IBM Kenexa OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Kenexa is #3 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems, #10 ranked solution in top Benefits Administration tools, and #13 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. IT Central Station users give IBM Kenexa an average rating of 8 out of 10. IBM Kenexa is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors: IBM Kenexa vs SAP SuccessFactors. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is IBM Kenexa?
Kenexa provides business solutions for human resources. We help global organizations multiply business success by identifying the best individuals for every job and fostering optimal work environments for every organization.

IBM Kenexa is also known as IBM Smarter Workforce, Outstart.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

IBM Kenexa Customers
Sweet Spot International (SSI), Leo Burnett Worldwide (LBW), Sika AG, Legacy Health, Apollo Group Inc., Regeneron, Transurban Group, National Health Service, New Zealand Police, Overland Footwear, Yealands, Johnson Controls, Allscripts, Kerry Foods, Masterpet, AMD, Balfour Beatty
IBM Kenexa Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Kenexa pricing:
  • "Kenexa was fairly priced. However, in 2019, before I left my previous organization, they significantly increased their pricing. It can be affordable, but their pricing is going up. It is not just licensing; it is how many applicants you have in your system on the database side."

IBM Kenexa Reviews

ER
Manager, Human Resources at a non-profit with 11-50 employees
Recruitment tool is user friendly and flexible but the Workbench site needs work

• "It is extremely user friendly. It is very flexible in managing recruitment, especially when you have thousands of applicants as we did. We easily had over 20,000 applicants within a year for some of our positions, so it made it very easy to manage a large application pool. It was very easy to customize by recruiter preference. When you open up someone's profile to see their experience, education, or other things, you can customize that for yourself. It was flexible in that, and each recruiter could set up their preferences. It didn't have to be set up so that everyone had to have the same landing platform, which was very helpful. As someone who trained other HR people on how to use the system, it was very easy to pick up and learn."
  • "The reporting tool is helpful, but it is not the easiest to train on or is not as understandable for other HR pros. Their Workbench site, which is the administrator site that you use to update your website, is not user-friendly. When updates are required, it is not that easy to manage because Workbench is not user friendly. It required more work from the admins. They have Workbench training, which actually was very unhelpful. It took eight hours to complete, and it was not very helpful. Their customer service when it comes specifically to their Workbench site is not helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We used Kenexa BrassRing as our recruitment database, where we received all applicants. We also used it to run compliance reporting based on our applicants. When you are a large employer, certain reports are required if you are federal contractor, such as, affirmative action plans. However, we did utilize it's onbaording capabilities.

How has it helped my organization?

1. Very easy to use, flexible, customizable UI for recruiters.
2. eLinks feature allows recruiters to easily share candidate resumes and covers letter with Hiring Managers via email. Hiring Managers did not require a login, so doesn't cut into user costs

What is most valuable?

It is extremely user friendly. It is very flexible in managing recruitment, especially when you have thousands of applicants as we did. On average, we had over 20,000 applicants each year, and Kenexa Brassring made it easier to manage a large application pools.

It was very easy to customize by recruiter preference. Each recruiter has the options to customize their own view, which personalizes the recruitment experience. We really liked that is was flexible in and each recruiter could set up their preferences. It didn't have to be set up so that everyone had to have the same landing platform, which was very helpful. As someone who trained other HR people on how to use the system, it was very easy to pick up and learn.

What needs improvement?

The reporting tool is helpful, but it is not as user friendly at the recruitment tool.

Their Workbench site, which is the administrator site that you use to update your website, is not user-friendly. When updates are required, it is not easy to manage, mostly because Workbench is not user friendly. Their virtual Workbench training was lengthy (about 8 hours) and ultimately did not help end users become pros at using Workbench.

The last time I used it was in 2019. It was the SaaS version.

It was very stable. We rarely had outages with Kenexa Brassring.

It is easily scalable, it is owned by IBM which is a global organization. I would guess they could scale anything. We had about 15 to 20 people in HR using Kenexa, and while hiring, managers did not have login access to Kenexa Brassring, we could easily share applicants and they could provide feedback without ever logging in.

Technical support was not always great. They tend to push you towards workbench admins or paid support.

It was already set-up prior to my arrival on the job. Kenexa launched the updated UI platform in 2019, which required me as the admin and Workbench user to go in and make decisions on what the website would look like while updating our applications.

It does require maintenance on occasion, especially if you need to make updates to applications, which sometimes maybe required if there are changes in the law, for example.

Kenexa Brassring was fairly priced. However, they recently increased their rates significantly. I believe the pricing was based on licensing and how large the database was.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, from a recruiter's perspective, it is an excellent product. It is probably one of the best recruitment products out there in terms of usability, ease of understanding, and management of large applicant pools. However, the person who is trained on the backend to manage the site should likely be maybe more of an IT person with an understanding of managing websites from a backend perspective. Although Kenexa  Brassring tries to make it easy by using an easy-to-understand language, it is still very complex if you are not experienced.

I would rate IBM Kenexa Brassring a seven out of ten overall.

Private Cloud

IBM
YD
HR Operations Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Quite stable, easy to setup, and it has good support but it does not synchronize well with other ERP tools

• "The most valuable features are that we can upload documents and download them on demand."
  • "I would like to have a better and more user-friendly interface."

What is our primary use case?

We are using IBM Kenexa for onboarding employees.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduces the amount of time it takes to share drives and search for a person. It is quicker joining documents when you can just put in a person's name and find the entire onboarding history and recruitment options.

That makes it easy because it's all centralized, it's easy to download and navigate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that we can upload documents and download them on demand. This is very useful. It could be joining documents, or employment screening, or your employment history.

It's easy enough to upload, find, and retrieve whatever you are looking for.

What needs improvement?

It does not synchronize well with other ERP tools, such as SuccessFactors or Workday.

I would like to have a better and more user-friendly interface. It needs to be a bit more intuitive. It's not as intuitive as SuccessFactors.

In the next release, I would like to see a better user interface, better speed, and a bit more customization without having to reach out to IBM.

It is quite stable. There have only been a few IT downtimes.

Also, it is quite dependent upon how SAP functions.

It is more or less stable most of the time and in general, I do not have any problems with stability.

It's pretty scalable. It's currently onboard deployment.

As long as you have the server capacity, it's scalable.

My current team supports approximately 20,000 employees. The data for approximately 20,000 employees is uploaded on it, year on year 20,000 to 25,000 a year. We also have 35 people who are active administrators on any given day.

At this moment, we do not have plans to increase our usage because our hiring has come down due to the COVID. There are no current expansion plans, at least until the middle of 2021 maybe 2022, given the current trend.

Technical support has been fantastic. Anything that we raise is generally resolved in 24 hours.

Complicated issues might take a while, but we haven't had many or even any in the last year.

I have not used another solution prior to IBM Kenexa. I have been using Kenexa for a while.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The deployment was done in-house.

This solution requires maintenance. We have a team that is designated to maintain this it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but I would say make sure that you have the basic infrastructure and training for the people. It's essential.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, SAP, Oracle, and more!