IBM Watson Studio Overview

IBM Watson Studio is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Data Science Platforms. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio: IBM Watson Studio vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio

What is IBM Watson Studio?

IBM Watson Studio provides tools for data scientists, application developers and subject matter experts to collaboratively and easily work with data to build and train models at scale. It gives you the flexibility to build models where your data resides and deploy anywhere in a hybrid environment so you can operationalize data science faster.

IBM Watson Studio is also known as Watson Studio, IBM Data Science Experience, Data Science Experience, DSx.

Download the Data Science Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

IBM Watson Studio Customers

GroupM, Accenture, Fifth Third Bank

IBM Watson Studio Video

MN
IT Consultant - Solutions Architect with 51-200 employees
Machine learning that can be applicable for other data sets without having to carry out the process all over again

What is our primary use case?

I'm looking at data analytics for division making. In the working environment, I'm looking at how we can use the system to give insights based on company data relating to employees.

• "The system's ability to take a look at data, segment it and then use that data very differently."
  • "It's sometimes easy to get lost given the number of images the solution opens up when you click on the mouse and the amount of different tabs."

What other advice do I have?

The general advice I would give is that people should think twice about the kind of results that they are seeking. This is general for any system, not only IBM products, but they should be aware of the resources that they're sitting on that is data. Based on the brief experience I've had with the system, it works for me. It has given me the kind of results that I was looking for. It is stable. I want to believe that the support is equally good even though I've not had any experience as far as that is concerned, but I want to believe that based on the other parameters, the support will follow…
Letsogile-Baloi
CEO at IMART OFFICE CONSULTANTS
Reseller
Integrates consistently across your digital channel when trying to build an end-to-end digital platform

What is our primary use case?

We are doing the cloud part of the IBM Watson Studio. The customer needed a marketing analytics solution. IBM Watson Studio is a very comprehensive suite of marketing solutions including AI and predictive analytics.

• "IBM Watson Studio consistently automates across channels."
  • "Some of the solutions are really good solutions but they can be a little too costly for many."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give is to have your general design structured properly. That's how you can get the best out of it. Because the objectives would be really clear to everyone. You can know which ones to bring onboard. Then if you are deploying it a system integrator, you have to understand the customer's journey as a whole. This means that you have to have insights on the different channels that customer is using. I rate the IBM Watson Studio at a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JJ
Assistant Manager, Technical Engineer at MiRaeTech
Employs AI for professional analysis of video and other content

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Watson Studio was to analyze the trans-video prints about the operation so they can get their own insight into how the public thinks about their corporation. Also, I analyzed resumes so the AI can generate the proper information for the resume.

• "The most important thing is that it's a multi-faceted solution. It's a kind of specialist, not a generalist. It can produce very specific information for the customer. It's totally different from Google or any search engine that produces generic information. It's specialty is that it's all on video."
  • "So a better user interface could be very helpful"

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it around eight or nine out of ten because sometimes I experience some unknown error.
KH
Data Scientist at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with a straightforward initial setup and an easy-to-follow demonstration

What is our primary use case?

I primarily used the solution as an API. The solution was a deployed model and I was just installing the API, sending some data and returning some data from REST API. It was very easy to use.

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "More features in data virtualization would be helpful. The solution could use an interactive dashboard that could make exploration easier."

What other advice do I have?

We're an IBM partner. I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
AmbujDwivedi
Chatbot Developer at Foodbot.ai
Great features and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use Watson Studio with an application we developed for restaurants on the Facebook Messenger platform using Chatbot. It contains many features like making orders and table reservations.

• "The scalability of IBM Watson Studio is great."
  • "The decision making in their decision making feature is less good than other options."

What other advice do I have?

IBM Watson Studio has great features but the decision making in their decision making feature is less good than other options. If IBM Watson would improve their decision based system, then definitely IBM Watson could perform the role of an AI engine.
Amitabha Chakraborty
Solutions Architect, BI & Analytics at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good technical support and the page search functionality provides valuable insight into competition

What is our primary use case?

My primary use is to create a forecasting model for sales. I am doing automation from a supply chain point of view.

• "It has a lot of data connectors, which is extremely helpful."
  • "The initial setup was complex."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is really good for an enterprise-level organization. It is not really suitable for a small or medium-sized business. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.