Huawei Wireless Overview

Huawei Wireless is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless LAN tools. It is most often compared to D-Link Wireless: Huawei Wireless vs D-Link Wireless

What is Huawei Wireless?
Huawei WLAN products are compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards to establish high-speed, secure, and reliable wireless network connections for indoor and outdoor applications.WLAN products can be used in enterprise offices, schools, hospitals, large shopping malls, exhibition centers, airports, and more.

Huawei Wireless is also known as Huawei WLAN.

Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide

Download the Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Huawei Wireless Customers
Anhui Agricultural University (AAU), China Everbright Bank
Huawei Wireless Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei Wireless pricing:
  • "Its price is very good. This wireless system totally costs about 30,000 euros, and some of the other solutions cost about 45,000 euros. It is a difference of 15,000 euros, which is quite a lot of money."
  • "We don't have any control on the pricing. This comes from Huawei in India. Pricing-wise, Huawei is very aggressive and competitive if you compare them to competitors, like Cisco, Aruba, and Ruckus. The Indian Huawei team tells us, "Just pick up the order and design the infrastructure. If there are any pricing challenge, we'll work on that and we will try to match things 100 percent.""
  • "It is not monthly. It is a kind of perpetual licensing. We pay once depending on the kind of services we need to deliver. There are no licensing fees."
  • "Huawei comes at a cheaper price than competitors like Cisco and Aruba."

Huawei Wireless Reviews

Bartłomiej Solarz-Niesłuchowski
Senior System Administrator at WIT
Dec 18, 2020
It has a very good price and provides value for money

What is our primary use case?

University 3500 users

• "The most valuable thing about Huawei Wireless is that it is one of the cheapest WiFi 6 systems. Its price is very nice. The other WiFi systems cost about 15% more."
  • "Huawei Wireless has a small technical problem. When you use a power injector, it needs to be specially configured for the switch to which it is connected. It tries to take power not from the power injector but from the switch. The funny thing when you look at it is that you have three switches or maybe four or five that are theoretically capable. However, the port on these switches is disabled. When you connect the access point to a power injector, the access point checks for features from the switch, but on this port, the switch doesn't do power. So, the access point changes these features to energy save mode and cuts off some features, especially WiFi 6. It took me two weeks to find out what's going on and how to mitigate this sort of problem. It is very easy to fix. You need to disable LLDP on the port on which you connect the access point to the power injector. Power injectors aren't quite commonly used, but I have 54 access points, and I have used about 27 power injectors. So, about half of the access points were working at reduced speed, not full speed, for two weeks."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it has quite a good price, and it provides value for money. Huawei access controller can be located on a WiFi switch. Therefore, you do not need to buy an extra server for putting the access controller. It can go on a switch. I have invested in Huawei WiFi systems and their support. I won't buy WiFi systems for the next two years of using this. The software updates are very important for solid WiFi connectivity. I would rate Huawei Wireless an eight out of ten.
Anjan Basu Chowdhury
Pre-sales Engineer at Savex Technologies Pvt Ltd
Reseller
Apr 16, 2020
Performance, throughput, and speed are good

What is our primary use case?

I have successfully designed and installed the Huawei Wireless product portfolio on a big university campus wireless network project.

• "You can add a lot of features, such as cloud, integration with IoT, etc. They have a lot of options available but the top feature is the performance."
  • "There was one time I had a problem with their centralized licensing. I called the Indian call center, but the response was not that good. One guy attended this call and he told me, "Definitely, I am forwarding your call to the next level. I'll let you know." After that, it took between 10 to 15 hours before I got a call back. By then, we had already resolved the issue. Therefore, they could improve the local support; there should be at very good Tier 1 and 2 support in India. They should be both proactive and reactive."

What other advice do I have?

The on-premise solution is a very good product. They are working on the latest technology. I don't have much experience with their cloud based solution. I would rate the solution as an eight (out of 10).
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1451421
Co-Principal Investigator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Nov 24, 2020
Good speed and mobility, good interfaces, and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use it for a campus network. We have something like 4G or 5G at the backend, and we have deployed a setpoint at the frontend to provide the services. It is an enterprise-level deployment. We are using its latest version.

• "It is based on 802.11ax, which is a new technology. There are several valuable things, such as its speed and mobility. There are options for self-organizing networking so that it can perform operations and maintain itself. Its three interfaces are very good and user friendly."
  • "As such, there are no problems. It has been good. There were some issues with the network design, but that is not specifically related to the product. We had to make some improvements in the network design. The product as such is fine, and there are no big issues. We are using the latest version having most of the features available in the industry, so the specs are very high. If something new comes up new in the industry, it needs to be incorporated into the product."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on the kind of use case we are going into. The main advice is to use the latest technology. I would rate Huawei Wireless a nine out of ten.
reviewer1138239
Manager, ICT and Partnerships at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Oct 28, 2019
Stellar solution with good stability but the visibility needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use the on-premises version. I believe they don't have a private cloud offering yet on the controller. Either way, it's on-premises that we are using now.

• "That would be more of engineering at this point. I'm from more of the business side. It's pretty much doing the standard installations with portal integrations and integrations with the Mac."
  • "Improving the visibility, control offered, and cloud management would all be very helpful. Also how you can monetize the information you get from Wi-Fi controllers should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty good solution. The design has to be right. If the design is done properly and the conditions are right, it's a stellar product. It would probably be a seven or eight out of ten.
SyedAbdul Quadeer
Network Engineering at Hawsabah
Nov 7, 2019
Easy to manage and stable, but needs better integration capabilities

• "The solution is easily managed compared to other wireless solutions."
  • "The solution should offer more integration with third-party servers and devices."

What other advice do I have?

We're a consultant and support many companies and end-users. We use the 5060 and 6020 access points, among others. We use the private cloud deployment model for medium-sized companies. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
MuhittinAkar
Network Security Expert at Seçil Kauçuk
Oct 28, 2019
Excellent roaming features, good scalability and an easy set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a wireless LAN.

• "The solution's roaming feature is very nice. When you move to another place it automatically changes the access point. It's one of the most valuable features."
  • "The technical support needs to be improved. They also need to produce some more technical guides."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice I'd give to others considering implementing the solution is that it's easy to use if they use an access controller. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher but they don't offer a good technical guide which means you ultimately need to search and try out solutions for yourself.
reviewer1341744
Solutions Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Jun 28, 2020
Cost-effective and simple to use, but the stability needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and Huawei wireless is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients.

• "This solution is very simple and the interface is user-friendly."
  • "This solution has issues with bugs and instability."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.