iboss OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iboss is #9 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways and #13 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. IT Central Station users give iboss an average rating of 8 out of 10. iboss is most commonly compared to Zscaler Internet Access:iboss vs Zscaler Internet Access. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is iboss?

iboss is a cloud security company that enables the modern workforce to connect securely and directly to all applications from wherever they work. Built on a containerized cloud architecture, iboss delivers security capabilities such as SWG, malware defense, RBI, CASB and data loss prevention to all connections via the cloud, instantaneously and at scale. This eliminates the need for traditional network security appliances, such as VPNs, firewalls and web gateway proxies, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by 230+ issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss processes over 150 billion transactions daily, blocking 4 billion threats per day. More than 4,000 global enterprises trust the iboss Cloud Platform to support their modern workforces, including a large number of Fortune 50 companies. To learn more, visit https://www.iboss.com/.

iboss was previously known as iBoss Cloud Platform.

Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

iboss Customers

iboss Video

Archived iboss Reviews (more than two years old)

Pablo Mosqueira
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Our primary use case for this product is DLP. It is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks.

• "Iboss is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks."
  • "Our primary use case for this product is DLP,"
  • "Sometimes, obviously, there are bugs."
  • "Iboss is growing so fast that it is often hard for them to keep up with the challenges."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is DLP, data loss protection for databases. We also have solutions for patch management from Ivanti.

How has it helped my organization?

With iboss, we can protect the company, wherever they are, and also there is an ability to move like an MSSP, like a managed security service provider, making contracts with carriers.

What is most valuable?

The iboss solution gives me the ability to scan the traffic through all the ports, through all the 131,000 PCP and UDP ports. With this ability, we have the granularity also for consults over social media, over applications on mobile, and this is an advantage that the customers are looking for right now. Iboss is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, obviously there are bugs, but right now they are handling them faster or fast enough to make them count and prevent new threats. In addition, iboss is growing so fast that it is often hard for them to keep up with the challenges.

It is stable, but due to growth, it can sometimes be less stable than wanted.

The two factors one must consider for a vendor are:

• Experience
  • Cost of the solution

We considered Blue Coat from Symantec. But, we found iboss more innovative.  They consider the needs of the security of the client, and the demand to protect from new threats.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: MSSP
it_user865497
Director of Technology at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Because of the tool, I did not have to assign web filtering tasks to my techs on a daily basis

• "Granular setup, which was able to set different levels of filters using the OUs in the AD."
  • "Because of iboss, I did not have to assign web filtering tasks to my techs on a daily basis."
  • "SSL decryption: We had issues with learners using apps instead of using web browsers. This type of encryption is tough for any appliance in a BYOD environment."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is web filtering for K-12. We have approximately 1700 learners.

How has it helped my organization?

We switched to 1-to-1 iPads, needing more control and ease of use.

Because of iboss, I did not have to assign web filtering tasks to my techs on a daily basis. As a department, we were able to spend our time making a difference in our learning education experience other than being the web monitoring police.

What is most valuable?

• Granular setup, which was able to set different levels of filters using the OUs in the AD.
  • The reporting was as detailed as much as you requested.
  • Filtering different age group of learners is imperative to allow the secondary learners with more access to information on the web and restricting our primary learners to areas of the web that we could trust.

Three to five years.

The tech support has been great. They speak English well.

Find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco and others in Secure Web Gateways (SWG). Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ken Lachapelle
User at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Within the filter, controls such as Web categories and applications simplify tasks

• "Valuable features: Within the filter: Controls (Web categories, applications, and Allow/Block list) and Network (local Subnets). Within the reporter: Logs (Event Log) and Reports."
  • "The area I would like to see improvement in is the ability with in the reporter to navigate directly to the content the user is traversing. It is kind of there, but it's not perfect. Quite frequently, I receive links that lead me to pages with error messages."
  • "To scale up, a new iboss Node Blade Chassis must be purchased."

How has it helped my organization?

It helps document internet activities and prevent exposure to inappropriate materials.

What is most valuable?

• Within the filter: Controls (Web categories, applications, and Allow/Block list) and Network (local Subnets).
  • Within the reporter: Logs (Event Log) and reports.

They simplify daily tasks and are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The area I would like to see improvement in is the ability with in the reporter to navigate directly to the content the user is traversing. It is kind of there, but it's not perfect. Quite frequently, I receive links that lead me to pages with error messages such as, "An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #216.6e29d242.1516384232.1523647."

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

Yes. To scale up, a new iboss Node Blade Chassis must be purchased. However, I think this new device will solve their scalability issues.

Nine out of 10. No complaints.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it an eight out of 10. There could be a few changes, but it's a solid product.

Look into the iboss Node Blade Chassis and not 14600. This product is solid, fairly easy to use, and reliable.

Download our free Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Report and find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco, and more!