IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus Reviews

rating
Sachin Agarwal
Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 22 2017

What is most valuable?

Event Viewer is the most valuable feature as it gives you a complete list of events with the detailed information. Based on its severity, you... more»

How has it helped my organization?

It helped in the proactive monitoring process.

What needs improvement?

A lot can be improved in this product considering the performance. Maybe, in a future release, an automated email and an SMS option could be... more»

The license is provided by IBM.

What other advice do I have?

This is an amazing product and you will fall in love with it.
PankajSoni
Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 12 2017

What do you think of IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus?

What is most valuable?: Very stable tool and good for all types of event integration and automation. • What needs improvement?: Improve support quality as it is not good. • For how long have I used the solution?: Eight months. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: Only HP/IBM/BMC and SolarWinds are very stable. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: No issues in tools. • How is customer service and technical support?: IBM support is a bust; Zenoss support is good. • Which solutions did we use previously?: It is fully dependent on costing, the customer, and architect. • How was the initial setup?: It is straightforward. • What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?: It really depends entirely...
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, BMC and others in Event Monitoring.
302,095 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Con Blackett
Operations Expert at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Jan 05 2017

What do you think of IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus?

Back in 2004 after years of going from strength to strength with Netcool, the world of computer infrastructure started to change radically rather than by slow evolution. With the introduction of things like Virtualisation, B2B gateways (into other companies) etc we were seeing a massive increase in challenges like complexity, dynamic constant change in the infrastructure and lack of viability into the infrastructures of our partners, who provided key elements of our customers applications. The result of all these revolutionary changes in our infrastructure was that Netcool itself started becoming less effective, and hence we started to see a swing back to reactive management at the expense of proactive. I believe we need to see far more radical innovation in this area.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus

302,095 professionals have used our research since 2012.

IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus Questions

IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus Projects By Members

IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus Consultants

What is IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus?

Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus provides near real-time service assurance for business infrastructure, applications, servers, network devices and protocols, Internet protocols, storage and security devices.
Also known as
Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli NetCool OMNIbus customers
Consolidated Communications, €sterreichische Bundesbahnen (€BB), Capgemini
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Event Monitoring solution is right for you?

Download our free Event Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, BMC, and more!