Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

Icinga OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Icinga is #33 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools and Infrastructure Monitoring tools. IT Central Station users give Icinga an average rating of 8 out of 10. Icinga is most commonly compared to Zabbix:Icinga vs Zabbix. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Icinga?
Icinga monitors infrastructures of all sizes with the integrated cluster system secured by SSL, Integrates with DevOps tools and uses an object based configuration or provision on users' monitoring code through the REST API. Icinga has a lightweight and extensible web interface to keep an eye on your environment and provides modules that extend the functionality of Icinga Web 2. Additionally, it offers a fully preconfigured monitoring stack or just add an external perspective.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Icinga Customers

Puppet Labs, Audi, Spacex, Debian, Snapdeal, McGill, RIPE Network Coordination Centre

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Icinga pricing:
  • "It's an open-source solution."

Icinga Reviews

Ismail Rahali
Senior Consultant at SkySparc
Stable, open-source, easy to use, and checks can be run with Python code or shell scripts

• "The drafts are easy but what I like about Icinga is that there are many add-ons that you can download."
  • "At this time, the layout of the website is a bit difficult. It should be more user-friendly for changing the background and logos."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for surveillance for some of the servers for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The drafts are easy but what I like about Icinga is that there are many add-ons that you can download.

The user interface is good, it's open-source, and it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

They need to simplify the management of what the user can see and not see. The roles should be simpler.

At this time, the layout of the website is a bit difficult. It should be more user-friendly for changing the background and logos.

I started using Icinga approximately one year ago.

It's a stable solution. It's working as expected and there are no issues.

This is a scalable product. We have approximately 30 users in our company.

We do web checking for solutions when we run into problems.

At the start, the initial setup was a bit complex, but after reading everything it was simple.

It's a bit about the configuration and what you have to follow.

You have to install it on the web and then go through the checks. It can take some time, especially if you have many servers to be monitored.

We have our own team to maintain this solution.

It's an open-source solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Icinga. It's an open-source solution. It's quite easy, it's simple to use. Checks can be run with Python code, and Shell Script code.

Overall, we like it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

FC
Vice President Cloud Operations at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Huge spectrum of plugins enable the monitoring of different technologies but UI/UX could be improved

• "The value of Icinga is that it has hundreds of plugins, so it's really easy to monitor pretty much anything."
  • "In general, the product does not look good. However, it does what it is supposed to do. So, the improvements should focus on usability and UI."

What is most valuable?

The value of Icinga is that it has hundreds of plugins, so it's really easy to monitor pretty much anything. The huge spectrum of plugins enables users to monitor different technologies. That is Icinga's advantage. It is also open source.

What needs improvement?

The user experience – in terms of the usability of the application – could be improved. Another important thing is to work on a better tactical overview.

Icinga should also be updated with the latest cloud capabilities. I don't know whether it does the monitoring of containers, but that would definitely be something important to hone in on.

In general, the product does not look good. However, it does what it is supposed to do. So, the improvements should focus on usability and UI.

I have been using Icinga in multiple companies for at least seven years.

This is a stable product. We have seen no problems with stability.

I have never had any problems with Icinga, so I will assume that it is scalable.

I do not have any experience with Icinga's technical support. Our people have been able to use it without technical support so far.

The initial setup was easy.

We do not have any licensing costs.

I do remember that we evaluated multiple products but I do not recall their names.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Icinga, Zabbix, Nagios, and more!