HVR Software OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HVR Software is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Data Replication tools. It is most often compared to Qlik Replicate: HVR Software vs Qlik Replicate

What is HVR Software?
We Accelerate Data Movement so that you can Revolutionize Your Business HVR is designed to move large volumes of data FAST and efficiently in complex environments for real-time updates. Our goal is to keep your data moving and in sync as you adopt new technologies for storing, streaming, and analyzing data. Our scalable solution gives you everything you need for efficient data replication from beginning to end so that you can readily revolutionize your business for the modern world.

HVR Software is also known as HVR, PSB HVR.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

HVR Software Customers
Aspen Marketing Services, CACI, Federal Inland Revenue Service, GlobalCollect, Lufthansa Systems, PostNl, US Coast Guard
HVR Software Video

Archived HVR Software Reviews (more than two years old)

ZF
Program Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
A good stable solution for data logs and refreshes

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

We use it for data publishing, data logs, and data refreshes These services are all very good.

What needs improvement?

The interface needs to be more user-friendly. Data security should be improved in the next release.

I've been using the solution about three years.

The solution is stable. We've never faced any stability issues.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The interface needs to be more user-friendly.

Data security should be improved in the next release.

I've been using the solution about three years.

The solution is stable. We've never faced any stability issues.

The way we are using it, I think the solution's level of scalability is sufficient for us. We didn't really need anything bigger. For us, it's been fine so far. We have about 30-40 users. There's no need for us to increase usage at this point.

We've never really used technical support, so I can't speak to the level of quality.

The initial setup was complex. We had quite a few data sources, so the database replication was quite in-depth and we had quite a few environments that needed to be refreshed.

Right now, we have a corporate license. I'm not sure of the term of the license or the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

KI
Integrated Support and Planning & Project Management Specialist at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Has one central interface that manages everything and is easy and quick to set up

• "The ease of usability is the most valuable feature. It's very easy and quick to set up. It also has a central hub as opposed to GoldenGate which is one direct interface. For GoldenGate I would have needed three interfaces whereas with HVR I have a central interface that manages everything."
  • "I would like for them to incorporate additional transformations. A valuable aspect of the product is that it does inflight transformations and that could be expanded."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using the private model of this solution. It is CDC and we take data from an OLTP system to populate a data warehouse and to populate a reporting system.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We have a number of connections to heterogeneous databases and that could be expanded on. One of the databases is an additional database that should be coming online but there is some difficulty with it. Other than this, in comparison to other products it's competing with, including Oracle, it beats them hands down for everything, including the price.

We are in the process of going live with this solution. We're testing it now.

Their technical support is excellent, better than Oracle. The online support is very good but equally, their support is immediate and willing. Up until now, they have taken our suggestions and considered incorporating them into the next version.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The pricing is considerably less than its competitor, GoldenGate. One of the things that we liked about it and that sold us on it, is that we only licensed production and it then enabled us to install the product on any other non-production. Whereas with Oracle, it's in every environment. In the three environments that I have HVR, I only need to license production. Whereas with Oracle I would've had to license all three environments.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest not to discount it because of its low price and small company. Most of the technicians are ex-Oracle employees and they have a passion for data transformations and data support. They are very proactive which is a breath of fresh air when you compare it with Oracle support.

I would rate it 8.5 out of ten.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle, and more!