IBM API Connect Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of IBM API Connect competitors and alternatives
Head: B2B Solutions at Trustlink (Pty) Ltd
Good documentation, strong security functionality and offers great flexibility
What is our primary use case?We make use of Axway's API gateway API management tool. Its integration with middle wear is similar to ESB. We provide integrations as we are a swift services bureau. We've got customers that are banks and in some use cases. We integrate these banks with their own back office and we tend to provide integration for that. We also make use of the solution to build a marketplace of financial services, which is basically our own solution. For other customers, we do integration of the various source systems, back-office systems, legacy systems, etc. We also do file transformation where we take… more »
Pros and Cons
- "There's drag and drop functionality so that you do not need to have a senior expert developer to make use of the tool. You can get more of your staff trained up to be able to use it as it's not overly technical."
- "The installation process is a bit complex and it could be a lot simpler."
What other advice do I have?We're largely a customer, although we are consultants and refer Axway often. While we use the solution's cloud deployment model, we also engage with the on-premises version as well. I'd advise other companies considering a solution like this to first go and determine their strategy around APIs in their business. That's really important. There needs to be a plan around how a company is going to manage APIs. A business needs to ask itself: What is the digital transformation strategy? They need to approach this as a strategic investment and already have some strategy behind it. It really is core…
Technology Analyst at Infosys Technologies Ltd
Sep 26, 2019
Gives us insight to the original view and tells us how much data there is
What is our primary use case?We've been using it to program intermittently. There's a problem with one version, which saves pretty slowly. Now it's good. Then we found that this is cheaper. The advantages include the coding, as well as getting emails and alerts from them.
Pros and Cons
- "This improved our organization, because it gives the management data to discuss for the next course of action and it suggests what to work on, as the next thing."
- "From the last version, they have added more dashboard support, but there is still a lot they need to improve. In terms of monitoring, it's almost all covered. The interface can be improved, though."
What other advice do I have?I would say implement it. If you are new to APIs and things, you won't understand it, but if you have some experience it will be okay. I would rate this as eight of ten.
Solution Architect (Africa Regions) at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jul 23, 2019
An inexpensive integration solution that needs more time to develop as a mature product with better brand recognition
What is our primary use case?What we have been trying to do is reveal APIs for some businesses that we're trying to create that still use some of our legacy platforms and incorporate the newer technologies that we're trying to bring on.
Pros and Cons
- "It is a good product for API management."
- "It is a young product and does not have the kind of brand recognition that would make it a more popular solution with our clients."
What other advice do I have?In rating the product overall, I'll give it a seven out of ten. They could really improve on recognition of their brand name, their marketing and their overall appearance in the market.
Senior Software Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Sep 24, 2020
Overall quite good with great stability and scalability
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution for all of our security. There are a few use cases for us where we use it to protect API to third parties.
Pros and Cons
- "The stability of the solution is good. There aren't issues surrounding bugs or glitches. We don't find that it crashes or freezes. It's pretty reliable."
- "The solution tends to hide the limitations to keep selling the product."
What other advice do I have?We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. We are removing our IBM products and transition completely over to Apigee. We have Azure's API as well. In next one year or two year, we are going to dissolve IBM API Connect as well as Azure CIM and move everything to Apigee. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate Apigee at an eight. We'd rate it higher, however, they aren't clear on their offering. We just want everything automated and easy. The cost is not the issue. The lack of information is. I'd recommend the solution. It's a nice product and companies…
Solution Architect at a sports company with 201-500 employees
Nov 12, 2020
Good API hosting and management and very stable
What is our primary use case?We have company-wide APIs which are hosted in Niger, and some of the external clients access the applications via the API, and we provide the post-data information. The clients get their data from our larger API.
Pros and Cons
- "The API management and the hosting of the API platform are great."
- "The documentation could be improved for the customer."