iboss OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iboss is #9 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways and #12 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. IT Central Station users give iboss an average rating of 8 out of 10. iboss is most commonly compared to Zscaler Internet Access:iboss vs Zscaler Internet Access. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is iboss?

iboss is a cloud security company that enables the modern workforce to connect securely and directly to all applications from wherever they work. Built on a containerized cloud architecture, iboss delivers security capabilities such as SWG, malware defense, RBI, CASB and data loss prevention to all connections via the cloud, instantaneously and at scale. This eliminates the need for traditional network security appliances, such as VPNs, firewalls and web gateway proxies, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by 230+ issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss processes over 150 billion transactions daily, blocking 4 billion threats per day. More than 4,000 global enterprises trust the iboss Cloud Platform to support their modern workforces, including a large number of Fortune 50 companies. To learn more, visit https://www.iboss.com/.

iboss is also known as iBoss Cloud Platform.

Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

iboss Customers

iboss Video

iboss Reviews

DD
Vice President at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Great security, pretty stable, and has potential to scale

• "The security aspect of the solution, particularly the malware behind it, is excellent. That's something that really helped us out. It's not just a simple proxy that just blocks the insights of potential threats that come on behind it. They do malware detection and that helps us a lot."
  • "The solution could be stronger on the integration side and offer more cloud applications like G Suite or Oracle."

What is most valuable?

The security aspect of the solution, particularly the malware behind it, is excellent. That's something that really helped us out. It's not just a simple proxy that just blocks the insights of potential threats that come on behind it. They do malware detection and that helps us a lot.

Overall the solution is quite good. It's similar to Microsoft where it had a base and just added more platforms.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be stronger on the integration side and offer more cloud applications like G Suite or Oracle.

We started using the solution three to five months ago.

Stability-wise, I can't say that we have had any problems at all with the solution. It's decent. It's not exceptional, however.

We find the solution to be quite scalable. If an organization needs to scale up they can do so with iBoss. It should be a problem at all.

We have about 20 to 30 people on the solution, so it's not a huge amount. They are all mainly end-users.

Technical support has been very good to us. We've found them to be responsive and knowledgable. Their work is good and we've been satisfied with their level of service so far.

We didn't previously use a different solution before we took on iBoss a few months ago.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It didn't give us too many issues.

The pricing of the solution is okay. It's less expensive than, say, Check Point.

I've heard that Check Point is also very good, although it's a more expensive option.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with iBoss. We resell the product to our clients if the solution makes sense for them and covers their requirements.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. You don't necessarily have to do a POC first. However, I would recommend it. For us, it was easier to have it integrated into our outreach environment. For clients moving towards the cloud for the first time, especially on Microsoft platforms, its something that really should be seriously considered before actually just jumping in on a new solution.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If we wanted to, we could go with a more costly setup.

GZ
IS Manager, Software Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and quick to set up but needs more clear status information for end users

• "It was a very easy product to install. It can be deployed very fast."
  • "The dashboards for local use could be better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is a corporate proxy server, an intelligence proxy.

What is most valuable?

From a corporate perspective, I understand that it's important to keep the company data safe. From a corporate point of view, it's a good solution.

The solution is stable.

The solution can scale.

It was a very easy product to install. It can be deployed very fast.

Technical support is okay in terms of the assistance they provide.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for one and a half years at this point. It hasn't been that long just yet.

As simply an end-user, I cannot speak to its stability, however, I have not had any issues. I would say that it is more or less stable.

I'm not managing the solution; I'm only using it. Therefore, I cannot speak to its scalability. That said, from what I understand, the solution can scale.

All computers and servers are using the solution. I'd say there are about 100,000 users on it in our company.

I've been in touch with technical support and I've found them to be okay. I have no complaints as to the level of service they provide.

The installation is very simple and straightforward. It's not what I would consider being complex or difficult.

The deployment is fast and can be done within minutes.

Our deployment was handled centrally by the global team. I'm not sure how many people were assigned to deployment and maintenance duties.

I don't have any opinion on the price or any insights into the pricing. I'm mostly just a user. Licensing would be handled by management. They may have a yearly licensing agreement set up.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

As we are using the cloud deployment model, we are always on the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's very useful for corporations.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco and others in Secure Web Gateways (SWG). Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JB
Security Solution Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Cloud-based platform with knowledgeable and responsive support

What is our primary use case?

My role is security solutions architect. I do the research for the customers. We are implementors and consultants. We provide solutions for our clients. With everybody working from home due to COVID, iboss was the solution that we implemented as the security architecture for those who were working from home and normally don't. It has decentralized the office.

What needs improvement?

The endpoint-type solution is an area that needs some improvement. They don't identify that they are a security risk. This is something that needs some work. File integrity monitoring would be very advantageous as an additional feature. I would like to see anything regarding the endpoint or the endpoint-base improved.

I have been…

What needs improvement?

File integrity monitoring would be very advantageous as an additional feature.

I have been working with iboss for one year.

Technical support is pretty sharp and very responsive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate iboss an eight out of ten because it needs better coverage on the endpoint.

Private Cloud
Download our free Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Report and find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco, and more!