IBM Informix Valuable Features
- Very flexible with extended replication architecture. It has great responses to complex requirements, implemented easily, and is easy to maintain.
- Easily scalable, vertically and horizontally
- Hybrid data: Does SQL and NoSQL in the same queries, providing simple answers to complex scenarios
- Onboard DataBlades like TimeSeries, Spatial, node, etc.
- Warehouse Accelerator easily plugs into OLTP instances and deals with OLAP queries with extreme performance (query response times divided up to 700).
- For IoT business cases, having Informix Enterprise Edition work on edge computers, like Raspberry Pi and using Informix replication, makes complex situations simple to build and maintain.
Head of Department at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
The solution is quite stable and reliable. We use it mainly due to its general stable nature.
There's a lot of flexibility for us to create a DB schema.
They provide some replication for us - XDR, or something like that.
So far, we do not have a lot of issues. It's pretty problem-free.
There are many great features within the solution. For myself, from what I have witnessed, there isn't just one valuable feature.
I'm overall quite satisfied with this solution. I have 20 years with Informix. I like everything about it.
The initial setup is pretty easy.
The stability is very, very good.
The scalability of the solution is great.View full review »
- I have been administering Informix for 10 years, and it's a highly reliable product, robust, processes high volumes of information, etc.
- Its high availability characteristic is very stable and easy to configure and administer compared to Oracle to be performed higher than lower costs.
- I really think it's a robust database tool and an excellent support.
The solution's stability, performance, enhanced functionality, and replication are all great features.View full review »
IT Budget Manager at Lake County
The most valuable features are its speed and ease of management.View full review »