iBwave Wi-Fi Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Apr 20 2019

What is most valuable?

I find the high-quality heatmap generation, multi-floor, and wire mapping features to be most valuable. We have also started using the mobile app and it is proving to save us time.

How has it helped my organization?

Before iBwave, we used a number of tools to collect and report RF data, and also Visio to create some of the visuals. iBwave replaced most/all of the other programs needed.

What needs improvement?

Areas of improvement would include more functionality in the mobile app, expanded reporting features, and some shortcut features.

I advise others to treat the cost as you would any tooling cost and use the monthly option as needed.

We did use AirMagnet as our standard but have switched based on iBwave's ease of use and extended toolset.

We did evaluate AirMagnet and Ekahau.
Indira Mariana Avilez Bermudez
May 12 2019

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is report generation. These include the equipment list, area, and compliance. These reports help to calculate the cost of the project and give us project documentation to present to our client. The 3D Coverage is a… more»

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides us with the ability to obtain an exact equipment list report. This reduces the time needed to calculate the cost of the project.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that should be improved in this solution. For example, I would like to have more functionality to generate and delete walls, along with a good undo button for reversing the operations. I would like to be able to see… more»

I did not use another solution prior to this one.

This is the only solution that I evaluated.
Find out what your peers are saying about iBwave, Ekahau, netAlly and others in Network Modeling. Updated: September 2019.
370,827 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Apr 04 2019

What do you think of iBwave Wi-Fi?

What is our primary use case?

Its primary use is building WiFi/DAS designs for customers.  Creating 3D modeling to better run propagation analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

iBwave has improved the efficiency of bidding on WiFi and DAS projects. The only tool for DAS/WiFi.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are being able to model venues closely to the real world. This helps when running propagation studies to see how signals will work in a real-world environment. Less guessing.

What needs improvement?

More features to speed up the design process Macros for part IDs Hotkeys for more commands and parts It's still a slow process to model venues and even rename components.
Project Engineer at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 23 2019

What do you think of iBwave Wi-Fi?

What is most valuable?

It can speed up design of a Wi-Fi network.

What needs improvement?

It could be improved by improving the speed of the product.

It crashes often, and is not quite stable.

Yes, I used tech support.

I implemented the product. It was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I am currently looking for an alternative due to my reluctance with the reliability of this product.
User at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
May 01 2019

What do you think of iBwave Wi-Fi?

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is designing ERRCS (Emergency Responder Radio Communication Systems) and carriers solutions for large facilities.

How has it helped my organization?

The stability and feature set of the application are top notch and can't be matched.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the signal coverage and prediction capabilities.

What needs improvement?

It would do iBwave well to become more involved with their clients. They need feedback, and I need feedback.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About iBwave Wi-Fi

370,827 professionals have used our research since 2012.

iBwave Wi-Fi Questions

What is iBwave Wi-Fi?

iBwave has been the industry standard software for designing indoor wireless network for over 13 years. Used by hundreds of operators, OEMs, enterprises and system integrators around the world. The iBwave Wi-Fi Suite is a powerful Wi-Fi network design solution that gives you a significantly more productive way to design carrier-grade indoor Wi-Fi networks. Consisting of a mobile app, a powerful PC based software and 10GB of cloud connectivity to easily share and synchronize project information.

Key Features include:

• Advanced 3D Predictive design
  • Advanced capacity planning
  • Calibrated prediction for extremely accurate prediction results
  • Ability to model incline surfaces
  • Comprehensive reporting
  • Cloud connectivity to easily share and access projects anytime
  • Free read-only project viewer for customers and project partners

iBwave Wi-Fi customers

ARRIS

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about iBwave, Ekahau, netAlly, and more!