IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM)?

IBM Optim solutions manage data from requirements to retirement. They boost performance, empower collaboration, and improve governance across applications, databases and platforms. By managing data properly over its lifetime, organisations are better equipped to support business goals with less risk.

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) is also known as IBM Optim Test Data Management, Optim Test Data Management, IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management.

Download the Test Data Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) Customers

Dignity Health

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

SK
Technical Lead at Wipro Technologies
Data archiving reduces application performance issues and storage

What is our primary use case?

Data archiving on some of the packaged applications, test data management and data masking on custom as well as packaged applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Performance improvement in the application by archiving the obsolete data on some of the packaged applications.

What is most valuable?

Data archiving reduces application performance issues and storage. Test data management Data masking for GDPR.

What needs improvement?

Improvisation in the area of the self-service user interface for test data management is required to cater to test data needs.

More than five years.
OM
Data Modeler Manager / Application Development Manager at CIGNA Corporation
Even when a masking-on-demand feature was provided, we decided to write our own to meet the actual business needs

What is our primary use case?

Provide production-like data to lower environments, allowing us to eliminate risks of data exposure.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Broadcom, Informatica and others in Test Data Management. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SK
Technical Lead at Wipro Technologies
Data Archiving saved storage and improved production performance

What is our primary use case?

I have worked with IBM Optim tool, and implemented it in automobile, finance, and health care organizations on all its four solutions - Data Archiving (DG), Test Data Management (TDM), Data Masking (DP) and Application Retirement.

How has it helped my organization?

Data archiving saved much storage and improved production performance. We were able to achieve data privatization.

What is most valuable?

Its data masking feature is very effective and the latest improvisation in this is UMask which I expect to be another powerful add-on.

What needs improvement?

The Core Optim was much better than the newer front-end release Designer & Manager, which added more complexity. However, the newer release has more elaborate reports.

For how long have I

EE
Database Security Consultant at a tech services company
User
Improved the quality of test data in non-production environments

What is our primary use case?

I have implemented IBM Optim Test Data Management on several clients from the financial and healthcare industries. Dozens of database servers were covered and running RDBMS, like Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2.

How has it helped my organization?

My clients improved the quality of test data in their non-production environments and the privacy of sensitive information.

What is most valuable?

Data masking features are the most valuable, as non-production environments are used by diverse parties and data privacy has to be guaranteed.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to combine different masking functions on the same column map, making more complex masking without the need to write a Lua procedure.

For how long have I used the

it_user642165
IT Leader in Global Technology, Corporate Systems at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
The data privacy function masks PII and PHI data.

What other advice do I have?

* Reduces the need to keep expanding data storage * Faster query performance with shorter batch execution times * Consistent data masking and data integrity in non-production environments * Efficient test data management
it_user651513
Director-Projects at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We can use match keys and compare the records before and after masking. I would like to see a drop-down like interface to generate a policy for masking.

What other advice do I have?

I recommended that others complete a PoC/pilot before starting an implementation. Some of the diverse technology landscape might require a hybrid Test Data Management solution.
it_user660612
Systems Analyst at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
It provides data masking with consistency across databases and applications.

What other advice do I have?

There are many flavors of Optim. Make sure you understand what you want.
Product & Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Automates recurring processes that create and manage non-production environment data.

What other advice do I have?

Optim Test Data Management and Privacy solutions help you to create right-sized test databases, automate test processes and mask sensitive data to protect privacy, maximize the accuracy of testing using production data for test purposes.
Jyotirmay Mishra
Senior Project Manager /Senior Solution Architect at Cognizant
The Data Growth feature enables business policies, data retention and access control.

What is most valuable?

The Data Archive or Data Growth feature is one of the very useful solutions that help organizations to manage and support their database archiving strategies. This feature also enables business policies, data retention and access control.

How has it helped my organization?

This feature helps organization to plan test data strategies based on data retention policies.

What needs improvement?

In the IBM Optim tool, the Synthetic Test Data Generation feature is lagging behind.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.
it_user653673
User at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Provides a data growth solution. Does not support new test data generation.

What is most valuable?

Data growth solution Data masking and test data management Data decommission

What needs improvement?

The tool does not support new test data generation. Optim tool is helpful to extract (subset and mask) the data from a production-like environment. The test data generation is not part of IBM Optim.

I have used it for three years.

Sometimes, we have had deployment issues.

Only very rarely have we encountered stability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is not bad.

The…
AS
Technology Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
I value data masking, data extraction/sub-setting, data comparison, and data load.

What other advice do I have?

Optim is a great tool for enterprise data movement, data masking, data sub-setting, data comparison, and data aging. However, it lacks certain capabilities critical for central test data management operations like data generation. The requirement scope/goal should be clearly defined before selecting the tool.
it_user599013
Senior Test Analyst at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has more data privacy options than older technologies. Initial setup was a bit tedious and time consuming.

What other advice do I have?

It’s very helpful in the mainframe environment.