IBM Rational Test Workbench OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Rational Test Workbench is the #10 ranked solution in our list of top API Testing Tools. It is most often compared to HCL OneTest: IBM Rational Test Workbench vs HCL OneTest

What is IBM Rational Test Workbench?
IBM Rational Test Workbench provides a comprehensive test automation solution for mobile applications, regression testing, integration technologies and performance and scalability testing. It helps you build intelligent and interconnected enterprise applications that can be deployed on traditional and cloud infrastructures. With Rational Test Workbench, you can significantly reduce test cycle times, moving integration testing earlier in the development lifecycle.

IBM Rational Test Workbench is also known as Rational Test Workbench, IBM Rational Performance Tester, IBM Functional Tester, IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

IBM Rational Test Workbench Customers
Financial Insurance Management Corp.
IBM Rational Test Workbench Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Rational Test Workbench pricing:
  • "It doesn't really concern me. Licensing is on a yearly basis."
  • "The pricing is a little bit on the higher side, although it is really good."

IBM Rational Test Workbench Reviews

JP
IT Specialist, ITE at a government with 10,001+ employees
Good reporting and interface, but supports limited types of protocols and requires low-level script editing

• "Reporting is pretty good. Its interface is also good. I'm overall pretty happy with the functionality and use of IBM Rational Test Workbench."
  • "It should have more interfaces. In terms of interfaces or protocols, what you can do with Rational is far limited as compared to other products out there. What it does, it does great, but it only gives you limited types of protocols. It supports between 8 to 15 types of protocols, whereas other test tools give you 20 to 30 types of protocols with which you can do testing and convert to script. It records Javascript-based scripts, and you got to know a little bit of Java to basically be able to edit them, but the level of editing you got to do is very low. I like that, but the ability to edit the script is not as good as Parasoft or LoadRunner, which have C-Script."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for web-based traffic. It is on-premises. The load generators of the test drivers are virtual machines. We are using the second to the latest version.

What is most valuable?

Reporting is pretty good. Its interface is also good. I'm overall pretty happy with the functionality and use of IBM Rational Test Workbench.

What needs improvement?

It should have more interfaces. In terms of interfaces or protocols, what you can do with Rational is far limited as compared to other products out there. What it does, it does great, but it only gives you limited types of protocols. It supports between 8 to 15 types of protocols, whereas other test tools give you 20 to 30 types of protocols with which you can do testing and convert to script.

It records Javascript-based scripts, and you got to know a little bit of Java to basically be able to edit them, but the level of editing you got to do is very low. I like that, but the ability to edit the script is not as good as Parasoft or LoadRunner, which have C-Script.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

It is stable for the most part. More of my issues are related to virtual infrastructure impact than anything else.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It doesn't really concern me. Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

The only real issue I have is that it is limited in its use. If it fits your usage, it is awesome.

I would rate IBM Rational Test Workbench a seven out of ten.

KashifJamil
CEO at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good integration with other tools, stable, scales easily

• "This solution provides for API testing, functional UI testing, performance testing, and service virtualization."
  • "There are a number of things that they can do to simplify the tools, but the most important thing that they need to do is simplify the installation."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Test Workbench for all kinds of testing, including automated testing.

What is most valuable?

All IBM testing tools are really well integrated. They are good at integration and provide valuable collaboration with other tools. If you have the Workbench then it can be integrated and collaborated with other IBM Rational Tools.

What needs improvement?

There are a number of things that they can do to simplify the tools, but the most important thing that they need to do is simplify the installation. This includes the workbench as well as the other tools.

In the future, I would like to see the other types of tests supported, that are not already covered in the DevOps approach. This would include, for example, penetration testing.

We have been using IBM Rational Test Workbench for more than 10 years.

The stability is extremely good.

This product is 100% scalable. Wherever you want to plug-in, you can.

Technical support from IBM is very good.

The installation should be easier, although it hardly takes one day to deploy. One person is sufficient for deployment and maintenance.

The pricing is a little bit on the higher side, although it is really good.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if anybody is using tools from IBM Rational then they should buy the Rational Test Workbench because of the integration.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.