For example, if your switch card fails after 10 years, and the hardware fails, it will be replaced with the very same switch or the equivalent model available at the time."
  • "HPE Wireless WAN could provide better access points and better pricing."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at ten on a scale from one to ten. I would say that quality wise, it is on the higher end of the scale, whereas price wise, it is on the medium end of the scale. If you use a cloud solution and then after two or three years decide that you do not want a cloud solution, it may not be possible to switch to on-premises with solutions like Cisco Meraki. However, it is possible with HPE Wireless WAN.
Onur Pasaoglu
General Coordinator at Telkonet
Good technical support, easy to set up, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for wireless connectivity. We are working in an integrated company in Turkey and lots of projects that we are working on are using this product.

• "We've found the scalability to be good."
  • "Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right sizing."

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner. We help clients install this product into their environments. Mostly, we use the private cloud in Turkey, however, often hybrid deployments are also used. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. For the most part, we are quite satisfied with the capabilities and the level of service we are provided.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KK
Senior Specialist ICT/ISP Services at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Security and access points need improvement, but it is stable

What is our primary use case?

I am an administrator and use this solution to connect our LAN network to our office network from the central office and branch offices. We are able to select them from one network.

• "The most important is that the solution is stable."
  • "It's very old-fashioned, which is why we have made the decision to replace it."

What other advice do I have?

I don't have a lot of experience with this solution, so it would be very difficult to recommend it. I would rate HPE Wireless WAN a five out of ten.
YA
Network Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Works well, is easy to use, and makes for a good access point

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an access point.

• "The solution is easy to use."
  • "Technical support could be improved. They could respond a bit faster."

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
PA
Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good performance, robust, easy to use, but it could be faster

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for communication inside my office.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like for it to be faster. It should be a faster device.

I have been using this solution for two years. The version that I am using is two years old.

It's quite stable. I have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable product. We have 63 users in our organization. At this point, we have plans to continue using it but that can change within the next five years.

I have not contacted…
SM
Insolvency Practitioner and Director at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Complex to setup, doesn't integrate well with Microsoft, and the technical support is appalling

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to back up everything and we use it for sharing files.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified.  The integration with Microsoft could be improved. The scalability and the support could be better.

I have been using this solution for 18 months. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

I wouldn't say that this solution is massively scalable. The scalability could be improved. We have 24 users in our organization. In the foreseeable future, we have plans to continue using this…
DH
Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Supports latest technology, highly reliable, and provides helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for network access with updated features.

• "The most valuable features of this solution are it supports the newest virus technology, which helps with bandwidth, and is very stable."
  • "In the next release of the solution, there should be better integration with other platforms."

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Wireless WAN a ten out of ten.
MG
Network Administrator at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Flexible, easy to install, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use the HPE Wireless WAN as part of our overall networking solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is flexibility.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have never had an issue with stability.

The solution is scalable. At the height of our daily usage, there are approximately 500 users.

I have previously used Aruba and Cisco solutions.

The installation is easy. However, my implementation is complicated and you would need special training to…
See 1 more HPE Wireless WAN Reviews
Product Categories
Wireless WAN
Download our free Wireless WAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus, and more!