IBM Resilient OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Resilient is #2 ranked solution in top Security Incident Response tools and #6 ranked solution in SOAR tools. IT Central Station users give IBM Resilient an average rating of 8 out of 10. IBM Resilient is most commonly compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: IBM Resilient vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is IBM Resilient?

The Resilient Incident Response Platform (IRP) is the leading platform for orchestrating and automating incident response processes.

The Resilient IRP quickly and easily integrates with your organization’s existing security and IT investments. It makes security alerts instantly actionable, provides valuable intelligence and incident context, and enables adaptive response to complex cyber threats.

Download the Security Incident Response Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

IBM Resilient Customers

Golden Living, Health Equity, USA Funds

IBM Resilient Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Resilient pricing:
  • "It is very expensive."

IBM Resilient Reviews

Md Saiful Hyder
AGM, Enterprise Solutions at Omgea Exim Ltd
MSP
Easy to use with good stability but needs more documentation

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "The product needs a bit more development."

What is our primary use case?

We have delivered a couple of Resilient solutions to our customers.

The product is primarily used for incident response automation and orchestration.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

It's a very stable product. The performance has been very good.

What needs improvement?

The product needs a bit more development.

We've had some compatibility issues that need to be resolved. There needs to be a bit more research done into that to figure out why it won't work. For example, my customer had some specific requirements, however, due to a lot of compatibility issues, some devices were not available to upgrade or add to the system. They say they are working on adding it to the solution, however, the compatibility still isn't available, and may not be for a while. They are unclear on the timelines.

We've had issues surrounding the deployment of the product.

The solution needs to try and develop more custom playbooks or documentation to help the customer with the initial setup.

Technical support is not pro-active enough and they take too long to provide solutions to problems.

The solution needs to have a physical deployment as well. It would be ideal if it wasn't just on the cloud.

We have been selling the solution for the past three years at this point.

There are some aspects of the solution that we can scale. There are certain things we can customize if we need to. We can also scale, for example, the number of actions per month. You can expand it if you need to.

Currently, we have six clients using the solution. These companies differ in size.

I personally have five team members in my organization who are supporting the customer in the support portal.

We use the IBM support portal. The need to be much more proactive in supporting the customer. They don't necessarily ever say "this is not possible". Instead, they say "we are developing a solution". However, the process of developing a fix takes far too long. They need to be more aggressive in dealing with issues. Right now, sometimes it can take up to two to three months to resolve an issue, which is far too long.

I wouldn't say that we are satisfied with the level of service they provide.

We've had issues with the setup process. We have Palo Alto, and for some reason, there isn't good compatibility.

That said, for the most part, the installation is fairly straightforward. It's not too complex.

We have five team members capable of handling implementations.

We handle the implementation for our clients.

The pricing is pretty good, however, the downside is that it is not a very mature product.

When a company needs a playbook, they have to create one, and then they have to pay someone for that service. However, it might be something that IBM could develop and template for others. They may be in the process of doing this already.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

It's an okay product, however, it needs more maturity.

Cyber Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple to use and integrates with IBM QRadar, but the configuration Need lot of hard work

• "The solution is simple to use and to integrate with IBM QRadar."
  • "The implementation could be a bit simpler."

What is our primary use case?

We've integrated the solution with IBM QRadar. We collect data and analyze it. We then send the results to IBM QRadar for action through IBM Resilience. It allows us to take action against attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

As of right now, IBM Resilient helps our search analysts in making action against attacks and to manage the tickets.

What is most valuable?

The solution is simple to use and to integrate with IBM QRadar.

IBM QRadar sends alerts, and Resilient takes action.

What needs improvement?

IBM Resilient helps the company to automate responses against cyber-attacks using dynamic playbooks by sending actions to other IT solutions like firewalls, antivirus, Microsoft Teams, etc. The concept is to develop functions that you can find in IBM X-Force Exchange, and there are making lot of hard work to develop these functions, but for now, they need to add more functions to respond with other security solutions (Cisco ASA, ForcePoint, WAF...), so for now, all we can do is to wait for these functions, and I see that every month they add more functions.

