Huawei Ethernet Switches Overview

Huawei Ethernet Switches is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Ethernet Switches. It is most often compared to H3C Ethernet Switches: Huawei Ethernet Switches vs H3C Ethernet Switches

What is Huawei Ethernet Switches?
Huawei SOHO & SMB Switches, an Energy-saving Ethernet access switches with service features that are easy to install and maintain. It has a S1700 Series Enterprise Switches that caters from small- to medium-sized businesses and Internet cafes.
Huawei Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide

Download the Huawei Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Huawei Ethernet Switches Customers
Newcastle University, Jingyang District of Deyang City in Sichuan Province, Southwest China, Glasgow Rangers Soccer Team, RMIT, Insurance Industry Association of Zhejiang Province, China, APT Satellite Holdings Limited (APT)
Huawei Ethernet Switches Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei Ethernet Switches pricing:
  • "Huawei comes with a lot of features out of the box that you have to pay extra for with other products. They do charge extra in the licensing for certain additional features."
  • "The exact pricing varies based on how many units you purchase."
  • "The product is competitively priced in its market."
  • "Compared to other brands, I think that the price is quite fair."

AM
Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Has valuable spanning tree protocol and routing features but they should improve the knowledge base library

What is our primary use case?

For my own use case, I am a reseller for the switches. For my clients' use case, it is using the products as switches to build out their network connections.

• "When you buy a switch from Huawei, the switches come along with a lot of features that you do not need to pay extra money for."
  • "The technical support is a bit difficult to work with if you don't speak Mandarin."
  • "The knowledge base needs to be improved and expanded."
  • "It could potentially be difficult to get parts depending on where you live."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give people who are considering this product as their switching solution is that if you are looking to satisfy the needs of a small scale project and want a pretty good price, then you might go for it. But you might be sacrificing security or risking involvement in a politically unstable situation. China and the U.S. are very tense with their political positions at the moment. They are facing some sort of trade war. If you need some components to produce or manufacture a product like a Huawei switch it is possibly going to be a tense situation. The chips are an important and…
AO
Head IT Operations at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Good pricing and operates well with Cisco, but needs more documentation

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the solution for asset layers and then also for the core. The ones around the core have been failing, and I've been replacing them as they fail with Cisco replacements.

• "Pricing-wise, Huawei is quite good."
  • "There needs to be more documentation. If they opened up a bit and shared more information and maybe allowed for YouTube videos about their products and how to work them, it would benefit the users quite a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We are both an installer and considering becoming a Huawei partner. About five years ago I began working with Huawei, and I decided then whenever they failed, I'd just replace the old ones with Cisco. However, after five years, many are still working, so we have a hybrid system where we use both Huawei and Cisco switches. However, whenever they do fail, I replace them with Cisco, so there may come a time int eh future where I will no longer be working with them and will have completely switched over to Cisco. I don't have the exact version number, but I'm dealing with the 9300 core switch…
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MuhittinAkar
Network Security Expert at Seçil Kauçuk
Easy to use and manage, and integrates well with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use Huawei Ethernet Switches as part of our network.

• "Huawei Ethernet switches are easy to use and can be managed using either the GUI or via the command-line."
  • "One of the problems with Huawei is that when you receive a product quote from one of the vendors, you cannot get prices from the other ones because they register your request with Huawei."

What other advice do I have?

This is a very nice device and I recommend it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
SS
Network Architect & Pre-Sales Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Although it is less touted in the marketplace, this solution competes with the best brands head on

What is our primary use case?

I am a Huawei reseller, so I supply these switches to my customers. The use case is just for general corporate office connectivity from the desktops through to the data center.

• "This product is competitive technically with the best products in the class."
  • "The technical support is technically savvy, but the communication via English is not so easy."

What other advice do I have?

I use the product, so I definitely think that I can recommend Huawei as a very good alternative to other highly-praised brands. The world does not have to just use Cisco. Huawei is very cost-effective. They have all the features. I would not have a problem recommending it to anybody. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as an eight-out-of-ten.
HY
Founding Partner at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Inexpensive, good documentation and very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution is an IoT router but we primarily use it as the layer for industrial switches for CCTV video transmission.

• "They have the ability, since they have a very big R&D team, to create an upgrade for any feature or patch very easily."
  • "The interoperability of the devices, in general, on the Huawei switches is not good and is known to be not good. Maybe they can improve this a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. When compared to Cisco switches, the Huawei switches are a bit lower in quality. They have similar properties that the Cisco switches have. Often Huawei brings in the features to match the competition later, and, in general, the overall quality a bit lower. Sometimes, because of this, you might have some unexpected results. The documentation is generally good, but troubleshooting documents for some unusual bugs or glitches are never created. I generally recommend Huawei switches because although they are lower quality, they are cheaper than other…
JI
Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Offers good technical documentation and is durable and stable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is more appropriate for small businesses than bigger ones, and is for internal and distribution switches, as well as for using power apps.

• "The technical documentation available is very good. The technical support for the customer is also good - I would give it 8 out of 10."
  • "The availability and the speed of the firmware updates are the only things wrong with Huawei. There are some vulnerabilities on the hardware."

What other advice do I have?

I think Cisco has the advantage in terms of durability because they have been in existence for more than 20 years, whereas Huawei just started a few years back. Cisco has a big track record of experience, R&D, and more. On a scale of one to ten, I would give Huawei Ethernet Switches an eight. Overall, I would recommend this product.
Umer Siddique
Sr. Network Engineer at Fatima Group
Easy to troubleshoot issues and is easy to understand and configure

• "In terms of the most valuable features, LAN switching is more comfortable and valuable in the network. It is easy to configure and easy to deploy. It is helpful for the installation and it is easy to troubleshoot issues. It's an easy product to understand. It's a good solution."
  • "I had issues with patching the IOS. But right now I think Huawei has improved very much in the advanced technology and is more stable now. I think patch and bug fixes should be announced on a scheduled basis."

What other advice do I have?

The device is stable, reliable, and cheaper as well than other devices. The features are valuable. They also have good support. I would rate it an eight out of ten. With respect to the hardware, I think Huawei should improve its chassis. Its hardware module like the cooling system is not as good as with other devices. For example, with Cisco, I switched off a router that was running more for than five to six years, 24/7. But the amazing thing was that the device was running continuously for about five to six years. With Huawei, I haven't seen any device uptime. Maybe it is an issue with the…
PN
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
Reasonably priced, stable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

This product is used in our network infrastructure for normal office use.

• "The Huawei switches are stable, easy to set up, and cheap."
  • "The graphical user interface could be much better."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is not to be afraid of it, just because Huawei is not a true American brand. It is an international brand. When you use it, you have the feeling that it can do even more than some Cisco or Fortinet products. The technology and brand name are good, so my advice is to trust it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 9 more Huawei Ethernet Switches Reviews
Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Huawei Ethernet Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.