IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services is #5 ranked solution in top Business-to-Business Middleware tools. IT Central Station users give IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services an average rating of 8 out of 10. IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services is most commonly compared to OpenText Trading Grid:IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services vs OpenText Trading Grid. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services?

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services are designed to alleviate the burden on internal resources by providing secure connectivity and collaboration with your customers, suppliers, and business partners. The solution is built on the cloud-based B2B integration and visibility capabilities of IBM Sterling B2B Collaboration Network and provides comprehensive service offerings for partner onboarding, B2B process management, and trading partner support.

• Facilitate growth by rapidly growing and adapting your B2B community without burdening internal resources and capital
  • Reduce B2B total cost of ownership by reducing the cost and increasing the reliability of B2B operations

Accelerate B2B collaboration with global customers and suppliers by leveraging our B2B expertise.

Download the Business-to-Business Middleware Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Video

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Reviews

Igmar Rautenbach
Head: B2B Solutions at Trustlink (Pty) Ltd
Flexible and scalable with great pricing options

• "The solution is extremely scalable."
  • "Onboarding on the solution is complex. It's hard to onboard partners and customer suppliers. It's one aspect that is not that straightforward."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to provide shared infrastructure and shared service to large corporates in South Africa (large retailers). We also use it in other industries and verticals, for them to connect to all of the local banks.

What is most valuable?

It's strong on security features, which is really a must-have nowadays.

The solution is extremely scalable.

The stability is good.

Overall, the solution offers great features.

The product is flexible.

It's really nice that they have so many pricing options for companies to choose from.

Technical support has always been very knowledgable.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use could be improved upon.

Onboarding on the solution is complex. It's hard to onboard partners and customer suppliers. It's one aspect that is not that straightforward.

IPI functionality is there, however, it be expanded. That would be very helpful to us.

It's difficult to say what's missing due to the fact that the suite really covers a full range of practicals and security features and monitoring.

A small feature that could be added would be the ability to send alerts to mobile devices.

I've been dealing with the solution since around 2012. It's been just under ten years.

We haven't had any issues surrounding stability. It's pretty reliable.

The solution has very good scalability. It's definitely one of the major benefits of the solution overall. We're a multi-tenanted platform. We use sheets and we scale it every day to as new customers get onboarded. In terms of fall volumes it's extremely scalable in terms of partners that you onboard, it is very scalable.

Technical support is good.

Due to the fact that the solution is so complex and might be in such a high-volume environment, we make use of technical support a lot. Specialized support is available. That's a major advantage. It's not just superficial. They are really, very strong specialists. They are extremely knowledgable and very responsive. We're quite satisfied with the service we get.

The initial setup is actually in between easy complex. It's not straightforward. It has levels of complexity.

It takes about three months to deploy the product.

We handled the implementation ourselves in-house with our own team. We didn't use a consultant or integrator.

Their pricing has changed recently. They're bundling items. There are various pricing options available now. It's a wide range of pricing options, which makes it much more attractive for your mid-market customers.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, for how we use it and the way our organization is arranged, this solution works very well for us. I'd rate it at a nine out of ten.

I would definitely recommend it to other organizations. It's got a lot of scalability built into it and a lot of versatility built into it. It can act as an integration platform, or it can act as a file gateway with multiple articles. It can also meet a lot of your security requirements.

WC
Associate Team Lead at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Pretty stable, works well, and allows us to monitor all B2B messages

• "We are able to monitor all B2B messages, and we are able to see or track each message on it from an error perspective. That's a good side of it. It is working well, and we're able to do our current job."
  • "It can be now classified as a legacy system because there are no more updates. From what I know, there will be no updates for the current version, which is an issue. Therefore, we are looking for a compatible new software that we can use. We're currently researching what is there in the market. We would consider something that would give us better speed on our current processor. There is also room for improvement in terms of its scalability and GUI. It is an old system, and its scalability can be improved. Its GUI can also be more appealing."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for B2B transactions with different partners that are going into our backend system.

How has it helped my organization?

Being a manufacturing company, we are dealing with different customers and catering to different orders. EDI is very helpful for us because the ordering can be done via EDI, and the orders can be processed outright, which is a big advantage.

What is most valuable?

We are able to monitor all B2B messages, and we are able to see or track each message on it from an error perspective. That's a good side of it.

It is working well, and we're able to do our current job.

What needs improvement?

It can be now classified as a legacy system because there are no more updates. From what I know, there will be no updates for the current version, which is an issue. Therefore, we are looking for a compatible new software that we can use. We're currently researching what is there in the market. We would consider something that would give us better speed on our current processor.

There is also room for improvement in terms of its scalability and GUI. It is an old system, and its scalability can be improved. Its GUI can also be more appealing.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is pretty stable. There is no problem with it.

It has been able to cater to our needs, so it has been good. However, it is an old system, and there is room for improvement in terms of its scalability.

We have seven to eight users of this solution in our company. It is being used end-to-end, from technical to mapping and then to deployment.

I haven't experienced technical support of IBM because another teammate contacts them when we have issues. Whenever we reported some issues with IBM, we got a response. It seems their technical support is doing great in terms of responding to our inquiries and sorting out the issues that we saw in the current version.

The installation on my PC is kind of easy. It progresses easily, but sometimes, there can be a problem when you're using an updated version of OS.

They chose this solution before I joined. I don't know how they chose this solution over others.

What other advice do I have?

Our backend is SAP, and it works well with that. If you are using SAP, this is a good option because there is a connector that you can use to connect to SAP. It does the job, and it can support whatever EDI you have.

I would rate IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services an eight out of ten.

Download our free Business-to-Business Middleware Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, OpenText, Seeburger, and more!