I've been using the solution for six months.

I can see that the solution is almost stable.

The solution is scalable, and the best part is that IBM Resilient gives you the opportunity to develop your own scripts using the python language to make an action.

We've been in contact with technical support. They're okay, but they sometimes take a lot of time to respond.

We hadn't previously used a different solution. We chose IMB Resilient because it's the best SOAR solution if you are implementing IBM QRadar.

The solution isn't hard to set up if you have a good understanding of IBM QRadar. It's also easy to integrate with it. Deployment takes about one hour. The configuration is a bit more complex; you'll need to understand how the unit works. Configuration usually takes about three days, but it can take up to one month. It depends on the network.

Typically, you just need one person to handle the deployment process, but it depends on the network. We have a team of ten people who handle the maintenance. They work on all of the solutions, not just Resilient.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We haven't seen any ROI by using this solution.

Talk to our pre-sales consultants.

We didn't evaluate other options. We were already using IBM QRadar and the best solution to implement with it was IBM Resilient.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We are IBM resellers.

The solution is limited, but it needs lots of development, especially when we talk about making actions with other security solutions.

I'd recommend that users implement the solution with IBM Radar; otherwise, they'll face a lot of limitations.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Palo Alto Networks, RSA and others in Security Incident Response. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nilesh Burghate
Head - Global SOC at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, with good User Behaviour Analytics and has the ability to interlink offenses

• "The UBA, User Behavior Analytics, is very good."
  • "The initial setup is complex."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use all of the basic functionality, including the entire MITRE ATT&CK tactics, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

The interlinking of the offenses is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

The UBA, User Behavior Analytics, is very good.

The solution has been stable so far. The performance is good.

The product can scale if you need it to. It's an easy process.

What needs improvement?

In terms of the whole analysis aspect, if we can get any additional information and ensure it's contextual information, that would be quite helpful to us.

The initial setup is complex.

I've been using the solution for four years or so. It's been a while. I have a few years of experience with the product at this point.

The solution has been quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is quite good.

We have about 100 users on the solution right now. The solution is quite easy to scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

The initial setup is not straightforward or simple. It's quite complex. It can be difficult. The whole deployment, as well as the configuration, takes some work.

The deployment itself took about two months in total.

We handled everything in-house. We didn't enlist the help of any consultants or integrators. Our team handled every aspect themselves.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business partnership with IBM.

I'm working with the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure which version number it is.

I'd recommend the product to other users and companies.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

NJ
Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helpful incident response monitoring but the pricing and integration could be better

• "It's really simple and has a flexible interface."
  • "The integration could be improved so that it is easy to integrate with other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for research and to integrate it into security solutions on the platform.

What is most valuable?

It's really simple and has a flexible interface.

It has been helpful with incident response monitoring and has good security features.

What needs improvement?

We need better pricing. It is very expensive to facilitate the students for research purposes for one month.

I have been using IBM Resilient for a few months.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

This product is scalable.

We have not contacted technical support.

We are using many other solutions for research purposes such as Red Connect, Rapid7, and Siemplify.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It's simple to install and doesn't take very long to deploy.

We researched the internet on how to install and use this solution. There is a lot of information available on the internet.

It is very expensive.

I haven't purchased this solution yet, I downloaded the community version.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very useful tool, and I recommend it.

I would rate IBM Resilient a six out of ten.

WH
Director, Commercial at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
It is easy to set up and flexible

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage security services.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its price needs improvement.

I have been using IBM Resilient for five years.

We have contacted their technical support. I would rate them as average.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us a month to deploy.

We have our own team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. Its price and technical support need improvement.

Hybrid Cloud

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage security services.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its price needs improvement.

I have been using IBM Resilient for five years.

We have contacted their technical support. I would rate them as average.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us a month to deploy.

We have our own team.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Security Incident Response Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Palo Alto Networks, RSA, and more!