IBM SPSS Modeler Overview

IBM SPSS Modeler is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Data Mining tools. It is most often compared to IBM SPSS Statistics: IBM SPSS Modeler vs IBM SPSS Statistics

What is IBM SPSS Modeler?

IBM SPSS Modeler is an extensive predictive analytics platform that is designed to bring predictive intelligence to decisions made by individuals, groups, systems and the enterprise. By providing a range of advanced algorithms and techniques that include text analytics, entity analytics, decision management and optimization, SPSS Modeler can help you consistently make the right decisions from the desktop or within operational systems.

Buy

Sign up for the trial

IBM SPSS Modeler is also known as SPSS Modeler.

Download the Data Mining Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

IBM SPSS Modeler Customers

Reisebªro Idealtours GmbH, MedeAnalytics, Afni, Israel Electric Corporation, Nedbank Ltd., DigitalGlobe, Vodafone Hungary, Aegon Hungary, Bureau Veritas, Brammer Group, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, InSites Consulting, Fortis Turkey

IBM SPSS Modeler Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM SPSS Modeler pricing:
  • "This tool, being an IBM product, is pretty expensive."
  • "Its price is okay for a company, but for personal use, it is considered somewhat expensive."
  • "$5,000 annually."

ZK
Contracts Manager at a program development consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, and it gives you a lot of visibility through features like comparing fiscal quarters

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the analysis of economic impact.

• "You take two quarters and compare them and this tool is ideal because it gives you a lot of visibility on the before and after."
  • "When you are not using the product, such as during the pandemic where we had worldwide lockdowns, you still have to pay for the licensing."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product, although it depends on the nature of the business. Those in the public sector or semi-government organizations who are supposed to report a lot of impact assessment from different perspectives such as healthcare and education will have pretty decent output and results. We have been happy with this tool, although now the times have changed. There is some commercial pressure for us to implement something that is cheaper. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
EzzAbdelfattah
Associate Professor of Statistics at KAU
Simple to implement, great automation and very user friendly due to it being clearly set out

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for many projects, mainly for sophisticated data. It's applicable when you're dealing with a lot of data, for example, we're now dealing with a cancer related project, trying to figure out how we can build a predictive model. We're also using it at the university to predict the courses our students will follow. It helps with preparation related to capacity. We use the solution for both educational and research purposes. I have some students that I'm supervising for data mining and I teach this solution. I'm interested in data science in general. I'll be publishing a… more »

• "Automation is great and this product is very organized."
  • "Dimension reduction should be classified separately."

What other advice do I have?

They offer a four-week trial which is maybe enough time to study the product. It really is very good. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Knime, SAS and others in Data Mining. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EzzAbdelfattah
Associate Professor of Statistics at KAU
Good supervised models, very organized, easy to use, and stable

• "The supervised models are valuable. It is also very organized and easy to use."
  • "Time Series or forecasting needs to be easier. It is a very important feature, and it should be made easier and more automated to use. For instance, for logistic regression, binary or multinomial is used automatically based on the type of the target variable. I wish they can make Time Series easier to use in a similar way."

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with this solution, and I would recommend it if you want to go for a paid solution. I would rate IBM SPSS Modeler a nine out of ten.
Peter Huo
Application Architect at a government with 10,001+ employees
An efficient solution with great data aggregation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to generate and deal with data. We have feeders which have the methodologies and the data gives us leverage to deal with that and provide the graphic. I'm an application architect and we are customers of IBM.

• "Very good data aggregation."
  • "Requires more development."

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product. We haven't used the full extent of its power because our team only use the basic part of the Modeler which deals with the migration of data. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
AB
Graduate Teaching Assistant at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
A great solution for running statistical analysis on your data

What is our primary use case?

I use the product for my research purposes in running analysis on data.

• "It is a great product for running statistical analysis."
  • "It would be good if IBM added help resources to the interface."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend IBM SPSS Modeler for people who need to do statistical analysis of this type. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as an eight-out-of-ten. It does the job.