IBM App Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM App Connect is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to IBM Cloud Pak for Integration: IBM App Connect vs IBM Cloud Pak for Integration

What is IBM App Connect?

Rapidly connect public clouds, private clouds and on-premises application

App Connect Professional is IBM’s cloud integration offering which delivers an integration solution
• With ease-of-use, flexibility and increased responsiveness to the evolving business needs, while removing the daunting complexities of integration.
• Provides the powerful combination of a ‘simple integration experience’ for business users looking to automate how their applications talk to each other; coupled with a ‘configuration based integration’ approach for IT.
• App Connect Professional is for the teams and integration developers who need to solve more complex problems and need powerful tooling for integration scenarios

IBM App Connect is also known as IBM Cast Iron.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

IBM App Connect Customers

United Way of Allegheny County, Saint-Gobain CPS, Ricoh, SunTrust Banks Inc.

IBM App Connect Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM App Connect pricing:
  • "It is very expensive if we want to scale."
  • "The price could be better."

IBM App Connect Reviews

SS
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Can integrate using different interfaces

• "It has different type of interfaces that can integrate with companies."
  • "It is not easy to deploy. It requires someone with a high level of knowledge in the solution to deploy it, not just anyone can do it."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the integration of applications in different scenarios.

What is most valuable?

• Comfortable integration
  • Different type of interfaces that can integrate with companies.

It is very stable.

It takes two people to deploy and maintain the solution.

It is very expensive if we want to scale. Four nodes are using App Connect.

There are two people currently using the solution.

The technical support is very good.

We used IBM Integration Bus a very long time ago. We need the App Connect solution for its integration platform.

It is not easy to deploy. It requires someone with a high level of knowledge in the solution to deploy it, not just anyone can do it.

It was very fast to deploy. It took one day.

Our implementation strategy was focused on CI/CD.

We did the deployment ourselves. We used an integration toolkit from IBM.

The solution is really good, but expensive.

We also looked at open source solutions.

We tried to start using other solutions in our projects, but found they were not simple to use. We are using App Connect because it's a more comprehensive solution that can handle many projects.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution as a nine (out of 10).

EY
SOA & BP Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good support, choice of deployment infrastructure, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used as the integration hub between the internal application of any enterprise.

What needs improvement?

The installation of containers could be simplified, as it currently requires a senior-level installer. In the next release, I would like it to be integrated with lifecycle management.

I have been using IBM App Connect for 15 years. We started working with version 2, but now we are using version 11, which is the newest version.

It's a stable solution, we have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product. We have more than 20 users who are using this solution.

How are customer

What needs improvement?

I have been using IBM App Connect for 15 years.

It's a stable solution, we have not had any issues.

Technical support is good.

You can install both on the cloud and on-premises.

If you go with a container-based installation, it's more complex than a traditional installation.

We need only one person to deploy this solution.

The pricing could be better.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This is a cloud-based and Microsoft-based solution. It was called Message Broker previously.

We plan to continue implementing this product and I would recommend it to others.

I would rate IBM App Connect a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, MuleSoft, Informatica, and more!